PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Loser Couples: Season 9

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Nan
03-17-2010, 03:59 AM
I had to work and missed this tonight. Can someone give me a rundown of what happened, please?

Fridge_Break
03-17-2010, 04:31 AM
Episode summary:

Michael was rushed home because his grandma wasn't doing too well. As a result he was absent for all of the challenges. The pop challenge was nutrition trivia. The blue team (ie: the one with all the guys + Sunshine) won and got to spend a day getting spa treatment. The black team had to clean the kitchen and the gym for losing the challenge.

The second challenge was a cooking challenge and the winning team got a 5 pound advantage at the weigh in. Each team got to pick 12 ingredients. There were about 40 or 50 ingredients to choose from, and once a team picked an ingredient, the other team was not allowed to pick the same one. Teams had to create an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert with their selected ingredients. The famous chef who is always on the show (can't remember his name :lol: ) judged them based on caloric content and taste. The black team won the challenge and the 5 pound advantage.

The black team weighed in first. Sam turned in a -8, Ashley pulled a -7, and the rest of the team had small numbers (Stephanie had -2). For the blue team, the smallest number turned in was a -8 from Lance. Everyone else (including Sunshine) had bigger numbers. Daris lost 10 pounds, and Michael lost 11 while he was at home with his grandmother. The blue team obviously won the weigh in by a hefty margin, despite the weight disadvantage.

Ashley and Sherry voted for Andrea to go home, whereas the other 3 team members all voted for Sherry, thus sending Sherry home. Next week all of the contestants will be visiting home, but there is no indication that the game has or has not switched to individuals yet.

Sherry's little video at the end showed her doing a kayaking event with her local community. She's down into the 130's now (and I have to say, is looking amazing). She hopes to be down to the weight she was at her wedding for the finale.

agalisgv
03-17-2010, 05:16 AM
Have to say, in the last chance workouts the blue team was tearing it up while the black team looked like they were barely sweating. I think the black team got complacent with the 5 pound advantage and didn't work out all that hard.

jamesy
03-17-2010, 05:41 AM
Sherry's little video at the end showed her doing a kayaking event with her local community. She's down into the 130's now (and I have to say, is looking amazing). She hopes to be down to the weight she was at her wedding for the finale.
I wonder if she will also be back to her original hair color. :saint:

She really did look great, though her departure wasn't that surprising since she and her daughter got the Dr Jillian treatment just before. It was interesting that the other votes were for Drea, I thought Stephanie and her 2 lbs would have been more vulnerable.

genevieve
03-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Only got to see the first hour, glad to hear Michael lost 11 pounds while away. Is his grandmother ok?

Nan
03-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Thanks, Fridge_Break. :)

Rob
03-17-2010, 02:36 PM
She really did look great, though her departure wasn't that surprising since she and her daughter got the Dr Jillian treatment just before. It was interesting that the other votes were for Drea, I thought Stephanie and her 2 lbs would have been more vulnerable.

More recap on this - Ashley had a Jillian-induced breakdown about spending all her time taking care of her mom after her dad's death (like 11 years ago). Sherry seemed pretty dependent on her husband/depressed, and Ashley stepped into the mothering role and stopped taking care of herself. Jillian did her intervention thing and got Ashley to tell Sherry she couldn't do it anymore. Sherry responded very positively by saying that this experience gave her the jump start she needed to take care of herself and Ashley needed to do the same. All tears and lovey dovey. So it all worked as Dr. Jill hoped. Sherry does look great.

A few weeks ago, they showed Ashley and Stephanie discussing an alliance so maybe that was why Ashley/Sherry went for Drea.

This week, I watched in real time and there were a couple of commercial breaks that seemed endless.........

Nan
03-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Rob. :)

Interesting about the Ashley/Sherry relationship. It sounds similar to Michael and his mother. I'm happy that this has made Sherry feel strong enough to care for herself and I'm even happier that from now on, Ashley will be able to focus on herself. I think her transformation will be amazing.

genevieve
03-24-2010, 07:30 AM
first hour was fun to watch - I'm a sucker for reunions. PML at how the families were made to eat the most fattening meals around the participants.

Didn't see the 2nd hour but found out that Lance was booted. YEA! He can stay home with his scheming wife. So glad Koli won the bike challenge after 3 people saddled Sam with all that extra time. :HA!:

Oh Daris...he is so very earnest, and that karaoke was kind of tragic. I hope he gets a very nice girlfriend after this show.

agalisgv
03-24-2010, 01:34 PM
When they did the retrospective on Lance after his elimination, I noticed he hadn't lost much weight since he returned home.

I also didn't understand what Koli meant by wanting to eliminate anyone with doubts about being there--did Lance say something I missed?

Looks like next week they'll be bringing someone back who's been eliminated.

lise
03-24-2010, 02:57 PM
After they returned to the ranch, Lance was feeling guilty about returning and his wife was at home taking care of the kids without help. Apparently, she was a little upset that he had to return to the ranch.

i would have sent Michael home but that's just me. He's still being a jerk and it's not about the weight loss for him, it's still game play. Hoping Blue team loses the weigh in again next week.

Rob
03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Well, I was kind of glad they eliminated Lance after they showed Melissa still scheming away and goading Lance into eating all those cupcakes. He ate 17 cupcakes? Considering that Drea and Mike also did it, it didn't seem like they added that much time to everyone. I was glad Koli won after they cupcaked Sam out of the win.

Sam looks amazing. Sunshine and Stephanie are really transforming too. Stephanie's mom looked thin in the face, but when they showed them working out together, it didn't look like she's lost much.

DubbalinGirl
03-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, I was kind of glad they eliminated Lance after they showed Melissa still scheming away and goading Lance into eating all those cupcakes. He ate 17 cupcakes?

That whole bit with her goading him and him readily downing 17 cupcakes made me think that once he's home he's just going to fall back into his old pattern too easily. I mean, he never even considered NOT eating them, he just did.

GaPeach
03-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Love Sam! He is going to be totally :swoon: by the end of the season!

Glad Lance is with his wife--there's a couple made for each other.

Nan
03-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Love Sam! He is going to be totally :swoon: by the end of the season!

Yes, he is. Daris is turning out to be a real cutie, too, I love that twinkle in his eyes. :)