PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PrincessLeppard
01-06-2010, 07:09 PM
I think it's a Smirnov Ice ad, but I'm not sure. But the whole gist of the commercial was "I can't believe I was there," as if any party featuring the aforementioned drink (possibly) will be so cool as to go down in history as one of the most awesome parties ever.

There have been a few times in my life where "I can't believe I was there" happened, but none of them involved an alcoholic beverage. :)

skatingfan5
01-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I think it's a Smirnov Ice ad, but I'm not sure. But the whole gist of the commercial was "I can't believe I was there," as if any party featuring the aforementioned drink (possibly) will be so cool as to go down in history as one of the most awesome parties ever.

There have been a few times in my life where "I can't believe I was there" happened, but none of them involved an alcoholic beverage. :)Perhaps the subtext of the booze ad is "I can't believe I was there ... because I can't remember a single thing about it." :slinkaway

Cheylana
01-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Also the Kit Kat commercial where I'm forced to listen to all these people break apart and crunch on their Kit Kat bars and moan. Nails on a chalkboard for me!

skatemomaz
01-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Also the Kit Kat commercial where I'm forced to listen to all these people break apart and crunch on their Kit Kat bars and moan. Nails on a chalkboard for me!

That and the ones for Twix bars, Vlasic pickles and Pace Picante sauce. I'm really not into listening to people eat as loudly as possible. :blah:

bobalina77
01-06-2010, 08:59 PM
I like the Ikea commercials where they talk about how their stuff stops couples from having fights because things are more organized.. they crack me up.

The Snuggie ones make me laugh for an entirely different reason.

Boyfriend likes one that I haven't seen yet.. something about a Doctor who is all bummed because he's working Christmas Eve so he can't go have his family dinner and then when he walks in his door his whole family is there with dinner ready? I have no idea what it's for but apparently he gets all choked up whenever it's played. He's a little sentimental like that :)

I can't think of any off the top of my head that I hate at the moment.

Rob
01-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Re Internet Ads, I hate the photo of the bearded long-haired man that pops up on every insurance or mortgage ad from lowermybills.com, which seems to advertise everywhere on the internet.

suep1963
01-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Burger King

Has anyone mentioned those yet? That plastic faced Burger King guy is just ICK!

John 3 17
01-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Any ad that has a cat screeching in it. A few months ago there was a plethora of these. Vlasic was one... after the person crunches their pickle, the cat screams. As a cat-lover, I HATE those! It's just mean, plus no cat I've ever known does that when they're scared anyway (not to mention that Vlasic pickles do *not* crunch; they are so ickily soft).

Any ad that has ambulance/siren noises. Brinks home security are the worst for that plus they use really bad scare tactics. I hate those. There's another one that uses a siren that I can't remember (how effective are they when all you can remember is to change the channel and not the product?).

"I never paid a penny out of pocket" lady from the scooter ad... nails on a chalkboard!

-Bridget

skatingfan5
01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Burger King

Has anyone mentioned those yet? That plastic faced Burger King guy is just ICK!That Burger King with the enormous head is just about the creepiest ad around. :yikes: Unless it's the creepy/funny one from the USPS with the eville klown doll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKGKB5bc9DU) -- that one is both :scream: (for that demented doll) and :rofl: for the mail carrier and family's reactions. :lol:

suep1963
01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Any ad that has a cat screeching in it. A few months ago there was a plethora of these. Vlasic was one... after the person crunches their pickle, the cat screams.

Yes to those Vlasic ones--any of them. That pickle sound is really loud and strange. Never heard a pickle make a noise like that. And it happens so suddenly in the begining of the commercial that you miss what is suppose to be going on so it just one big confused mess of an ad. And someone got paid big money for that idiotic idea.

AYS
01-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Re Internet Ads, I hate the photo of the bearded long-haired man that pops up on every insurance or mortgage ad from lowermybills.com, which seems to advertise everywhere on the internet.
Yeah, creepy...

Has anyone mentioned those yet? That plastic faced Burger King guy is just ICK!
And creepier!
This must be the same agency that came up with a lawn ornament to advertise Travelocity...

ArtisticFan
01-06-2010, 10:16 PM
That Burger King with the enormous head is just about the creepiest ad around. :yikes: Unless it's the creepy/funny one from the USPS with the eville klown doll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKGKB5bc9DU) -- that one is both :scream: (for that demented doll) and :rofl: for the mail carrier and family's reactions. :lol:

My husband loves that clown. He cracks up each time.

The Burger King ones are freaky. Stalker King.

Cheylana
01-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Vlasic was one... after the person crunches their pickle, the cat screams. As a cat-lover, I HATE those!
I hate that commercial too, it always startles me when the commercial essentially begins with a cat scream.

(Conversely I love the commercials where the cats sing "meow meow meow meow" :) )

suep1963
01-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Room service....(which is in response to the travel gnome)

Although I do like the Orbitz one, where the guy comes in on that hover craft to give them a rebate check. Especially the one where the valet is trying to park it.

And I forgot to add in a BIG HUGE AAAAUUUGH for the Brinks that Bridget mentioned above. Or any of the home security ones. The scare tatics are bad, the reactions from all involved are bad. And seriously--if the ex boyfriend was breaking in to harm her, no siren is going to make him run away.

skatingfan5
01-06-2010, 10:25 PM
This must be the same agency that came up with a lawn ornament to advertise Travelocity...Aw, I think the Travelocity garden gnome ads are funny, not creepy. The Burger King, on the other hand, really IS creepy. Artistic Fan nailed it: STALKER KING. :scream: