PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy died

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

sweetsparky
12-20-2009, 10:36 PM
:( Really sad news, such a young woman.

IceJunkie
12-20-2009, 10:41 PM
My first thought was drugs too..how horrible. :( My thoughts go out to her family.

I loved her in Clueless and she was funny in Drop Dead Gorgeous, one of my favorite movies ever.

bobalina77
12-20-2009, 10:56 PM
"Love & Other Disasters" is one of my favorite movies. She was so talented; what a shame.

I watched that movie not long ago and loved it! In fact she's one of the few actresses I can honestly say I've liked everything she's been in.. she was quite talented and somewhat under rated IMO. So so sad :(

Dr.Siouxs
12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I'll always remember her as Luann from King of the Hill. RIP.

Anita18
12-20-2009, 11:04 PM
So devastating! I will really miss her! It's so sad to think she may be another Hollywood cautionary tale though we still don't know all the details yet. She did seem very troubled the past couple of years. :(
I dunno, after she got married, she wasn't really paparazzi fodder anymore so I thought she had everything together. So young. :(

Badams
12-20-2009, 11:04 PM
she was quite talented and somewhat under rated IMO. So so sad :(

ITA!

Flora
12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
I googled her husband, Simon Monjack,this morning after hearing of her death and wouldn't be surprised if he was somehow involved (e.g. providing her with drugs, encouraging her unhealthy lifestyle). The craziest thing is that the things I read about him were written back in 2007 when she surprised everyone and got married. Sounds like he was an extremely shady character and this may be what Kathy Najimy was alluding to when she mentioned hooking up with the wrong crowd. So sad.

bobalina77
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
I dunno, after she got married, she wasn't really paparazzi fodder anymore so I thought she had everything together. So young. :(

That's what I thought too.. you never heard anything about her which is why this is such a shock to me.

TalentedButHumble
12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
I actually said, "What the f*ck" when I saw this on my FB feed a few minutes ago. Then I was trying to remember why I'd just seen her name mentioned recently, and it was unfortunately because of the rumors mentioned already.
She seemed like such a complete sweetheart. I'm so sorry her life got so messed up and ended this way.

libby
12-20-2009, 11:49 PM
She was actually in the tabloids in just the past two weeks. Perez Hilton and some of the tabloids reported that she was fired from her latest film and kicked off the set for "erratic behavior" about two weeks ago, and there were stories about her husband getting into fights on the set as well. She responded with a statement saying she actually quit the movie over "creative differences".

cem
12-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Brittany's husband doesn't want an autopsy. Which seems rather odd...you would think he would want to the know the cause of death for someone so young.

Her mother told the paramedics she had diabetes.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-simon-monjack-autopsy-death/

KikiSashaFan
12-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I read a couple reports that her husband opposes an autopsy being performed. Makes ya wonder. How sad :(

^You beat me to it

Lacey
12-21-2009, 12:04 AM
I believe in some states, by law there has to be an autopsy when someone dies under mysterious circumstances, meaning when the deceased was not under a doctor's immediate care. Poor thing. Her mother/parents need to know.

IceAlisa
12-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Sounds like the husband wish will be ignored by the county coroner.

FiveRinger
12-21-2009, 12:47 AM
I know that in my home state an autopsy is required when someone dies and there isn't a doctor/medical personnel present. We went through that when my mother died almost 12 years ago. It was horrible because my father was who found her and he was treated like a criminal. It turned out that she died of cardiac arrest as well, and she was a young woman, only 49. It is my guess that there is going to be an autopsy whether the husband wants one or not.