PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

michiruwater
01-04-2010, 07:23 PM
I agree with most of these. I like the Geico gecko. Totally loathe the stupid cavemen though.

I also hate the Sarah McLachlan dog commercial... mostly cause I hate the song "Angel", though, to be perfectly honest.

libby
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
That commercial with the woman who played Jackie on "Roseanne" about the little boy who has nothing in Africa or something. I'm sorry, I know its for charity, but her whining tone and near tears voice just CRINGE on me to no end. I can't even stand to watch that commercial AT ALL anymore and grab the remote and flip until that commercial is over.

Oh, thank God I'm not the only one. I feel so guilty whenever that commercial comes on because it creeps me out so much I have to change the channel. I know it's for a good charity and the kids really are very needy, but that overly weepy voice just comes across as so cloyingly manipulative that it absolutely makes my skin crawl.

I also hate the one for some constipation pill (I forget which one) where the woman is sitting with her mother and chirps "My mom helped me! She helped me with my problem!" and then acts all appalled when her mother says that she recommended a pill for constipation because "that's what moms do".

PrincessLeppard
01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Every time an ASPCA commercial comes on, I have to either leave the room or change the channel. They really bother me. I guess that's the point, but still ... making me feel like sh** isn't going to to get me to give you money. It's going to make me avoid you.

It got me to give them money....$18 a month. But I've always supported animal charities. :)

There was some life insurance commercial, and the guy was like, "I'll do it tomorrow," and the woman says, "But what if something happens to you? What'll happen to me and the kids?" And everytime, I scream at the TV and say, "You'll get an effing job, that's what'll happen, like millions of other women have had to do." Gah. I hate helpless women.

Rob
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
I am sick of the ATT rollover minutes family too.

Rex
01-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I also hate the Comcast vs. Verizon one with the big red-headed actor in it!!! Once again, beating a dead horse! He has hosted a show on AMC, and I like him less and less every time I see him.

mkats
01-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Here in the NYC area they have a jewelry store named "Jerrods" and they run "he went to Jerrod's" commercials that are so, well, materialistic & like every woman is waiting for the man to buy her a ring. Detest them, especially the one where the GPS system holds they guy hostage for a necklace.

We get that in VA too, but I think it's Jared's :P

skatemomaz
01-04-2010, 08:01 PM

I think the ad is nationwide because I see it in Arizona all.the.time. Annoys me no end.

numbers123
01-04-2010, 08:05 PM
The one I don't know if I despise or like is the smarmy guy taunting little kids, giving the homely child the toy pony & the pretty blond a real one

I hate this commercial because it similar to what society seems to think is ok, pretty wins out everytime. Plus, I can't determine if the one girl is of a different ethnic background and that totally disturbs me as to the message sent.

Here in the NYC area they have a jewelry store named "Jerrods" and they run "he went to Jerrod's" commercials that are so, well, materialistic & like every woman is waiting for the man to buy her a ring. Detest them, especially the one where the GPS system holds they guy hostage for a necklace.

He went to Jared's. He.went.to.Jared's. So big frickin' deal.

Spareoom
01-04-2010, 09:07 PM
What do y'all think about this commercial? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

KikiSashaFan
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I hate the one for the Dr. Scholls (sp?) skin tag removal kit. It just grosses me out for some reason.

icecat
01-04-2010, 09:33 PM
There are 2 commercials about "encouragement" on the air...one I enjoy, one I can't stand. I like the one with the little boy taking the stage at the concert, and playing Chopsticks. The pianist comes out and plays accompaniment as the boy continues..they both bow and it says "Encouragement, pass it on."
The one I don't like is the mom trying her less than coordinated son in every sport imaginable only to have him fail horribly and finally he is on stage singing a solo as a now satisfied that he is competant mom looks on and smiles...like she actually accomplished something...grrrrr.

skaternum
01-04-2010, 10:10 PM
He went to Jared's. He.went.to.Jared's. So big frickin' deal.

Yeah, seriously. If he had any real class, he wouldn't be buying your engagement ring in a strip mall. :blah:

Rob
01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
My cat lost her collar outside one day. My husband found it and when I saw it was back on her, I said "hey, where did you find that?" He said "I went to Jared's." :lol:

mpal2
01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
What do y'all think about this commercial? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs

:yikes:

AYS
01-05-2010, 12:44 AM
I hate this commercial because it similar to what society seems to think is ok, pretty wins out everytime. Plus, I can't determine if the one girl is of a different ethnic background and that totally disturbs me as to the message sent.
It hadn't even occurred to me to categorize the two girls like that. I was thinking the other day, maybe they cast the dark-haired girl that way because she was the better actress; I love the look she gives him. I guess it shows how oblivious I am sometimes.