PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18

falling_dance
05-21-2010, 08:50 PM
The Pet Trainer (http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Trainer-Humane-Training-System/dp/B000RTN3JE) commercial leaves me unconvinced that it's a good product. :scream:

Lionhart
05-24-2010, 06:45 PM
That Church's Chicken commercial with that DJ screaming, "BREASTS! WINGS! LEGS! AND THIGHS!" That is soooo ridiculous! Like a DJ would really play that at a club. And those people dancing to that remix?? ohh i could die!!

Rex
05-25-2010, 05:43 PM
I don't like the woman who does the Popeye's "Louisiana" style chicken commercials. Her voice is shrill and her accent is annoyingly stereotypical.

I also dislike the Direct TV commercial where the installer tells the couple that they can watch anything, even "ice-dancing", and the husband goes, "yayyyy!" then says, "oh that was weird, where'd that come from?". :rolleyes:

Cyn
05-25-2010, 11:39 PM
The latest ones getting on my nerves are two ads for Gillette (??? It's for a brand of razor) that has a trimmer on the other in of the actual blades. Both have a woman (one in a mini sundress, the other in athletic gear) walking/running, and as she passes various topiary shrubs, they magically prune themselves into neat, tidy, geometric shapes, including triangles.

Subliminal much? They might as have a neon sign with the idiot Staples guy shrieking "TRIM THAT BUSH, BITCH!!"

:wall:

danceronice
05-26-2010, 12:30 AM
The Dodge Caravan commercials with the cat, mouse, and dog commercials, or the odd collection of military/secret service types in the desert looking for an ER. Seriously, WHAT?

emason
05-26-2010, 02:39 AM
The Staples' WOW THAT"S A REALLY LOW PRICE screaming ads need to be banished to advertising Hell ASAP.

Rex
05-26-2010, 02:41 AM
The Staples' WOW THAT"S A REALLY LOW PRICE screaming ads need to be banished to advertising Hell ASAP.

I KNOWWWWW!!

Cyn
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM

I KNOWWWWW!!

I posted about that one upthread - it was annoying as fcuk-all the first time I saw it, and it gets worse each time I'm subjected to it (which on some channels, unfortunately, is two or three times an hour :yikes: :scream: ).

The genius that came up with that one needs to be canned immediately. All it has done is convince me to take my business elsewhere. Like the annoying as hell crunching, smacking Kit-Kat ad, I absolutely refuse to give them one dime of my business until those ads are long gone. After this ad, hell, I'd go to Wal-Mart for office/school supplies before going to Staples.

Another commercial snark, one that has applied to several different commercials over the years, but right now is for (I think) Nutri-Grain, is any commercial that has a friggin' ALARM CLOCK beeping loudly. There have been too many times, especially when I've been sick, that I've been trying to catch a snooze during the day, trying to rest so I have some energy, only to have one of those damn things come on the TV and wake me up. :mad: :mad: :mad: .

shan
05-27-2010, 01:53 AM
I hate that yoplait campaign with the lady on the phone raving about losing weight while eating boston cream pie and other desserts. Her voice annoys the fool out of me and the husband searching through the fridge for the desserts that are really yogurt is equally annoying....

PDilemma
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
I hate the 1-800-Contacts melodramatic commercials. Incredibly stupid. And, actually, they really DO NOT have my brand. So there.

REO
05-30-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm with snoopysnake. The Charmin asswipe bears make me crazy. Even though it's a cartoon, I do not want to see someone with toilet paper stuck to their butt. My biggest peeve though is the phrase "Enjoy the go." What anal retentive Madison Avenue idiot thought that one up? Gag.

LilJen
05-30-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm reviving this--I haven't minded the Activia commercials, but this new round of them! :scream:

"We've asked real people to video their two week Activia challenge"

:scream:

Ugh. who wants to talk to the world about how "regular" they are or are not? I feel sorry for Jamie Lee Curtis (is this what her career has come to?).

taf2002
05-30-2010, 02:03 AM
The ad I love more than any other right now is the Friskies Adventureland, where kitty goes through the cat door into kitty wonderland and then home again. I especially love the little boat the cat climbs aboard.

I have enough trouble with insomnia...the other night I was awake until about 4:30a with that stupid jingle in my head.

The Activia & the Colon Lady ads are just disgusting & I agree, TMI.

What I will never understand is the drug ads...if you have a condition & you don't trust your doctor to choose the best medicine for the job, I think you should find another doctor, not get your drug advice from TV ads.

numbers123
05-30-2010, 02:10 AM
plus all those drug ads include the warnings of:
should you experience sudden difficulty in breathing it may be caused by a potential fatal allergic reaction and you should notify your healthcare professional as soon as possible. And all the other dire warnings of impending doom. Your doctor and pharmacist should tell you the risks of taking the medications.

Over advertising of movies - such as Letters to Juilet, SATC2, any Adam Sandler movie, etc. should indicate that the producers are afraid of the movie's success and need to advertise the hell out of it.

Spareoom
05-30-2010, 04:38 AM
The latest ones getting on my nerves are two ads for Gillette (??? It's for a brand of razor) that has a trimmer on the other in of the actual blades. Both have a woman (one in a mini sundress, the other in athletic gear) walking/running, and as she passes various topiary shrubs, they magically prune themselves into neat, tidy, geometric shapes, including triangles.

Subliminal much? They might as have a neon sign with the idiot Staples guy shrieking "TRIM THAT BUSH, ***!!"

:wall:

Apparently you've never seen this ad, then. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9JZWpZS6-g

I'm sorry.