EBASKoroleva
12-21-2009, 04:28 AM
So sad. May she rest in peace. :(

zhenya271
12-21-2009, 04:56 AM
How sad. She was so cute and seemed so likeable. :(

JAF
12-21-2009, 05:00 AM
I'll always remember her as Luann from King of the Hill. RIP.
So will I RIP
:(

El Rey
12-21-2009, 05:12 AM
RIP Brittany Murphy. I had forgotten how many movies she made, and how many I enjoyed.

Fabrichnova
12-21-2009, 05:25 AM
They're saying it was "natural causes"- dies that mean they HAVE ruled out drugs? I would think then it might be an eating disorder.

FWIW, I don't think it rules out drugs.

On some other boards, they were saying that a weakened heart caused by years of drug abuse could be considered "natural causes."

manhn
12-21-2009, 06:14 AM
"You're a virgin who can't drive" is the biggest burn in cinematic history. RIP, Brittany.

Angelskates
12-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Murphy 'was extremely ill' before death (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/986105/actress-brittany-murphy-dies-in-la-report)

May she rest in peace.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
12-21-2009, 07:44 AM
This is shocking.

I like her as Luan in King of the Hill and in most of her earlier movies when she's wasn't scarily thin yet. For somebody who's only 32, her resume is actually long and impressive. This is so sad. She apparently has a gift.

Condolences to those people who really love and care about her.

The film that I'm most familiar with that Brittany was in was Clueless. I had no idea that she was the voice of Luan from King of the Hill. I'm still shocked; I was watching my local news earlier and saw the report and while I do kind of remember talk of drugs I also didn't realize she was (was thought to be?) anorexic. Poor girl. How horrible for her family. :(

RIP Brittany and my condolences to her loved ones.

Karpenko
12-21-2009, 09:38 AM
This is so sad. :( I've always had a soft spot for Brittany Murphy, loved her in every movie I've seen her in. She's like the little sister you've always wanted. So sad this celebrity death is the toughest so far. :wuzrobbed

AnnieBgood
12-21-2009, 10:34 AM
She shined in whatever she was in, even before Clueless.

Her physical changes began back when she was dating Ashton, so it makes you wonder who's all either had a hand in her problems or just knew what was going on and did nothing.

briancoogaert
12-21-2009, 10:49 AM
sad year.
RIP.

Maximillian
12-21-2009, 11:14 AM
She had an enormous physical transformation between Clueless and her next big film Girl, Interrupted, where ironically she played a girl fighting a losing battle with an eating disorder. Girl, Interrupted was made long before she was dating Kutcher. She was wonderful in that film and 8 Mile as well. And of course, cannot forget her haunting "I'll never tell..." said in sing-song voice that was played in the seemingly endless stream of commercials for that film she was in with Michael Douglas.

kittyjake5
12-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Sad news about Brittany. She was a talented actress and could be pretty funny too.

cruisin
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Murphy 'was extremely ill' before death (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/986105/actress-brittany-murphy-dies-in-la-report)

May she rest in peace.

Vomiting can be symptomatic of a heart attack, especially in women. After having a scare a few months ago, I learned that women are so at risk for not getting help for a heart attack. Most of the symptoms that we hear about are what men would experience. Women experience cardiac episodes differently. they may not get that crushing chest pain. Often most of the pain is in the back. But shortness of breath and vomiting can be significant warnings for cardiac arrest in women.

Re: natural causes. I don't believe that rules out drugs or complications of an ED. The article I read said they determined that it was natural causes because there did not seem to be a struggle, there were no contusions or abrasions on her body, and they did not find illegal drugs in the home.

I know that many posters here know how I feel about eating disorders. I know that I can get militant. But while we look at celebrities and athletes who appear to be far too thin and comment, not enough is done to help them. We praise uber thin actresses, models, skaters, dancers, even while thinking they might be sick. We comment on celebrities gaining weight, we even have "E" programming showing the "worst bodies". This is not just a sickness in an individual, it is a social sickness. As much as eating disorders are not as far in the closet as they used to be, it is still a hidden illness. The victims deny EDs because they don't want to gain weight. It is an illness that is so difficult to get into treatment. It is painful on so many levels. What a tragedy if, in fact, we have lost another shining star to an illness that can be treated, not cured, but treated. I certainly do not want to state that Brittany died from an ED, I have no way of knowing. But my heart aches for anyone who goes through the pain of living with an ED. Even if the person survives, the physical/emotional/psychological toll is significant.

laurenjm
12-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Heart attack symptoms in women are far different than in men, thus the reason that heart disease is ignored by women.

This is sad, but I believe we will hear that it may have something to do with abuse of "drugs" and anorexia. If you had seen the pic of her at the beginning of Dec, it was quite obvious that there was something there.

I am reminded of Karen Carpenter who waged a lifelong battle with weight and eating disorders and finally succumbed to the abuse she gave her body and died of a massive heart attack, drugs were involved too.

I fear this is what we will hear and its really sad! :(