PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance of the Day...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

nubka
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
O.k., all of you fragrance wearers (I know there must be a few of us around here!) What do you have on today?

I'm starting the day with my first love of long ago, Diva (Ungaro.) How about you?? :) :)

Andora
01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Nothing, but if I put anything on it'd be Japanese Blossom from the Body Shop today, as I have a pilates class later. No need for anything too strong.

Otherwise, now that it's winter, I try to stick to Stella McCartney's original perfume. Soooo lovely, but kinda heady. Just right for cold weather. Rest of the time it's LAMB. Screw the stigma of celeb perfumes, Gwen's the bomb in general and her LAMB perfume is fresh and different without being too exotic on this pretty boring blonde.

nubka
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Nothing, but if I put anything on it'd be Japanese Blossom from the Body Shop today, as I have a pilates class later. No need for anything too strong.

Otherwise, now that it's winter, I try to stick to Stella McCartney's original perfume. Soooo lovely, but kinda heady. Just right for cold weather. Rest of the time it's LAMB. Screw the stigma of celeb perfumes, Gwen's the bomb in general and her LAMB perfume is fresh and different without being too exotic on this pretty boring blonde.

My oldest daughter luuuuuvs Stella! It is definately her favorite. :) She is really into rose-based fragrances right now.

Brandi_DeLain
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Dior Addict. :glamor:

nubka
01-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Dior Addict. :glamor:

Addict rocks!

pumba
01-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the topic, nubka! I thought about starting it myself, but hesistated because there already is a Glamour Puss thread here.
I'm a perfume addict indeed and have a nice collection that has ovegrown the size of a cabinet that has been set up for that.
For my todays ballet class I put Fleur Defendeur by Lolita lempicka on. A soft and fresh, though warming and a bit strange fragrance. Not such an ambitious choice for the winter holidays.

IceAlisa
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Wheeee, a fragrance thread!!! :cheer2: Today most likely I will wear Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf (I have the $45 purse spray, no way I am paying more). I have a set of cold weather fragrances (Flowerbomb, L by Lolita Lempicka, Lolita Lempicka Original, Pink Sugar), mild weather (Elle BY YSL, Unconditional Love by Philosophy, Chocolovers) and hot weather such my lovely Comptoir Sud Pacifique Eaux de Voyage--I have four of them, my latest being Coco Figue. As you can tell I am into sweet vanilla gourmands only.

I have to say that most of my fragrances were bought in the smallest size on the internets with a nice discount. Do not buy retail, ladies and gents!
Today is cold by California standards (50F) so it's Da Bomb.

Orable
01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Today I'm wearing Versace Woman. I got it in Italy last year and it's reminding me of my trip :)

Gypsy
01-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I like earthy scents: Tabu, Sandlewood, Musk. I used to love Sweet Earth by Coty - Fresh Cut Hay but it is no longer available.

I also like Warm Vanilla Sugar & Citrus type scents.

I cannot wear flowery fragrances, or I smell like a funeral home (after the flowers are a week old)

Yazmeen
01-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Chanel No. 19 - the "outspoken" Chanel...how fitting...:P

Also love Mitsouko by Guerlain, J'Adore by Dior, Amour by Kenzo, and SJP's Covet

skategal
01-05-2010, 05:58 PM
We aren't allowed to wear it at work. :(

But I love the Ed Hardy fragrance for Women. (The pink one with "Life, Love, Luck" on the bottle.)

I also really like the solid perfume from LUSH in 'Snow Fairy.'

skatingfan5
01-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I cannot wear flowery fragrances, or I smell like a funeral home (after the flowers are a week old)I can't wear a lot of floral fragrances (they end up smelling sickly-sweet after an hour or so) or most any of the "green" types, which end up smelling like celery that has been forgotten in the fridge crisper bin for several weeks :yikes:. For the past decade or more Norell has been the only fragrance I've worn, but it's gotten harder and harder to find. :( My sister bought some for me for Christmas, but she had to go online to order it. I wasn't sure how to classify it -- it's pretty much floral, but it's a rather complex blend, so I googled to find out more (http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scentedsalamander/2006/05/perfume_review_musings_norell.html).
To me, the qualities of Norell are immediately apparent; it has cachet, presence, allure, character, and charm. The very start of the fragrance is somewhat bracing with galbanum offering some dry, slightly verdant sensations to the nose together with lemon, mandarin, and lavender notes. It mellows down very quickly to a warm, round and sensual floral heart composed of jasmine, hyacinth, iris, mimosa, and ylang-ylang.

In Norell, the notes that dominate to my nose are ylang-ylang, carnation, and clove. A dry, spicy counterpoint balances out the sweetness of the perfume.The base has cinnamon, coriander, vanillic cardamom, calla-lily, musky vetiver, oakmoss, and myrrh.Not really sure if that helped much -- sort of like hearing my brother-in-law talk about wine. :lol:

Melly80
01-05-2010, 06:56 PM
SUN by Jil Sander

Received it as a birthday present from my best friend last year and I like it.:)

laurenjm
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I do love fragrance but I am highly sensitive to most. The only one I can wear is Healing Garden White Tea and I use it sparingly since its hard to find anymore and its become a luxury expense, for me anyway! My teatree body wash from Walmart will have to suffice!

paulac
01-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm in Parfum Sacre by Caron today