PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you hate...round whatever

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

PrincessLeppard
01-14-2010, 01:35 AM
This is a local one, but our Senator always talks about how he only votes in the Senate if "it's good for Nebraska." Um, dude, you're a UNITED STATES SENATOR, you need to do what's right for the whole country.

Of course, this is the twit who took the money from other states to pay for our social security costs. Which is good for Nebraska. Screw the rest of you guys, apparently....

I didn't want to vote for him! But the Republican made Hitler look soft on social issues...

numbers123
01-14-2010, 01:44 AM
I really really dislike the Catholicscomehome.org or whatever it is.

I was never a Catholic, I do not need to return to the catholic church, I don't care if you do.

cruisin
01-14-2010, 02:26 PM
I really really dislike the Catholicscomehome.org or whatever it is.

I was never a Catholic, I do not need to return to the catholic church, I don't care if you do.

I don't like any of the religion commercials. I just think it's weird for any religion to advertise.

Rex
01-14-2010, 02:54 PM
The commercials that advertise the trinkets with the Lord's Prayer on them are annoying. Thank God they usually come on when I am in bed.

Sometimes Telemundo and Univision show these commercials about "blessed" jewelry that can bring luck, money and success to your life if you buy the necklace and pray. My Spanish isn't as good as it could be, so I don't understand it all, but they have testemonials and everything :rolleyes:.

libby
01-14-2010, 04:35 PM
The Purex Laundry Sheet one, where the woman says "I'd take a one percent improvement to my day, but this makes my life a thousand times better!"

Seriously, how completely crappy would someone's life have to be that a combined detergent/dryer sheet could improve it "a thousand times"?

John 3 17
01-14-2010, 10:17 PM
I found one I *do* like. It's for prescription glasses (don't remember which) and it shows a lady outside calling her "cat" in, and in comes a cute raccoon! The lady calls her "mommy's girl" or words to that effect. The voiceover then says something about needing glasses :lol: At the end of the ad, the raccoon is all snuggled up at the end of her bed. I think it's just precious! Part of me worried at first that the lady had a real cat at one time and doesn't realize that she's missing, but I really think that she never did have one and has been mistaken all along, lol.

-Bridget

suep1963
01-14-2010, 11:36 PM
It's actually for Sears Optical. I get a chuckle out of that one too.

BigB08822
01-14-2010, 11:40 PM
I hate all car/truck/SUV commercials. I know they are local but why does every car lot have a really annoying over the top guy who owns the joint? One guy here sounds just like Kermit the Frog and he seems to have the most commercials on air! If I could quit seeing those, I would be thrilled. Are that many people looking to lease cars anyway, most commercials advertise their leasing prices (especially the Nation wide commercials) but I would never ever lease a vehicle.

numbers123
01-14-2010, 11:42 PM
I am not certain, but think that leasing is a way to help build credit?

Cyn
01-15-2010, 12:54 AM
I hate all car/truck/SUV commercials. I know they are local but why does every car lot have a really annoying over the top guy who owns the joint? One guy here sounds just like Kermit the Frog and he seems to have the most commercials on air! If I could quit seeing those, I would be thrilled. Are that many people looking to lease cars anyway, most commercials advertise their leasing prices (especially the Nation wide commercials) but I would never ever lease a vehicle.

We have one local dealer here that insists on doing a (very poor) imitation of Larry the Cable Guy in all their ads. LtCG is annoying as hell on his own, but having someone do a crappy impression and screaming "Git Er Done!" several times in the course of 20 seconds sure wouldn't inspire anyone I know to take their business there.

libby
01-15-2010, 01:18 AM
We have a local stationery/gift shop that does these embarrassingly awful rip-offs of the openings to classic shows, starring their staff and the staff's spouses. They have done "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Charlie's Angels", as well as a cringe-inducing attempt at "Get Smart". The staff is largely made up of rather large women in their 50s-60s with absolutely no acting talent, and watching them try to portray these characters is just too painful to be funny.

shan
01-15-2010, 01:21 AM
We have car commercials with a Barney Fife lookalike.... :scream:

bobalina77
01-15-2010, 02:59 AM
The Ped-Egg ad makes me uncomfortable..

Kasey
01-15-2010, 03:22 AM
I just saw a commercial for some stupid thing to make s'mores in the microwave. I believe my gut reaction was 'oh, for fcuks sake'

suep1963
01-15-2010, 04:35 AM
We have a local car dealer that has now made two commercials in the Forest Gump mode. Not loud or OTT, but in the end, sort of annoying in their own right.