PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18

suep1963
01-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Makes me wonder how the doctors are handling it.

skaternum
01-21-2010, 01:07 PM
^^ Like every other drug that an uninformed patient demands after seeing a big marketing campaign -- they'll make a half-hearted effort to tell them they don't need it, then ultimately prescribe it anyway to keep the whiny patient happy.

BigB08822
04-26-2010, 04:27 AM
I have been seeing this commercial for a pregnancy test. The commercial says you should use theirs because it is easier to read. To prove their point they show the result of a study that says "1 in 4 women can mis read a standard pregnancy test." Oh, really!? In actuality, every single human being CAN mis read a test because as humans we are not perfect. Ugh, how stupid, did no one catch this or they just didn't care?

escaflowne9282
04-26-2010, 05:35 AM
I hate the Raid commercials where they actually seem to be having a bug killing race.

On the flip side I saw this commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpypeLL1dAs
for the first time a few days ago and I totally lost my sh*t. I am a guy , so that makes it a bit weird :lol:

paskatefan
04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
A local one (Phila., PA) from Forman Mills (a clothing store that has a lot of items very reasonably priced, not necessarily the best quality?). What gets me about the ads is that the announcer screams out at you several times, "Forman Mills!" :wall:

Simone411
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Someone made an extended dance mix version of this commercial ... enjoy. :scream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM_znsNfhmU

Lorac
04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
I totally hate those VW ads where one person punches another when they see a VW of a certain colour - it just grates on me and has made me certain never to buy a VW!!

my little pony
04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
A local one (Phila., PA) from Forman Mills (a clothing store that has a lot of items very reasonably priced, not necessarily the best quality?). What gets me about the ads is that the announcer screams out at you several times, "Forman Mills!" :wall:

I hate those! Especially because it seems like I only see it in the early AM or late at night

Rob
04-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond and they were selling a toy stuffed fish that sings the McDonalds "give me back that filet of fish, give me that fish" jingle. I asked the cashier if people actually buy it and she said you'd be surprised how many. She also said she was stuck on the register next to the display all day and was going insane hearing it play over and over.

genevieve
04-26-2010, 03:58 PM
I have been seeing this commercial for a pregnancy test. The commercial says you should use theirs because it is easier to read. To prove their point they show the result of a study that says "1 in 4 women can mis read a standard pregnancy test." Oh, really!? In actuality, every single human being CAN mis read a test because as humans we are not perfect.
I hate that one too...but for a different reason. Aren't the results of most home pregnancy tests that the stick either turns blue or it doesn't? That's pretty hard to mis-read. Seems like the problem is that the tests must not turn all the way blue or something, forcing the taker to interpret results. So the problem is with the product, not the person :rolleyes: The message I got from the ad is "if we make women feel incredibly stupid, they will think they NEED our product!" Sadly, it probably works.

Recently I've seen an ad for Excedrin migraine relief from over 5 years ago (maybe even 10) in heavy rotation again. It has a tight screen on the actress used, and I remember the first time it was used she did a guest stint on some show I was watching at the time, which is always amusing. I decided to look it up, and it turns out to be Elisabeth Moss from Mad Men! I don't watch that show but I've seen cast photos - she looks really different now.

skatingfan5
04-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Glad somebody resurrected this thread so that I can state how much I hate, Hate, HATE, HATE those Brawny paper towel commercials with the singing "Brawny guy" on the wrapper. Not only does the voice over not fit his face, I can't stand his looks! :lynch: to whoever approved this commercial.

Veronika
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM
I totally hate those VW ads where one person punches another when they see a VW of a certain colour - it just grates on me and has made me certain never to buy a VW!!

I really don't like those ads either.

Luckily, I don't watch a lot of ads, since I watch most shows on my DVR. Thank goodness for technology!

Bostonfan
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
I haven't read the thread yet, so this one may have been mentioned already. I don't even know the product, but it's the one where the husband and wife come into the kitchen to praise the appliances for their work, tells them to get a good night sleep, and ends with the husband chest bumping the fridge. It's annoying on so many levels that it actually puts me in a bad move.

Veronika
04-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I think that's an IKEA ad...and yes, it's dumb.

Lucy25
04-26-2010, 06:57 PM
I haven't read the thread yet, so this one may have been mentioned already. I don't even know the product, but it's the one where the husband and wife come into the kitchen to praise the appliances for their work, tells them to get a good night sleep, and ends with the husband chest bumping the fridge. It's annoying on so many levels that it actually puts me in a bad move.
I love that commercial!:lol: It's for Ikea.