PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance of the Day...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

talldrink
02-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey, everyone! I was wondering why I have such a strong negative reaction to so many fragrances. They often make me have a "stomach-churning, wanna-throw-up" kind of thing going on. Do other people have this? I actually like some perfumes so I no that the reaction is not universal................

IceAlisa
02-07-2010, 06:28 PM
You are not alone. I frequently have this reaction to big white florals. I get queasy and if the scent has a loud enough gardenia or lily, I get an instant headache. :drama:

paulac
02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I have the same reaction to strong white florals and some gourmands, esp. Angel

Tinami Amori
02-07-2010, 07:27 PM
I've never had a problem ordering from eleven.se, but I'm in Sweden, so I suppose that simplifies things. I've always paid with a credit card, so I'm a bit :huh: as to why they wouldn't accept foreign CCs (I know some sites won't accept Russian and sometimes Polish CCs, but I've never heard about anyone denying US cards). They won't accept Maestro or Electron cards though, but Visa. MC, DC and AmEx should be fine.

We (IceAlica and myself) trying to do is see if we can order with US address for delivery and US address on a credit card. The only option for payment in the order confirmation we've received was "wire transfer".

When I played with the site, and put in "location" an address in Italy, and credit card address in USA, I got two options for payment: on-line credit card payment, or wire transfer. When you proceed, with Credit Card address linked to USA, the site eliminates the credit card options. I am pretty sure the eleven.se site does not want to take Credit Cards outside EU banking system, for various reasons, such as security, identity verifications, etc..

So we can't even send it to an address in Europe using US credit card......

I reaaaaaaally want IceAlica to have this bottle!..... It's been at least 20 years for both of us since we came across any "Consumer Deficit/Market Shortage Impossible to get Product" since USSR...... and "we just got to buy foreign hard-to-get goodies"..... it's in our blood....:biggrinbo This is so exciting! A shortage!...... :lol:

IceAlisa
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I reaaaaaaally want IceAlica to have this bottle!..... It's been at least 20 years for both of us since we came across any "Consumer Deficit/Market Shortage Impossible to get Product" since USSR...... and "we just got to buy foreign hard-to-get goodies"..... it's in our blood....:biggrinbo This is so exciting! A shortage!...... :lol:

:lol: You nailed it! Going to speak with the bank about the wire transfer.

I have the same reaction to strong white florals and some gourmands, esp. Angel
Angel is the only gourmand I know that does that to me as well. It's the patchouli. :lynch:

Prancer
02-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Hey, everyone! I was wondering why I have such a strong negative reaction to so many fragrances. They often make me have a "stomach-churning, wanna-throw-up" kind of thing going on. Do other people have this? I actually like some perfumes so I no that the reaction is not universal................

Perfumes are a major migraine trigger for some, and I don't know of anyone who doesn't gag over some scent.

Since a lot migraine-sufferers aren't affected by Burberry and my daughter has scent-triggered migraines, I tried Burberry once and nearly threw up in the store. For some reason, I don't like the smell (or taste) of lime and the strong lime note in that one combined with the rest--:scream:

That's the main reason scents need to be subtle. You can make other people really sick.

IceAlisa
02-07-2010, 07:41 PM
My friend was wearing Burberry last night. A lot of it. Not pretty.

Good thing I got her the Strawberry Flowers by Fresh. She loved it! :) I haven't yet met a person offended by a Fresh scent. Go Lev Glazman!

Tinami Amori
02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
:lol: You nailed it! Going to speak with the bank about the wire transfer.

Scan me that wire form, as I said in email. We WILL GET IT FOR YOU, GIRL! if it takes hours, days, months! This is fun! :lol:

You know what else is "exciting"? Not buying bottles in the stores. You come to the store........ there are 100's of them...... the eyes go in all directions..... so much perfume....

Try this. Clip the samples out of magazines, cut the "parfumed line" out in a strip, get a whole stack of it, and put it on the bottom of your purse.

Then when you want to "perfume yourself", just blindly stick in your hand, and see what "surprise" you pull out....... This way you smell different each time, and you'll get to "hunt" after magazine samples.:smokin:

Prancer
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
My friend was wearing Burberry last night. A lot of it. Not pretty.

:lynch: I think it smells just like the Old Spice Lime aftershave my dad used for a while when I was a kid. I didn't like that, either.

My daughter loves the smell of apple, so I had her try some Be Delicious yesterday. She may never forgive me for it :yikes:. Then she went to Bath and Body Works and bought a Limeade lip balm (both of my kids love lime and prefer limeade to lemonade) and I may never forgive her for that. I can smell it whenever I get near her. :scream:

IceAlisa
02-07-2010, 08:33 PM
:lol: The problem with Be Delicious is that it has plenty of things floral going on beside the green apple note. I can see how a child wouldn't like it. I am not into it myself.

Have her try Lemon Sugar by Fresh.

Tinami: the problem with samples from magazines is that they are rarely of the fragrances that I like. I am restricted to the vanilla-based gourmands minus Angel.

talldrink
02-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I think I pulled out Be Delicious from a magazine insert and I gagged from it. I wonder why the reaction is so strong. not just to that scent but to any of them? Hmmmm.....

Prancer
02-08-2010, 12:48 AM
:lol: The problem with Be Delicious is that it has plenty of things floral going on beside the green apple note. I can see how a child wouldn't like it. I am not into it myself.

Be Delicious is really popular with teenagers and she's almost 14. I figured apple, teenager.......No. Migraine central.

Have her try Lemon Sugar by Fresh.

She might like that, as she likes lemon. But she told me that for the time being, no more icky perfume, she'll just stick to her usual body spray, thank me very much.

Tinami: the problem with samples from magazines is that they are rarely of the fragrances that I like. I am restricted to the vanilla-based gourmands minus Angel.

And the samples in magazines are usually SO STRONG that I can't imagine carrying several of them around at once. :scream:

That is why I like samples, though--you can wear something different all the time and there's always something to match the mood.

nubka
02-08-2010, 01:48 AM
You are not alone. I frequently have this reaction to big white florals. I get queasy and if the scent has a loud enough gardenia or lily, I get an instant headache. :drama:

A cloyingly over-sweet violet note makes me feel sick to my stomach...:(

IceAlisa
02-08-2010, 04:38 AM
Be Delicious is really popular with teenagers and she's almost 14. She is 14?? :eek: It seems you were posting that she is 12 only a moment ago. Time flies. Of course Mini Ice is now 4.5 and giving me lip (takes after his mother).

I figured apple, teenager.......No. Migraine central.
Poor thing. That was my reaction to the Kim Kardashian perfume. Of course my mom loves it (gardenia) and is thinking of buying it. :wall:

And the samples in magazines are usually SO STRONG that I can't imagine carrying several of them around at once. :scream: Back when I subscribed to fashion magazines, the first think I do would be go through the issue and rip out all the perfume samples, quarantine them in a zip lock bag and throw said zip lock in the garbage. You never know what migraine-inducing surprise your new issue of Allure is packing.

Prancer
02-08-2010, 04:51 AM
She is 14?? :eek: It seems you were posting that she is 12 only a moment ago.

Not quite, but she's getting there. She's been working on her high school schedule for next year all week. :scream:

Of course Mini Ice is now 4.5 and giving me lip (takes after his mother).

Yes, and it seems like just yesterday that he was a baby and you were taking him on his first flight.

It all goes by the blink of an eye. :fragile:

Back when I subscribed to fashion magazines, the first think I do would be go through the issue and rip out all the perfume samples, quarantine them in a zip lock bag and throw said zip lock in the garbage. You never know what migraine-inducing surprise your new issue of Allure is packing.

I don't have migraines, but I always took them out and threw them away. It doesn't help much, though; the pages still smell like the samples.

I came across a sample of Laila today and was :lol: at the thought of how much you would hate it.

And :lol: that I now have an ad for Old Spice body wash chasing me all over the board.