PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance of the Day...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

IceAlisa
02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Speaking of Halle Berry, I saw her yesterday at the California Academy of Sciences. She was there with her little girl and another older woman.

Halle looked stunning as usual, in tight jeans and a grey cowl neck sweater. No sunglasses or hat to try and hide! People left her alone and didn't stare of respect. Still won't wear her fragrance though. :P

Home today, wearing Matin Calin. Also gave my YSL Elle to my cousin. It was a present to begin with and I realized that I've owned it for about 6 months but used it may be 2-3 times. It's the patchouli. :wall:

My cousin, OTOH loves it and was just running out so it was perfect.

paulac
02-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Wore Infusion D'Iris by Prada yesterday, & Cabochard by Gres today

nubka
02-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Guerlain Pamplelune (Aqua Allegoria line) for me today - I just needed something really sunny today! :) :) :)

TygerTyger
02-17-2010, 02:43 AM
I've been working my way through an assortment of samples (thank you ebay!)
Begrudgingly, and at the insistence of Mr. Tyger, coming to terms with the fact that big ole' Ambers make me smell like Grandma (comforting, but unsexy.)
Today I'm quite taken with this: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P9863&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1020
My problem: It is supposedly a Citrus, but I do not *get* that at all.
Any thoughts?

myhoneyhoney
02-17-2010, 03:13 AM
This thread has me completely into perfume now! Before I'd go weeks between sprays, not anymore! I'm starting to really like Chocolovers but I have to snag in from my daughters' hands. I also like de Lolita Lempicka (the blue green perfume in the orangey looking box). I went into Ulta with hubby this weekend and he liked, of all things, Juicy's Couture Couture. I bought a little bottle to satisfy him. :)

pumba
02-17-2010, 04:06 AM
Guerlain Pamplelune (Aqua Allegoria line) for me today - I just needed something really sunny today! :) :) :)

Wonderful choice! One of my faves for summer-autumn. BTW, people's reaction on this fragrance is always "controversial". It makes me :D when I read posts about this fragrance at perfume forums ;).

pumba
02-18-2010, 08:06 AM
The only other LL available here is Coral Flower which I hate. Smells like laundry detergent to me.
I would love to try the others if they are vanilla-based gourmands. That's my prerequisite. :)

What's Amarena Whim like? Could you post the notes?

ETA: found a review on fragrantica: cherry, almond and vanilla/musk base. Sounds divine. :swoon: And completely unavailable in the US. Is there another wire transfer in my future? :wall:

Sorry for a lengthy reply, Ice Alisa, I just missed the message.
Well for me this is another one lovely fragrance form LL.
I would not call it my favourite, but it can be a good substitute when you are tired of the original.
It is not that heavy but mild, and there really is something astringent like in wine in it.
They say it smells earthy :).
When I need something neutral that smells good - I wear it.
For me, just like almost all LLs, this fragrance belongs to the "appetizing" aromas which are good for every day, and aimed at making you calm and happy :)

I heard this is a limited adition :(

paulac
02-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Organza by Givenchy today

nubka
02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm wearing vinatge Jovan Sex Appeal for Women today...:) :) :)

IceAlisa
02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks, pumba. I look forward to trying out the Amarena. I think it was meant to layer with the original. And by "appetizing" do you mean gourmand?

My mom found a small bottle of Hermessense Vanille Galante (well, I found it for her) online and bought it. A white floral we can both live with! :cheer2:

Today L by LL for me.

IceAlisa
02-18-2010, 11:19 PM
My LL Midnight came in today--luuuurve! :swoon: The only thing I can say so far is that while it's pretty similar to the original, it's more purple if scents corresponded to colors.

Angela-Fan
02-18-2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.kenzousa.com/item/eau-de-fleur-de-soie-silk
:swoon: I got it for Valentine's Day. :)

paulac
02-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Bulgari Black for me today

Prancer
02-19-2010, 10:06 PM
I came across L'eauParKenzo by Kenzo (duh) during my search yesterday and am guessing you may find this interesting. It's very clean, subtle and should be easy to wear. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1002&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=1416

I got a sample and am wearing it. I like it, but it seems to fade awfully fast.

nubka
02-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Cocoon for me today. To me, Cocoon is almost a dead ringer for Borneo 1834...