PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance of the Day...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

IceAlisa
02-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Not quite, but she's getting there. She's been working on her high school schedule for next year all week. :scream: May her high school years go as smoothly as possible--for you. :P

Yes, and it seems like just yesterday that he was a baby and you were taking him on his first flight.

It all goes by the blink of an eye. :fragile: Yes, it does. I can see us, 90 year old and still pecking away at the keyboard on FSU and complaining about those skaters/kids/grandkids these days. :lol:

I came across a sample of Laila today and was :lol: at the thought of how much you would hate it. What's Laila, a white floral?

And :lol: that I now have an ad for Old Spice body wash chasing me all over the board. Is someone wearing Burberry? :confused:

pumba
02-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Discovered I forgot to wear a perfume only in the office. Experienced all 7 stages from shock :drama: to acceptance :40beers:. Thinking of Samsara for tomorrow.

IceAlisa
02-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Samsara is not for the faint at heart! Tomorrow I think it will be Elle by YSL.

pumba
02-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Samsara is not for the faint at heart!

:D
Well again the perception is different as well as skin chemistry. I would never wear anything (floral and girly) like Pleasures or Nina New.
Samsara as perfume is gorgeous (I would say the same of edp, primarily prior the 1999).
Well maybe I'm really into "heavy" and complicated fragrances :rolleyes:, though I don't like Shalimar, but have Hugo Boss Woman and D&G Light Blue...
I'll think about it tomorrow :)

IceAlisa
02-08-2010, 08:18 AM
I am not into fruity florals or any florals in general and never liked Pleasures. I respect those with a sophisticated enough nose to venture into vintage fragrances.

Please describe Samsara to us. It's been a long time since I sniffed it at a department store and have no memory of it.

Conversely, D&G Light Blue is probably one of the most wearable scents on the market.

Evilynn
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
We (IceAlica and myself) trying to do is see if we can order with US address for delivery and US address on a credit card. The only option for payment in the order confirmation we've received was "wire transfer".

When I played with the site, and put in "location" an address in Italy, and credit card address in USA, I got two options for payment: on-line credit card payment, or wire transfer. When you proceed, with Credit Card address linked to USA, the site eliminates the credit card options. I am pretty sure the eleven.se site does not want to take Credit Cards outside EU banking system, for various reasons, such as security, identity verifications, etc..

You're probably right. They say they sell within Europe. They have a 3rd party provider for credit cards (Auriga ePayment), so it's probably not up to eleven.se which countries are approved. Looking at Auriga's site I noticed that they're about to start offering payments via PayPal, so orders outside Europe might become easier if eleven.se decides to offer the PayPal solution. :)

A cloyingly over-sweet violet note makes me feel sick to my stomach...:(

Me too. :/ It smells rotten to my nose, and violet essential oils smell absolutely horrid on my skin.

Queen of Crossbones worked out quite nicely, and might be my favourite Arcana perfume to date. :)

Prancer
02-08-2010, 12:25 PM
What's Laila, a white floral?

A white floral with a sharp watermelon note (http://www.beautycafe.com/laila_perfume.htm) :lol:

Is someone wearing Burberry? :confused:

Admins can see all the ads at the top of the pages here. Google has the ads customized to user based on location and posts. Ever since I posted that comment about Old Spice, I've been seeing ads for Old Spice on every. single. page. :scream:

Sometimes the ads are amusing.

paulac
02-08-2010, 01:52 PM
L'Heure Bleue for me today :swoon:

Cyn
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Thinking of Samsara for tomorrow.

Samsara is not for the faint at heart!

Please describe Samsara to us. It's been a long time since I sniffed it at a department store and have no memory of it.

Samsara :scream:

My mother marinates in wears Samsara 24/7/365. IMO it's a very strong fragrance. Although the top note in it is Jasmine (which on Mom seems to diffuse pretty quickly), it is heavily punctuated with primarily spicy, woodsy notes - namely Amber, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang, Vanilla, Bergamot, Peach, Lemon, and your favorite, Patchouli.

I told my mom that if Nieman Marcus ever opened a Head Shop, Samsara is exactly how it would smell :rofl: .

She was *not* amused.

IceAlisa
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
If I go to hell it will smell like a white floral with lots and lots of patchouli.

Cyn, try to present your mom with a scent you can both like. It worked for me and my mom who used to bathe in Vera Wang Veil. I decided to go the diplomatic route and gave her a tub of Sonia Rykiel that's absolutely divine on her. I watch her bottle like a hawk and when she start to approach the bottom, I buy her another tub.

Now I am praying she won't buy the Kardashian Krap.

Prancer, sorry about the Old Spice ad. That's just not right. Post something about scents you like, may be it will help. Should we henceforth refer to it as OS lest Google keeps up its stinky work?

Prancer
02-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Prancer, sorry about the Old Spice ad. That's just not right. Post something about scents you like, may be it will help. Should we henceforth refer to it as OS lest Google keeps up its stinky work?

It was Fragrance.net there for a while. :lol:

Oh, well. OS isn't nearly as bad as some of the ads topics here bring up.

TygerTyger
02-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Okay, so most of my samples haven't yet arrived.
But, yesterday I tried Prada L'eau Ambree, and liked it.
My husband, however, thinks that it is too, ahem, mature...

So, Fragrance Goddesses, please don't spare my feelings. *Is* L'eau Ambree favored by senior citizens?

nubka
02-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Bucking the tide of good taste today in Wicked Wahine !! :D

Prancer
02-08-2010, 08:33 PM
So, Fragrance Goddesses, please don't spare my feelings. *Is* L'eau Ambree favored by senior citizens?

L'eau Ambree is an amber--THE amber, even--and amber is one of the two scents I most associate with (ahem) old lady perfume.

That said, I think most senior citizens would hate this perfume, as it's not your grandma's amber. It's not the sweet amber, but more of a bitter, with a strong oriental influence (the patchouli! :lol: ). It's almost a unisex perfume--very light, not sweet, dry and woody after it dries down. I think all of the Prada perfumes are too much for teenagers, and that might come across as the perfume of a "mature" woman, but I would say it's more an adult scent than an old lady scent.

IceAlisa
02-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Years ago my husband rebelled against my Anna Sui scent that was too powdery to him. In retrospect I actually agree. So we went to Sephora and spent hours until we found a scent we both liked--it was Hanae Mori. I am over it now and wear the vanilla-based gourmands because:

1) They are the only perfume I like
2) They are the only perfume hubby likes

Take Mr. TygerTyger with you perfume shopping. If he doesn't want to go, you can have him sniff those samples that are coming in the mail. Hopefully you can arrive at a consensus.