PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

numbers123
01-05-2010, 01:16 AM
It hadn't even occurred to me to categorize the two girls like that. I was thinking the other day, maybe they cast the dark-haired girl that way because she was the better actress; I love the look she gives him. I guess it shows how oblivious I am sometimes.

Maybe I am seeing too much - but if this middle class midwestern caucasian middle age woman wonders about it, I wonder who else views it that way. :wideeyes:

ISk8OldSchool
01-05-2010, 01:16 AM
http://forums.commercialsihate.com/ :rollin:

Wiery
01-05-2010, 01:23 AM
:wall:
Folgers Xmas commercial where homely sister is 5 seconds from making out with her somewhat less homely brother who just got back from Africa before their parents break it up

OMG!!! sssssoooooooo agree with you!! That commercial is utterly cringeworthy!! Do the Folgers people not see the innuendo seething thru that commercial that I do (and that you do too)?! If I drank coffee (which I don't) I would swear off Folgers forever because of that commercial. :lol: Its totally creepy!!

I just watched this on utube......CRINGE! :yikes: Of course, if that guy was my step-brother or first cousin....just sayin' :shuffle:

grimey
01-05-2010, 01:33 AM
the Musenix(sp?) commerical with all the green cartoony Mucus things are really annoying.

and I am sure the "Slap Chop" has been mentioned in the past.

michiruwater
01-05-2010, 02:27 AM
I just watched this on utube......CRINGE! :yikes: Of course, if that guy was my step-brother or first cousin....just sayin' :shuffle:

OMG, so there. This came on the other day and the WTF??? look on my sister's face was hilarious. I don't know how anyone watched that and thought it was anything other than creepy.

zhenya271
01-05-2010, 03:33 AM
I HATE the Hillshire Farms commercials!:blah:

Jubak
01-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Jamie Lee Curtis lost all her cred to me when she started shilling Activia. I detest all those commercials. I dont' care who has bowel problems.

I wonder if those commercials with the kids are filmed spontaneously. They really look it. The reactions are too pure for children that age.

Rex
01-05-2010, 12:18 PM
I HATE the Hillshire Farms commercials!:blah:

You say HILLSHIRE! I say FARMS! Goooooooooooooooooooooooo MEAT!!!

I know, it's annoying! :D

skaternum
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
You say HILLSHIRE! I say FARMS! Goooooooooooooooooooooooo MEAT!!!

I know, it's annoying! :D

I like those commercials. :slinkaway

Grannyfan
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I hate the weight-loss commerical where the woman whose name I can't remember catches a football tossed from approximately 2 feet away--maybe less--and says, "Now, how many girls can do that

hydro
01-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Any of the Kay Jewelry ads. totally cheesetastic.

I agree, they might as well have a slogan that says "Diamonds get you laid"

Rex
01-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I like those commercials. :slinkaway

Well, annoying as they are, they are marginally better than those Encore TV dinner commercials with Richard Kind. Hey Richie, you are one of George Clooney's best buds - can't he get you work somewhere??

my little pony
01-05-2010, 07:35 PM
how come in the Ricola ads, the yodeler says it REE co la and then some nasal flat voiced American says it, ri COL a in the same ad?

skatingfan5
01-05-2010, 07:49 PM
It hadn't even occurred to me to categorize the two girls like that. I was thinking the other day, maybe they cast the dark-haired girl that way because she was the better actress; I love the look she gives him. I guess it shows how oblivious I am sometimes.

Maybe I am seeing too much - but if this middle class midwestern caucasian middle age woman wonders about it, I wonder who else views it that way. :wideeyes:I never saw it that way either -- and I'm a mcmcmaw, too. Just call me clueless, I guess (or mcmcmaw) :lol: Seriously, though, I've just focussed on what a nasty trick the bait-and-switch is -- and my mother gets all :wuzrobbed about the "poor little kids that mean man tricks" as if they weren't all acting. I guess I'm rather hard-hearted as well (although I do have to change the channel or at least look away when the Sarah McLachlan humane society commercial comes on lest I suffer massive guilt for not sending 50% of my take-home pay to them).

Aceon6
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Count me among the ASPCA and Child Fund avoiders. I just love the part when the ASPCE tells you you'll get a photo of a pet in a shelter, as if that's something I'd want.

Hate the cavemen, kinda like the gecko.

I did a lot of coursework in marketing and have some professional experience from earlier in my career. I love looking at the ad blocks then letting my husband know the core demographic of the show we're watching. FWIW, news is white people over age 50, so that's where all the phama commercials go.