PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

vesperholly
12-21-2009, 12:48 AM
I read a couple reports that her husband opposes an autopsy being performed. Makes ya wonder. How sad :(
They were married in a Jewish ceremony, so he could be objecting due to religious reasons.

Wiery
12-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Very sad news. My thoughts are with her family.

slicekw
12-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Wow. My first thought was "Karen Carpenter". Death by cardiac arrest due to damage from anorexia.

Poor girl, I really liked her. I hope she has peace.

missflick
12-21-2009, 01:05 AM
I had to look up the name, as I couldn't list anything she was in. R.I.P.

Veronika
12-21-2009, 01:17 AM
I will be shocked if it's not related to drugs. :(

RIP

ArtisticFan
12-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said Murphy apparently collapsed in the bathroom, and authorities were looking into her medical history.

An official cause of death may not be determined for some time, since toxicology tests will be required, but "it appears to be natural," Winter said. He said an autopsy was planned for Monday or Tuesday.

For those wanting to speculate...

http://www.accessatlanta.com/atlanta-movies/hospital-actress-brittany-murphy-248986.html?cxntlid=thbz_hm

shan
12-21-2009, 02:21 AM
This makes me so sad... :(

Guinevere
12-21-2009, 02:29 AM
So sad, I always think of "Rollin' with the homies" whenever i think of her in Clueless.

Hate to speculate but one site reported she had both an eating disorder and drug use both of which I think would contribute to a cardiac arrest. They're saying it was "natural causes"- dies that mean they HAVE ruled out drugs? I would think then it might be an eating disorder.

bobalina77
12-21-2009, 02:45 AM
Have any of you seen The Ramen Girl? It was cute too. It's about a girl who moves to Tokyo to be with her boyfriend and then her boyfriend ends up breaking up with her after she's there a couple of days and moving to another city. She ends up wandering around and having a break down in a noodle house, sort of befriends the owner and tries to learn how to make ramen despite neither of them understanding a thing each other is saying. It's got some pretty funny scenes.

Lara
12-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Ramen Girl is the last movie I saw her in. Very sad. :(

JILEN
12-21-2009, 02:59 AM
This is shocking.

I like her as Luan in King of the Hill and in most of her earlier movies when she's wasn't scarily thin yet. For somebody who's only 32, her resume is actually long and impressive. This is so sad. She apparently has a gift.

Condolences to those people who really love and care about her.

berthesghost
12-21-2009, 03:18 AM
:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

She never reached her full potential OMO, so sad

One of my fav roles was in "The Dead Girl". :(

berrybarn
12-21-2009, 03:28 AM
Very sad. I thought she was the best thing about Girl, Interrupted.

kimkom
12-21-2009, 03:52 AM
Very sad. I thought she was the best thing about Girl, Interrupted.

She was fantastic in Girl, Interrupted!

Tweets from Ashton Kutcher, who dated Brittany.

2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany’s family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon.
see you on the other side kid.

IceAlisa
12-21-2009, 04:16 AM
They're saying it was "natural causes"- dies that mean they HAVE ruled out drugs? I would think then it might be an eating disorder.

IMO all that means that there are no obvious signs of anything that could have caused her death. Tox screens take weeks usually so I really doubt drugs had been ruled out at this point.

And if there are no drugs but some kind of electrolyte imbalance-induced arrhythmia that could have had root in an eating disorder, than there could be no obvious signs of the cause of death at all.