PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance of the Day...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

IceAlisa
01-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Cold day here in the Bay Area (lower 50s, don't kill me, you Canucks and East Coast dwellers) put me in the mood for Lolita Lempicka, the original. It really improved my morning.

As most of it was gone by the end of the day, I wore Unconditional Love out to dinner.

IceAlisa
01-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Hey, there aren't any major competitions today, come back here you guys! :P

I have to report that sadly that the Fleur Defendue is going back to Sephora.

Who was I kidding? It's a floral and I just can't do florals. Even though it's similar to the original LL, that one is a gourmand while FD is a floral, a nice pretty one but a floral nonetheless. It gave me a headache that I still have this morning despite me rather liking it for a floral. It doesn't like me! :drama:

Oh and I know why I don't like Angel--it's the healthy helping of patchouli that keeps me away, far far away.

pumba
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
My Torrente by Torrente

paulac
01-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Bulgari Black

pumba
01-28-2010, 03:48 AM
Mahora - Guerlain

IceAlisa
01-28-2010, 04:00 AM
I was in Walgreens picking up some Burts Bees stuff and stopped to sniff Halle by Halle Berry. I actually like it a lot! The top and middle notes are yummy sweet gourmand but unfortunately the dry down to sandalwood and musk is too masculine for me. Bummer! This is a rather sophisticated fragrance for a drugstore/discounted brand.

pumba
01-28-2010, 05:37 AM
By the way, how do you treat celebrity perfumes?
From what I tried I can say that most of all I liked Sarah Jessica Parker's Covet & Cover Pure Bloom. Despite being relatively chip, this perfume is rich and not just aimed at showing how sexy the actor/actress is, it is more for common people I would say.
I adore perfumes under Carla Fracci's name. I have all 6 and they are gorgeous.
I also find Sarah Connor's perfume not so bad. To my own surprise its light and floral mood does not annoy me as numerous scents in pink bottles of this type.
My mom used to like Naomi Campbell's Naomagic line. And I know many young girls who like Jennifer Lopez Perfumes.
Has someone tried perfumes by athletes? Gabriela Sabatini or Maria Sharapova?
I've heard good words abot Alian Delon's Samurai (m).
What do you think of Hillary Clinton's Authorite :rollin:?

IceAlisa
01-28-2010, 05:47 AM
What do you think of Hillary Clinton's Authorite :rollin:?
:lol:

Actually Halle is my very first exposure to celebrity perfume. No, scratch that, I sniffed something by Paris Hilton once and :scream: for the hills.

pumba
01-29-2010, 06:21 AM
Poison Tendre - Christian Dior

IceAlisa
01-29-2010, 06:29 AM
How many fragrances do you own, pumba? You sound like a real aficionado! :)

Unconditional Love-Philosophy today.

Just the teensiest dab on my wrist and it keeps me in a carefree mood all day!
This is how I wear most fragrances as well especially strong ones like LL and Flowerbomb. It's a private thing and you'd have to be in my personal space to smell it. Comptoir Sud Pacifique are the only ones I apply more liberally. Then people start wondering where the cookies are. :)

pumba
01-29-2010, 06:51 AM
How many fragrances do you own, pumba? You sound like a real aficionado! :)

Oh, I have many ;)

I started collecting them more than 5 years ago.
I actually have my profile on fragrantica.com, but I'm just in the beginning of updating that, and now I'm only on a letter L :coffee:(designers names).

Well, what can I say - this is a pretty expensive hobby, and it makes me feel some sort of shame :shuffle:. But thanks god I'm not addicted to racing cars :saint:

IceAlisa
01-29-2010, 07:05 AM
True. Fragrances are so fun. It's like wine tasting for the nose. :)

paulac
01-29-2010, 10:34 AM
In Bulgari Black again today

nubka
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Royal Hawaiian Pikake for me today (I'm longing for Spring to arrive!:))

Believe it or not, I recieved a nice compliment last week from a recovery room nurse on my fragrance. I was wearing... Angel !! :D

IceAlisa
01-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Pink Sugar!