PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance of the Day...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

pumba
03-07-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks to Ice Alisa, LL became the official fragrance of FSU :D

cholla
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
It's available online here on many sites: http://www.drjays.com/shop/P717952/nino_cerruti/image_by_nino_cerruti.html?cm_mmc=Google%20Base-_-Women-_-Nino%20Cerruti-_-
http://www.theperfumespot.com/nino-cerruti-brand-perfume-cologne.html?gclid=CMHfnI27oqACFQP7agodJic0aA

http://www.amazon.com/Nino-Cerruti-Women-Toilette-Ounces/dp/B000C2333W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1267821549&sr=8-1

Hope you can access these sites. They perfume seems to be relatively inexpensive. Good luck.

Thanks :cheer:. The last time I bought some was from Amazon.com and I hadn't realized it was still in stock. I'm going to stock up right now ! (The PerfumeSpot has very good deals but unfortunately they don't ship abroad. DRJay does but the the shipping is really expensive compared to Amazon where I have an account and many discounts)

IceAlisa
03-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks to Ice Alisa, LL became the official fragrance of FSU :D

Wooohoooo!!! :lol:

Yesterday I wore my new Narciso Rodriguez For Her. Tomorrow back to some version of LL, probably the original+Amarena. Today I am home and so am wearing the lovely Matin Calin.

Escada Into the Blue. Escada puts some mighty sprayers on their samples. It's really easy to overdo them.
Sprayers can do that to you. I am usually super careful, applying pressure very gradually and trying to squeeze out just a drop. Sometimes the sprayer wins anyway. :shuffle:

Wyliefan
03-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't get a chance to wear perfume much: I work from home, my dad's allergic to it, and I can't usually wear it to church because some of the members of my choir are also allergic.

But I found one the other day that I just HAD to buy, which is a very rare experience for me. So I guess I can wear it when I go out shopping or out with friends or whatever. :)

It's called Moonflower by Thymes. It's a little sweet but not overly sweet. I did have to laugh at the blurb on the box: "Radiant notes of gilded cinnamon, clove and sugared quince, sparkle on fresh myrtle leaves, while rich mahogany dances with dark amber and smooth cognac." :rofl: I've never read such purple prose in all my life, and I read all four Twilight books.

IceAlisa
03-13-2010, 02:37 AM
I just made a new addition to my collection. A friend gave me a set of shower gel and body lotion from l'Occitane for my birthday. However, I am well stocked on these at the moment so I went into the store to find something else.

And I did! I found this yummy spring/summer fragrance, Honey and Lemon Shimmering EDT (http://ca.loccitane.com/19/1/953/82106/fragrances/honey-lemon-shimmering-edt.htm) that is may be being discontinued in the US. It is delicious but not to be confused with the regular Honey and Lemon that is too much lemon and not enough honey.

This one is however so lovely. Very true honey scent with a tiny hint of lemon and vanilla. This is a perfect weekend/summer day scent for me. The shimmering version has the benefit of subtle shimmer when you spray it. :)

Wyliefan
03-13-2010, 03:44 AM
Ooh, that one sounds nice.

IceAlisa
03-13-2010, 04:20 AM
I am so predictable when it comes to fragrance! :lol: Make Up Alley reviewers say that it reminds them of Lolita Lempicka L and Aquolina Chocolovers both of which I own and love.

Here are the notes:

Honey & Lemon Eau de Toilette
HEAD:
- Italian lemon
- Cinnamon
HEART:
- Honey from Provence
- Delicious Caramel
BASE:
- Vanilla
- Patchouli

Let me just clarify that the patchouli is probably present in homeopathic amounts because it is undetectable to me and most MUA reviewers. And that's a very good thing.

Wyliefan, be careful with this one because this is VERY sweet (and that's how I like it) but to some this may be cloying.

pumba
03-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Good news, Ice Alisa - LL launches a new fragrance.
The bottle is big and adorable :P

http://http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Lolita-Lempicka/Eau-de-Desir-8218.html

IceAlisa
03-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Good news, Ice Alisa - LL launches a new fragrance.
The bottle is big and adorable :P

Ooooh, thanks for the heads up! :)

It sounds great but may not be my cup of tea--did not see a mention of vanilla or anything else edible. But you never know. Will definitely be on the lookout for it.

cholla
03-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Je Reviens - Worth (one of my regulars)

star_gazer11
03-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker. I also have her Lovely in the body lotion, which I find by itself is strong enough for me when I put it on my collarbone area.

bobalina77
03-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Ooooh, thanks for the heads up! :)

It sounds great but may not be my cup of tea--did not see a mention of vanilla or anything else edible. But you never know. Will definitely be on the lookout for it.

Does the LL perfume really smell that good? I'm totally intrigued by the bottles but haven't ever actually smelled it. I'm always disappointed when I see a perfume with a really cool bottle but it smells awful :lol:

I read about this perfume in Cosmo called Eau Flirt that smells like pumpkin pie and lavender which are the two scents that guys love apparently. It's supposed to make you irresistable to them. Two of their people tried it and they said it works like a charm.. guys can't get enough of it :lol: I'm tempted to try it to see what my boyfriend thinks. I don't know how it could work for everyone because not all perfumes smell good on every person.. but who knows.

IceAlisa
03-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Does the LL perfume really smell that good? I'm totally intrigued by the bottles but haven't ever actually smelled it. I'm always disappointed when I see a perfume with a really cool bottle but it smells awful :lol: Scents are very individual to both people around the wearer and the wearer herself. IOW, it may smell one way in a bottle and another on you and a third on someone else. Plus, you always have to give a scent at least 30 minutes+ to develop on your skin. And you have to be careful with the amount you apply.

Case in point. (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/detroit-to-city-workers-leave-smelly-perfumes-deodorants-and-candles-at-home-1147983/) :eek:

When I was in my 20s, LL scents were too heavy for me. I was into fruity florals like Tresor. However, my body chemistry and taste changed so that now I detest the fruity florals and LL all of a sudden smells yummy. Keep in mind that I literally use just a drop so that the only way to smell it on me is to get into my personal space. I wear perfume for me and for those who hug me. :)

I read about this perfume in Cosmo called Eau Flirt that smells like pumpkin pie and lavender which are the two scents that guys love apparently. It's supposed to make you irresistable to them. Two of their people tried it and they said it works like a charm.. guys can't get enough of it :lol: I'm tempted to try it to see what my boyfriend thinks. I don't know how it could work for everyone because not all perfumes smell good on every person.. but who knows.

Hmmm, never heard of Eau Flirt. Guys do respond to foodie scents, that much is true. Vanilla, caramel, cotton candy, pumpkin pie, why not? :P

nubka
03-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Mitsouko... :)

bobalina77
03-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Scents are very individual to both people around the wearer and the wearer herself. IOW, it may smell one way in a bottle and another on you and a third on someone else. Plus, you always have to give a scent at least 30 minutes+ to develop on your skin. And you have to be careful with the amount you apply.

Case in point. (http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/life/detroit-to-city-workers-leave-smelly-perfumes-deodorants-and-candles-at-home-1147983/) :eek:

When I was in my 20s, LL scents were too heavy for me. I was into fruity florals like Tresor. However, my body chemistry and taste changed so that now I detest the fruity florals and LL all of a sudden smells yummy. Keep in mind that I literally use just a drop so that the only way to smell it on me is to get into my personal space. I wear perfume for me and for those who hug me. :)

Hmmm, never heard of Eau Flirt. Guys do respond to foodie scents, that much is true. Vanilla, caramel, cotton candy, pumpkin pie, why not? :P

BF loves when I put on my vanilla spice body lotion from The Body Shop. He's a vanilla man through and through. Unfortunately I was only able to get it at Christmas, and when I went to stock up this Christmas they had changed it to be Vanilla Nutmeg and it doesn't smell the same at all. I mostly just use it in the winter because it seems like a warm winter scent that wouldn't be appropriate in the spring or summer. I LOVE the Body Polish though.. I use that sparingly for special occassions when I want to be extra smooth and soft :lol: