Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

zowie
12-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Jenny, they are both to blame in this.

:wideeyes:

laurenjm
12-28-2009, 05:33 PM
:wideeyes:

Yup! He for being a complete dolt and idiot and I blame her, she had to know something, his people had to be telling her something, she stayed with him.

PDilemma
12-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe she bought in, even a little bit, to the Tiger Woods is God, Ghandi, MLK, Mandela, Nicklaus, Palmer, Buddha and whatever other deity, leader or champion you'd personally like to add all rolled into one that half the world bought into so wholeheartedly.

bek
12-28-2009, 08:53 PM
According to an old SI article about Elin, Tiger refused to go to Sweden with her for their daughter's baptism claiming he had to be in Vegas for a charity event. Of course, the article then drooled over his messianic commitment to charity work, but knowing what we know now, he probably was more interested in something else in Vegas.

I'm thinking he's not up for world's greatest father anytime soon. Sounds more like he's an absentee father. On a professional level, that's a necessity, but some of his absences are clearly not professional obligations. That doesn't mean he should be removed from his children's lives entirely, but I think there's little argument for giving him custody.

And is at all realistic to think that either Tiger or Elin or anyone else ever spends a significant amount of time alone with those kids? People of their station are usually surrounded by an army of nannies and personal assistants and it is silly to think that Tiger Woods is so down to earth and what-not that they don't have that.

Reports are that Elin is a very hands on mother, who loves children.

Prancer
12-28-2009, 11:58 PM
Maybe she bought in, even a little bit, to the Tiger Woods is God, Ghandi, MLK, Mandela, Nicklaus, Palmer, Buddha and whatever other deity, leader or champion you'd personally like to add all rolled into one that half the world bought into so wholeheartedly.

Or maybe she just trusted him.

Or maybe she's been so busy being a mom that it took her a while to get suspicious.

Or or or.

I don't understand the insistence that Elin had to know or that there was something wrong with her if she didn't. Lots of married people don't know; lots of them have friends who know and don't tell; lots of them aren't suspicious because they don't think they need to be.

skatemommy
12-29-2009, 12:55 AM
ET reports tonight that Tiger is in Miami at a private house party last night with Rachel.

Lacey
12-29-2009, 03:28 AM
No, seriously? Bad, bad, bad, very bad, very bad, very bad man, no actually he's not a man, he's a moron.

Allskate
12-29-2009, 03:40 AM
ET reports tonight that Tiger is in Miami at a private house party last night with Rachel.

The PGA, the networks, and the sponsors must be so glad that he's taking time off from golf to work on his marriage.

Prancer, ITA that Elin may not have known. I've had friends who didn't know their husands were cheating. It's must easier to go undetected when hubby is out of town a lot for work and has people covering for him, and the wife is busy with young kids.

skatemommy
12-29-2009, 04:28 AM
The PGA, the networks, and the sponsors must be so glad that he's taking time off from golf to work on his marriage.

Prancer, ITA that Elin may not have known. I've had friends who didn't know their husands were cheating. It's must easier to go undetected when hubby is out of town a lot for work and has people covering for him, and the wife is busy with young kids.

Allskate, I got flamed in the last thread but the severity of Elin's reaction I have to agree that she did not know. If you had inklings you don't swing a 9 iron.

agalisgv
12-29-2009, 07:25 AM
Nothing on the PGA grapevine to indicate Elin has a problem. This appears to be an isolated incident. Frankly, I can see myself whacking him, but I would have chosen a wedge for the heavier swing weight! Just wondering if people would have the same reaction if the one swinging an iron was a man and the target was a woman. I've read many posters advise others that even the hint of a controlling attitude, much less an overt act of violence, is reason enough to leave. I don't ever recall posters advising a woman to stay in a relationship if she has been subjected to violence at the hands of her spouse--even if only once. Just seems a very different response in this case.

Squibble
12-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Just wondering if people would have the same reaction if the one swinging an iron was a man and the target was a woman. I've read many posters advise others that even the hint of a controlling attitude, much less an overt act of violence, is reason enough to leave. I don't ever recall posters advising a woman to stay in a relationship if she has been subjected to violence at the hands of her spouse--even if only once. Just seems a very different response in this case.

This is a marriage that should not be saved.

I think that anyone assaulted with a golf club by a spouse/partner needs to get out immediately. It doesn't matter what the circumstances were, whether the assailant was a man or a woman, or whether violence is likely to happen again. There's no way to rebuild the trust that is essential to the relationship. OTOH, if I were in Elin's position, I would file for divorce; she has no reason to trust him either.

I'm not sure that either spousal abuse or infidelity is -- or necessarily should be -- grounds for depriving a parent of custody of his or her children. How people treat their spouses is sometimes very different from how they treat their children. And parents often shield their children from some of the darker aspects of their behavior.

In this particular case, joint custody might be the best solution, even though joint physical custody would probably limit Tiger's ability to play in some tournaments. Divorce isn't always easy for everyone involved, nor should it be. That said, I hope both Tiger and Elin work on taming whatever inner demons led them to this point.

laurenjm
12-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Or maybe she just trusted him.

Or maybe she's been so busy being a mom that it took her a while to get suspicious.

Or or or.

I don't understand the insistence that Elin had to know or that there was something wrong with her if she didn't. Lots of married people don't know; lots of them have friends who know and don't tell; lots of them aren't suspicious because they don't think they need to be.

And this is true, Elin may not have known, however, being the suspicious person that I am and seeing things from different directions. I have to believe with the number of people that surrounded Tiger to counsel and protect him, they knew his comings and goings and I am sure that someone said something to her early on.

With that high profile of a husband its logical to conclude that she knew something within those 5 years and well before attacking him.

mrr50
12-29-2009, 02:48 PM
And this is true, Elin may not have known, however, being the suspicious person that I am and seeing things from different directions. I have to believe with the number of people that surrounded Tiger to counsel and protect him, they knew his comings and goings and I am sure that someone said something to her early on.

With that high profile of a husband its logical to conclude that she knew something within those 5 years and well before attacking him.

All those people are Tiger's people and probably have little interest in Elin. Their livelihood depends on Tiger. Keeping Elin uninformed would be the best way to keep things quiet.

Aceon6
12-29-2009, 03:50 PM
All those people are Tiger's people and probably have little interest in Elin. Their livelihood depends on Tiger. Keeping Elin uninformed would be the best way to keep things quiet.

Agree, 100%. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one or more of Woods' posse was responsible for alibis/diversions.

skatemommy
12-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Agree, 100%. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one or more of Woods' posse was responsible for alibis/diversions.

agree and hotel rooms, plane tickets, bribes, etc. Supposedly his mom was in Melbourne, too.