PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods... Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]

Wyliefan
08-25-2010, 07:26 PM
What Smiley said.

I hate how some people always find a reason to blame the injured spouse. I don't know why -- maybe it's the same reason that people blame rape victims, because if they can blame a victim then they can pretend it could never happen to them? At any rate, she does sound like a classy lady.

orbitz
08-25-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't know Elin, but I wouldn't be surprised if she would much rather have an honest, faithful, loving husband over millions of dollars.

Eh. Broken hearts will mend. Another husband can be found. But millions? Now that's hard to come by, and it can last forever, Baby ! :P

IceAlisa
08-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Eh. Broken hearts will mend. Another husband can be found. But millions? Now that's hard to come by, and it can last forever, Baby ! :P

And why should she not have the :bribe:? I see no good reason. She had been a wife to Tiger and a mother to his two kids. She is entitled to part of his money just like any spouse, especially an injured one.

But you are right, potential husbands will line up soon enough given that she is young, pretty and very wealthy.

Nekatiivi
08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
And why should she have the :bribe:? I see no good reason. She had been a wife to Tiger and a mother to his two kids. She is entitled to part of his money just like any spouse, especially an injured one.

I have been thinking about this. I think famous people pay for their ex-spouses for several reasons:

1) The spouse has helped them to create the fame and succes they have had.
2) They don't wan't the ex-spouse to tell all the dirty details to the press, especially after the other person has been the person you reveal your true feelings for years. Oh, all the dirty details I could reveal about my ex-boyfriends!
3) And sometimes, like at Elin's case, the ex-spouse has gave up a lot for you. Elin moved out of Sweden, away from her family, away from her relatively normal yet priviledged life to be whit Tiger. When that ends whit one being humiated front of the whole world... I would be asking some millons too!

IceAlisa
08-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Agreed with all of the above, plus isn't she entitled to part of his estate by law anyway? BTW, in my previous post I meant "why should she NOT have the :bribe:", sorry for the typo.

Smiley0884
08-25-2010, 11:44 PM

True :P but money/looks can't really buy love and happiness. Can it attract more people? Heck yeah, but that doesn't mean it will always attract the "right" people.

jenny12
08-26-2010, 01:06 AM
And why should she not have the :bribe:? I see no good reason. She had been a wife to Tiger and a mother to his two kids. She is entitled to part of his money just like any spouse, especially an injured one.

But you are right, potential husbands will line up soon enough given that she is young, pretty and very wealthy.

Yeah, and the settlement doesn't exactly put Tiger in the poor house. He's worth what? 600 million? He'll be more than fine.

deltask8er
08-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Woods comments during press conference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xiEr29i9No

Yes, just ask lottery winners who lost everything a few years later. Or the fact that two-thirds of professional athletes are broke a few years after making millions.

By the time they have been retired for two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.

Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/1/index.htm

(although she doesn't seem the type to squander money)

I just hope she didn't acquire any really nasty STDs from him.

Rob
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks for posting this...she seems to be handling the situation as best as she can, with tact and class.
It really bothers me when people say "don't feel sorry for her...she's just a gold digger! She has money!"

Sure she's not suffering the way that many in true poverty (and I'm sure many of the people posting on yahoo have no clue what that's like either) do, but when will people stop subscribing to the notion that money buys happiness? I don't know Elin, but I wouldn't be surprised if she would much rather have an honest, faithful, loving husband over millions of dollars.

ITA, and money can't repair a broken heart either. People shouldn't underestimate the pain that comes with infidelity.

Rex
08-26-2010, 08:28 PM
True :P but money/looks can't really buy love and happiness. Can it attract more people? Heck yeah, but that doesn't mean it will always attract the "right" people.

But what it can't buy, it can rent for a few hours.

IceAlisa
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Woods comments during press conference Shut up, Tiger. I doubt too many people are buying this very public contrition.

Dave of the North
08-27-2010, 12:15 PM
What kind of message is Tiger sending to the men of America?

-when your divorce is final, your golf game improves...:P

Octoberopals
08-31-2010, 10:09 PM
He's a douche bag!!!!

deltask8er
09-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Start spreading the, uh, ...news?

Just days after finalizing his divorce, Woods moved into a downtown Manhattan apartment during the weekend

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tiger_woods_moves_into_new_york_gmtZomDKjIEybWp87G RzzI