PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Rob
04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Anyone still watching?

No surprise that Koli voted Victoria off.

O'Neal's week was so awful, I can't believe he lost 8 pounds. Sunshine is going to need to step it up.

genevieve
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm still watching the first hour each week. With the set-up I was wondering if Koli would end up in the bottom and therefore lose his single vote, but considering how hard he and Sam were working out the moment that challenge was over I'm not surprised he stayed above the line. But damn, the amount he was eating was making ME feel sick just watching him! :scream:

I was really glad Daris won the challenge. Did they give the 1 lb disadvantage to O'Neal? Did everyone else finish? I can't imagine having to go back to the challenge after watching someone being taken away by medical. Especially pinky girl who said she had a fear of heights.

I feel kinda bad for Victoria - I think coming in so late in the game was really hard for her. Not the physical stuff, but everyone else had mentally gotten themselves into the zone by then and she was back the way a lot of them start out.

Loved Michael talking about how he was determined to make the best, most structurally sound platform ever - and then he looked around and everyone was kicking his butt :lol: I know a lot of people don't like Michael for his game play but I still kinda like him.

harekrishna43
04-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I caught the very end where Victoria got voted off - I was blown away by how awesome her mother looked welcoming her home. It is hard to believe she is the same woman that got forcibly removed from the bike on Episode one - and she did it all at home as well. I look forward to seeing both of them on the final.

In between my channel switching I also saw O'Neal breaking down and crying hysterically in Jillian's arms - what was that about?

Rob
04-21-2010, 05:11 PM
O'Neal's oldest brother died of cancer, and he didn't get to see him or say goodbye because he was on the ranch. O'Neal also fell off his platform in the challenge and reinjured his knee, but he didn't let it stop him at all. He did get the 1 lb disadvantage since he came in last in the challenge, but he overcame it.

Victoria's mom looked amazing. I think Victoria needed the ranch time to learn some things (nutrition, motivation, calorie counting, new workouts), but I think it is better that she and her mom are changing their lifestyle together at home. She is living a reality that the others haven't faced yet. Koli might have noticed that she was standing around for a bit, but that isn't out of the ordinary in the early weeks of the game. She was only there for 3 weeks, and when you look back on every season, nearly every contestant hits walls early on where they can't keep up and are freaked out.

jamesy
04-21-2010, 05:44 PM
I feel kinda bad for Victoria - I think coming in so late in the game was really hard for her. Not the physical stuff, but everyone else had mentally gotten themselves into the zone by then and she was back the way a lot of them start out.
Plus everyone had already bonded with each other; the vote itself wasn't the suspenseful part. Victoria knew the score and she repeated it each week: the second she falls under the yellow line she was out. She was an easy, guilt-free vote. I'm glad she was able to be on the ranch, if only for a little while.

Nan
04-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Victoria knew the score and she repeated it each week: the second she falls under the yellow line she was out. She was an easy, guilt-free vote.

Koli might have noticed that she was standing around for a bit, but that isn't out of the ordinary in the early weeks of the game. She was only there for 3 weeks, and when you look back on every season, nearly every contestant hits walls early on where they can't keep up and are freaked out.

I only saw the last half hour so I didn't know about O'Neal's issues.

Victoria knew she would be the one to go, but I think Koli was unnecessarily harsh and a bit rude with her. It's the second time I've heard him be more judgmental than necessary when voting someone off. Does he remember he's there for the same reason they are?

AragornElessar
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
And this is the reason why I hope they don't do the one team goes home right away on the first episode ever again. Poor Victoria was out of things from the very beginning and for the very reason someone already mentioned. She was at Weeks One to Three on the Ranch where her behaviour wasn't out of the ordinary. Everyone else, was at Week 14 (?) and that's a way different thing entirely!!

As far as Sunshine was concerned, I think that was more a stress related thing more than her not picking things up enough. She had to be worried about her Dad and that in turn and then on top of that learning about the loss of her Uncle...As Bob said, Team Yellow had a horrible week and in turn, it hit Sunshine the hardest. JMO of course.

I'm w/Genevieve...Koli was making *me* sick w/all of the stuff he ate. Yi yi yi!! No surprise either they hit the gym as soon as Koli had won the Temptation Challenge.

One last thing...Wow O'Neal's come a long way. Those push ups they showed him doing were beyond impressive!!

Looking forward to seeing Abby again next week. She looks good. :)

Jayar
04-21-2010, 08:51 PM
One of the cousins and one of Sunshine and Oneill need to go NOW. Are these people not realizing the power of a pairing at this point in the game? Only three more contestants are going to be eliminated, and then they are in the finals... having two working together to win the competition is easier than being on one's own. And now, the Grey-Yellow alliance will ensure that anyone below the yellow line with one of them is going home.

GaPeach
04-22-2010, 01:14 AM
I agree with Jillian comment about cousin's dependency on each other. Koli playing the game to get Stephanie voted off makes more and more sense when you see it from that point of view with Koli feeling he was losing Sam's attention to someone else.

It would be interesting to see what happens if a yellow and a gray falls below the yellow line.

AragornElessar
04-22-2010, 05:49 AM
I agree with Jillian comment about cousin's dependency on each other. Koli playing the game to get Stephanie voted off makes more and more sense when you see it from that point of view with Koli feeling he was losing Sam's attention to someone else.

I also thought that was spot on too and the more I think about it, I wonder if that's the reason the last couple of weeks I've started to get a bit turned off of Team Grey. Can't explain it, but it's like a feeling that something's wrong, but you can't put your finger on it. It also hasn't been anything out and out nasty, but just little things have me going, "Hmmm...?"

It certainly puts the entire Stephanie thing into some perspective.

On a related note...I have the TBL Family Cookbook, but tonight's the first chance I tried out one of the recipes. It's a Trail Mix kind of a thing, but instead of granola, it's got air popped popcorn as the main ingrediant.

It calls for, as I just said, air popped popcorn, low sugar and high fiber cereal squares (Devin Alexander used Quaker's Oatmeal Squares, which I love to munch on when I have them here, but don't at the moment, so I used Mini Shredded Wheat), a dried red fruit like dried cherries or cranberries (I used cranberries) and Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips. It's supposed to go into the Sandwich sized Ziplock bags, but by the time I had them filled, I still ended up w/too little popcorn to make one more bag, but enough for a "trial" snack in the bowl.

It's not bad. Of course you can play around w/it to find what you like or even add more dried fruit or whatever to it. I left the book upstairs, as there's an omlette recipe in it I want to give a shot tomorrow morning, but if anyone would like to give this recipe a try, let me know and I'll post it here tomorrow/much later today. ;)

Nan
04-22-2010, 05:22 PM
I left the book upstairs, as there's an omlette recipe in it I want to give a shot tomorrow morning, but if anyone would like to give this recipe a try, let me know and I'll post it here tomorrow/much later today. ;)

Yes, please! :)

AragornElessar
04-23-2010, 01:20 AM
Yes, please! :)

Here it is... :)

Trail Corn

From ~ The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook

4 C air popped popcorn

1/2 C high fiber, low sugar cereal squared (like Quaker Oatmeal Squares or Mini Shredded Wheat)

1/2 C dried red dried fruit (such as dried cherries or cranberries)

2 T mini chocolate chips

In assembly line fashion, place 1 C of popcorn into each of 4 sandwich sized Ziplock bags, followed by 2 Tablespoons cereal**, 2 Tablespoons dried fruit and 1/2 Tablespoon mini chocolate chips. Seal bags and shake to evenly distribute the ingredients. Eat immediately or transfer to a resealable airtight container and store for up to 3 days

Makes 4 servings

**I discovered while making this last night that reaching in and getting a handful of cereal is pretty close to 2 T of the cereal and also a heck of a lot easier to do than try to get those squares into a Tablespoon. :)

Enjoy!!

Nan
04-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Here it is... :)

Trail Corn

From ~ The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook

Enjoy!!

Thank you! :)

AragornElessar
04-23-2010, 04:34 AM
You're welcome!!

I've tried a few recipes from the Website and all of them have not only been really good, but also well recieved by my Mom. W/my Dad on the Kidney Dialysis diet, he can't eat some of the things we can, so more often it's Mom and I who are eating anything high in fiber/whole grain these days. Anyway...

There's a salad over there that calls for Spinach, Apples, Grapes and Grilled Chicken Breasts w/a dressing made w/Yogurt, Dijion Mustard and...A couple other things I'm forgetting at the moment. It's really great both as a Salad on it's own or as a Sandwich Filling. Mom thought it was a bit *too* tangy/mustard-y, but w/the Chicken in it, I think it needs that. As Chicken just soaks up stuff like that, but can still at times taste a bit bland, I think it works.

Anyway...I have a few of their cookbooks now and I highly reccomend them. All of the stuff we've tried in either them or from the website at NBC have all been winners in this house. :)

GaPeach
04-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks!

Last night, I tried the trail corn and it was very good and filling!:)