http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dies-cardiac-arrest/

:eek::eek::eek:

I loved her in Clueless! :(

DaveRocks
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Wow -- so young. Very sad. :(

canadianskater
12-20-2009, 07:12 PM
She was an awesome actress... so young too!!!

Buzz
12-20-2009, 07:14 PM
A terrible loss. My thoughts go out to her family and friends. R.I.P.

chantilly
12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
I may turn out to be wrong but I'm pretty sure her death will be drug related; either pharmaceutical or recreational. I believe that's why she struggled with her career in the last few years because of drugs and alcohol.

It's funny to me because I live in Canada and I know America has much tougher recreational drug laws then we do here or they are punished to the extent of the law. But they have such a HUGE problem with pharmaceutical drug use which from what I understand are far more addictive and dangerous than a lot of recreational drugs.

I know it has to do with money etc but it's kinda sad and hypocritical to me. l

KikiSashaFan
12-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow that's so sad :( I loved her in Clueless.

Coco
12-20-2009, 07:19 PM
She was very talented and fun to watch on screen. Last I heard, she'd married a somewhat shady character. I hope this was just an accident. Such a waste...RIP.

Stormy
12-20-2009, 07:19 PM
When they said cardiac arrest, my first thought was an OD as well. That's very sad, she was so young and I liked her movies.

ETA: Not really doubting TMZ, but I can't find the story on the major news outlets, just the tabloid ones.

vesperholly
12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Drugs were the first thing that came to mind for me, too. :(

She was great in Girl, Interrupted too - I can't hear the phrase "eat-in kitchen" without thinking "eat-in chicken".

IMDB says her prom date was Jonathan Brandis.

soxxy
12-20-2009, 07:25 PM
How sad. I loved her in 'Clueless', too. RIP.

overedge
12-20-2009, 07:26 PM
It's funny to me because I live in Canada and I know America has much tougher recreational drug laws then we do here or they are punished to the extent of the law. But they have such a HUGE problem with pharmaceutical drug use which from what I understand are far more addictive and dangerous than a lot of recreational drugs.

Was this really necessary? Can't we just be sorry that the poor girl passed away?

Rex
12-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I may turn out to be wrong but I'm pretty sure her death will be drug related; either pharmaceutical or recreational. I believe that's why she struggled with her career in the last few years because of drugs and alcohol.

Sad, very sad.
I've heard rumors of her drug use for years now....wish someone had been able to reach out to her. Poor thing. What a waste.

canbelto
12-20-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm thinking drugs too. Or anorexia, considering how frighteningly thin she looked in recent years. But such a shame. She was talented and seemed like a pleasant person. :(

skatemommy
12-20-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm thinking drugs too. Or anorexia, considering how frighteningly thin she looked in recent years. But such a shame. She was talented and seemed like a pleasant person. :(

I agree, she looks so thin in that picture. My guess is electrolyte imbalance. I'm so sorry for her husband and family. This is really tragic so close to the holidays.

care
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM
:( I enjoyed all of her movies. R.I.P.