PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Karina1974
01-10-2010, 07:02 PM
I would be so happy if I never had to see the stupid Progressive ads with that annoying lady ever again.

These. Especially considering the fact that I switched from Progressive to Travelers and cut my car insurance in half, for the exact same coverage features I had with Progressive. I just want to tell that perky bitch to STFU.

Karina1974
01-10-2010, 07:08 PM
What do y'all think about this commercial? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

:D:rofl::biggrinbo

shan
01-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
What do y'all think about this commercial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

I was :eek: and :rofl: at that commercial and then I noticed the area code and realized it's not too far from where I live. :scream:

Jubak
01-10-2010, 09:36 PM
:rofl: Yea, I've always wondered that myself too. Its like, get up/brush your teeth/take your birth control pill .... how hard is that?

Its kinda like that Sally Field commercial for Bonevia (sp?) where she used to have to take a pill once a week, but now with Bonevia she only has to take it once a month and she just doesn't have the time in her busy life to take a pill once-a-week so thank goodness for Bonevia and freeing up her busy life! :rofl: Gawd I hate that one too.

I don't get it either. I take Actonel once a wk on Sunday & it's no big deal. Sally probably couldn't figure out her birth control, either.

Jubak
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh how could I forget that one! I hate that one too. To me her expression at the end is "I'm too pretty to get in trouble for doing this". Puke. Can't stand that commercial either.

They have a new one out now, she's still deep throating the container only not quite so sneaky in the grocery store, but sitting at the table. A friend seems to think she's cool as she engages the psycho in conversation.

genevieve
01-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I still can't figure out what's so horrible about taking a birth control pill everyday. It takes less than a second, eys?
You'd be surprised how many women forget to do it... but I agree, taking it once a day makes it a habit, whereas taking a pill once a monthwould make me more likely to forget.

The only 2 ads that really chap my hide when they come on right now are:

Empire Carpets - the guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. :scream:

A commercial I've only ever seen on UniversalSports (aside: I'm really amused by who their advertisers consider to be the US audience) is for something called goodtoshare.com. As far as I can tell, it's an online resource for parents of sick children...or something. Seriously, their commercial is basically "sharing - it's what children do. Except when they can't because they're too sick. That's why we've created goodtoshare.com"

Um.... 1) I hardly think of sharing as something children inherently do and 2) I keep expecting them to tie in the fact that what children share the most is their GERMS because they stick everything in their mouths :lol: and 3) I hate the way the woman says "goodtoshare.com". 4) WTF is this company for, exactly?

:P

Cyn
01-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I still can't figure out what's so horrible about taking a birth control pill everyday. It takes less than a second, eys?

You'd think so, right? :lol: . This ad campaign likely appeals to the fools who have trouble remembering to tie their shoes or close their barn door getting dressed each day.

Re: Stupid Yogurt Bint:

I think I could tolerate that one if she didn't get that stupid look on her face at the end.

To me her expression at the end is "I'm too pretty to get in trouble for doing this".

ITA with both of y'all - the ad goes from crappy to horrifyingly skeevy the moment Yogurt Bint slucks down the last drop in the yogurt container. She then proceeds to scan for security glance around the department with her vapid 'Come hither' bedroom eyes. At the same time, she's licking her chops and entertains grosses out viewers when she uses the tip of her tongue to get a blob of creamy white stuff out of the corner of her mouth :yikes: :scream:. Her overbite doesn't much help the image, either :slinkaway

It would have been a big improvement if she'd let that thing drop, swing her head back and give a look that says "yeah--and you want that too, but it ain't gonna happen!" and stroll on off.

:lol: I like that a lot more than what their advertising/marketing department came up with. Better yet, why couldn't they have had a grown man scarfing down a thing of yogurt in the same manner? ;)

- Unpopular opinion - I'm not at all bothered or irritated by Flo, the Progressive chick. Between Flo and the Glah-Day bitch, I'll take the former any day of the week. Flo may be OTT, but she doesn't come across as a social-climbing, pretentious snot.

- As of late, I haven't seen any E-Surance ads featuring Erin (the obnoxious, faux Kim-Possible cartoon), which is a good thing in my book. Those "ads" are :blah: :wall: :rolleyes: - nothing more than D-films for whiny indie-hipster bands with the actual ad superimposed on it. I suppose the purpose of that is to 'prove' to the viewers that they're a young, with-it agency rather than some old fart sporting a short-sleeved oxford cloth shirt with a pen protector and fugly polyester Sansabelt slacks :yikes: .

- Special K didn't disappoint this year with yet another one of their insipid ads about women getting fat over the holidays :rolleyes: . This year's offering has a mommy and her DD cutting out snowflakes at the kid's activity table (w/ Winter Wonderland as background music). When the phone rings, mommy stands up to go answer it, only to discover her 'fat ass' (not) has gotten so big that the chair gets up with her :mad: . Never mind, of course, that those chairs are designed for kids no older than 6, so most adults are going to get their butts stuck if they plunk themselves into one.

- Megan Mullaly hawking 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' while simultaneously singing an atrocious rendition of 'Turn the Beat Around.' :yikes: . Karen Walker would flog her repeatedly for sinking to such a low level.

- Ads for any (of which there are MANY) volumes of the Kidz Bop CDs :scream: . The shit-tastic singing of the little twerps, the cutesy music re-arrangement, and the ridiculously sanitized (to the point of making no sense) lyrics are like the Bermuda Triangle of Madison Avenue.

- The girls in the Pilsbury Toaster Strudel ad - their reactions/expressions after tasting the soggy dough with sugar syrup filling 'pastry' (using the term loosely here) are not cute or endearing in the least. The eye-rolling and ecstatic noises they do and make seem more like two tweens in the throes of orgasms :yikes: :scream: .

Ugh. Now I'm completely skeeved out from thinking about that last one.

suep1963
01-11-2010, 05:39 AM
- Unpopular opinion - I'm not at all bothered or irritated by Flo, the Progressive chick. Between Flo and the Glah-Day bitch, I'll take the former any day of the week. Flo may be OTT, but she doesn't come across as a social-climbing, pretentious snot.

- As of late, I haven't seen any E-Surance ads featuring Erin (the obnoxious, faux Kim-Possible cartoon), which is a good thing in my book. Those "ads" are :blah: :wall: :rolleyes: - nothing more than D-films for whiny indie-hipster bands with the actual ad superimposed on it. I suppose the purpose of that is to 'prove' to the viewers that they're a young, with-it agency rather than some old fart sporting a short-sleeved oxford cloth shirt with a pen protector and fugly polyester Sansabelt slacks :yikes: .

I still like Flo too. She's like a cute puppy you don't want to see anyone kick.

Don't look now, but there is a new E-Surance that I've seen several times this week. She is able to give a construction worker a jackhammer (because pounding the pavement with a baseball bat doesn't do the job) smart enough to realize the painter needs a paint brush--and it just gets better!

Oh--and somewhere up above, someone mentioned Yaz. Well, I just saw one tonight for some law firm asking for people who've had medicial complications from taking Yaz (and several other brands) to contact them. We may not be seeing the gals hanging out on the rooftop discussing their birth control in the future.

skaternum
01-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Here's one I despise. I can't remember the product (effective ad, huh?), but it's a woman talking about her date with the guy who was going to be Mr. Right. She talks about how awesome he was and actually comments on how he was "bringing it." He, of course, is seriously average to below-average and not worth all that fuss. But her <insert whatever condition the product treats> was acting up and she wasn't "on." Boo hoo. So she took <insert product> and "landed husband number 2." It's just AWFUL! Because God knows that only reason for a single woman to take medication is to land a husband.

emason
01-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I'd like the stupid Beggin Strips commercial to go away - that overactive dog (with the annoying voiceover) who thinks he's getting bacon to eat - pulleze!

Disclaimer: I am not a dog person; I come from a cat lovers family.

Cyn
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
I'd like the stupid Beggin Strips commercial to go away - that overactive dog (with the annoying voiceover) who thinks he's getting bacon to eat - pulleze!

Disclaimer: I am not a dog person; I come from a cat lovers family.

Doesn't Gilbert Godfried provide the 'voice' of the dog in the Beggin' Strips commercial? If so, that probably explains why it's so annoying :rofl: .

Rex
01-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I still like Flo too. She's like a cute puppy you don't want to see anyone kick.

Well then I officially hate cute puppies...

Lucy25
01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
The Progressive woman must be testing well in many markets, or else how could she have been on for so long? It's been years that I have been hating her. I can't figure it out. Finally saw the one with the post office and the clown that the family wants to return. I am scared to death of clowns, but for some reason, this cracked me up!

Cheylana
01-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I hate the (new?) Hefty commercial:

stinky stinky stinky stinky
HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY!

So annoying!!!

Civic
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Any and all commercials for "male enhancement" aids.