PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods... Thread 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Prancer
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
An important issue to consider, imo: Tiger Woods is a person of color and so are his children. I'm not saying Sweden isn't a congenial country in which to raise non-white children. I don't know one way or the other. However, being the only non-white children in their community or school could be a very isolating experience for them.

I think that if they stay in the US (MSNBC is reporting that Elin has not moved out and is not necessarily divorcing Tiger), it is very likely that that they will not be in a community or school with a lot of people of color, either.

Civic
01-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Thats a bit ridiculous because first of all 1. The kids look white. 2. Sweden DOES have non white people.
How much of a public profile does Sweden's non-white population have? Do non-white actors and newsreaders appear on Swedish television? Are non-white models ever used in advertisements? Does Sweden have any high profile musicians or pro athletes who are non-white?

Rex
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
How much of a public profile does Sweden's non-white population have? Do non-white actors and newsreaders appear on Swedish television? Are non-white models ever used in advertisements? Does Sweden have any high profile musicians or pro athletes who are non-white?

Brenda Russell, the singer/songwriter, lived in Sweden for a while and she loved it. I cannot think of anyone more un-Swedish-looking than her. Of course, she's an artist who was dealing with other artists, so maybe her experience is unique.

Aceon6
01-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Tiger's children would never have been mainstreamed in the US. I'm sure they are destined for private schools and sheltered lives. They're going to be odd ducks whether they live in the US or abroad. Even if they're the only two non-whites in all of Sweden (which they won't be), I suspect they'll be subject to less scrutiny there than here.

Jenny
01-04-2010, 07:53 PM
My worry about Sweden is that Elin's family, friends and likely the public will be strongly on her side and against Tiger. I don't think it's good for children to grow up away from a father and father's family who love them (one assumes), and in an environment that may poison their impressionable little minds against him, which could have a ton of long term negative effect on their lives.

Whatever Tiger has done, the children should not be punished for it, and the effect of this entire thing on them should be minimized - in part by continuing to offer them a loving, balanced, environment to grow up in.

Catherine M
01-04-2010, 08:49 PM
New article up at Vanity Fair (http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/02/tiger-woods-201002), basically saying the same things we've been saying here, but backed up with some quotes from an interview Tiger did when he was 21.

Good read from Vanity Fair.

Be interesting to see if Tiger ever decides to do a face to face interview in the near future. Doubt it but you never know.

laurenjm
01-04-2010, 08:53 PM
My worry about Sweden is that Elin's family, friends and likely the public will be strongly on her side and against Tiger. I don't think it's good for children to grow up away from a father and father's family who love them (one assumes), and in an environment that may poison their impressionable little minds against him, which could have a ton of long term negative effect on their lives.

Whatever Tiger has done, the children should not be punished for it, and the effect of this entire thing on them should be minimized - in part by continuing to offer them a loving, balanced, environment to grow up in.

Well they have good reason I would guess and kids suffer when parents are idiots, even one parent!

my little pony
01-05-2010, 12:53 AM
My worry about Sweden is that Elin's family, friends and likely the public will be strongly on her side and against Tiger.

celeb scandals come and go pretty quickly, and I'm sure the Swedes have other things to think about

it isnt as if they are the children of Dr Mengele

Octoberopals
01-05-2010, 01:21 AM
Tiger is really, really starting to be boring!!

Aceon6
01-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Tiger is really, really starting to be boring!!

Well, I think he'll be a topic of speculation until he comes out of hiding. No need to check this thread if you're not in the mood to snark about him.

deltask8er
01-06-2010, 01:23 AM
STILL no photo or video of him since Thanksgiving?!

...has been shacking up at the Trump Hotel at 1 Central Park West, sources confirm...

T.W. has been doing his best to keep a very low profile there, which for him, means going back and forth between hitting the bar and barricading himself in his room. Supposedly, Woods has been boozing and fraternizing with some females there.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b160491_caught_tiger_woods_hiding_out_in_nyc.html

Wyliefan
01-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Brilliant move, Tiger. All you need is a little more fraternizing. :rolleyes:

orbitz
01-06-2010, 03:50 AM
The Vanity Fair cover of Tiger is not flattering at all. He should've worn at least a wife-beater to cover up the flabby tummy area.

Ann L. will never take a picture of me unless she promise to shoot it through heavy duty gauze screen and soft-lighting, LOL.

Aceon6
01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
STILL no photo or video of him since Thanksgiving?!
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/the_awful_truth/b160491_caught_tiger_woods_hiding_out_in_nyc.html

That dude is more than superhuman! He's in Orlando, Phoenix, the Bahamas, and in NYC at the same time!

marbri
01-06-2010, 03:39 PM
It does show though that if a celebrity really wants privacy they will make it happen. Kind of puts into perspective others who claim they can't take a leak without being photographed.