PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

skatemomaz
01-04-2010, 06:25 AM
I can't stand the ones for Olay, the woman's voice is so smug and annoying.

I have to say I loved the Target ad over Christmas that featured a family on Christmas morning, dad on his knees behind the TV adjusting wires, while one son is has the video camera trained in close up of the dad's butt. Dad keeps asking if it is working yet while the son keeps saying no, meanwhile the rest of the family is in hysterics in the background. :rofl:

oleada
01-04-2010, 06:28 AM
I would be so happy if I never had to see the stupid Progressive ads with that annoying lady ever again.

Holley Calmes
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I would be so happy if I never had to see the stupid Progressive ads with that annoying lady ever again.

Is that the chirpy little burnette? Gad, she gets on my last nerve.

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the "Messin' with Sashquach" commercials. Pure 12 year old boy mentality, but I giggle every time. There's just something about watching a 7 foot tall Chewbacca opening a shook-up can of cola......

laurenjm
01-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Every commercial has a "victim" mentality to them, whiney pissy my underwear is in a bunch about something crap! Pathetic!

Thats why we record and fast forward through ALL commercials and I usually get up and do something if I watch "live" TV.

Sassafras
01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Progressive , Restasis (I wish the real life doctor would wash her hair - it looks greasy), Empire carpets (hate the guy's voice)

Rex
01-04-2010, 02:34 PM
I hate to say it, but the Sarah McLachlan commercials about the dogs. It makes me feel manipulated and played.

The Colonial Penn Insurance commercials with those boring old women. "Honey, it costs just as much to bury a woman as it does a MAN!".

Flo the Progressive Insurance lady - she should be tied to a pole so birds can peck at her liver. I think I mention her in every commercial snark thread, but they keep getting worse and worse. The first one or two were cute, now they are just obnoxious.

The one for the fried chicken restaurant, with the woman talking all stereotypical about how it is "her" chicken and how good it is...is it Church's or Popeye's? I hate both of their fried chicken anyway - the skin is gross and oily.

The Lexus holiday commercials; I find them blatantly materialistic and snobbish!

Any of the drug commercials that list all of the nasty side effects, including cancer and/or death!

skaternum
01-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh, I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my hatred of some of these. I just despise the Restasis chick -- that flat, greasy-looking hair and the weird eyes. Who thought that hiring her for that commercial was a good idea?? And the Folgers commercial. I thought I was the only one who found it creepy. Also hate the "too heavy, too light" beer commercials. They're just stupid. Every time an ASPCA commercial comes on, I have to either leave the room or change the channel. They really bother me. I guess that's the point, but still ... making me feel like sh** isn't going to to get me to give you money. It's going to make me avoid you.

Lizziebeth
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
Progressive , Restasis (I wish the real life doctor would wash her hair - it looks greasy), Empire carpets (hate the guy's voice)

Empire Carpet guy sounds like a lounge lizzard!

AYS
01-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I love the Geico gecko :shuffle: , but agree that all of their other ads are horrendous...

I know what you mean about the Empire carpets guy's voice...it is smarmarific *cringe*.

Agree also, the ASPCA commercials are awful... :( I turn to another station whenever they come on, which I don't think is the general intention of a commercial.

The beer commercial (Miller?) touting "drinkability". :huh:

numbers123
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
OK - the Catholic Charities commercials are equal to the Geiko ones, except they are trying to tell me that my soul needs saving and it can only be saved through the catholic church. as they ARE the church Christ founded.

GMAFB

skatemomaz
01-04-2010, 05:27 PM
I second the Folgers ads, but for all out creepy the Halls Refresh ad where the college boy offers his roommate's mother a lozenge and the two end up moaning and making eyes at each other. It's repulsive and creepy as all get out. :yikes:

piano18
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
The blonde woman with the plastic smile and fake twinkling eyes with the squarish-triangular face selling life insurance or whatever insurance to seniors pretending like she's actually making a difference to the person on the other end

mkats
01-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Heh my basketball game wasn't televised earlier this year so I had to listen to it on the radio. Worst commercial I heard was done by CINDERELLA (it started with the same Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo from the movie and continued with Cinderella's voice). What did you think she was advertising? Shoes? pumpkins? No, Cinderella was advertising CAR SEATS. After a long lecture about the importance of putting your kid in a car seat, Cinderella followed up with "put your kid in a car seat and he/she can ALSO LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!"

OK I get the importance of keeping your kid in a car seat when he/she is little, bu WTF.

Rob
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
On the other hand, I LOVE this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56F4EKN9hg
I love that one too - it's so clever and of course, the music is divine.

I cannot watch the ASPCA commericials. And I hate the Geico commercials all except the lizard one with the "temp."

Jubak
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
All of these, ITA, and love the description of killing Flo by having birds peck at her - funny.

The one I don't know if I despise or like is the smarmy guy taunting little kids, giving the homely child the toy pony & the pretty blond a real one; holding the little red haired girl hostage to cycling in a rectangle the size of a bike; taking away the little boy's truck & replacing it with the cardboard one. I don't even know what they are trying to sell. Their both sad & sweet, yet annoying on the 10 viewing.

Here in the NYC area they have a jewelry store named "Jerrods" and they run "he went to Jerrod's" commercials that are so, well, materialistic & like every woman is waiting for the man to buy her a ring. Detest them, especially the one where the GPS system holds they guy hostage for a necklace.