PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy died

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

IceAlisa
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
I understand how overedge feels; some people are sensitive to talk like that. But yeah, obviously as a celeb/public figure, people are going to be interested in how she died.

Most importantly, this is an untimely death. That always draws speculation, celebrity or not.

Lacey
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
She looked alarmingly thin in that picture.

mmscfdcsu
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.popeater.com/2009/12/20/brittany-murphy-dead/?icid=main|main|dl2|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeate r.com%2F2009%2F12%2F20%2Fbrittany-murphy-dead%2F

HeatherC
12-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh how sad. I loved her in Clueless. RIP :(

PeterG
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
I really liked Brittany in Uptown Girls with Dakota Fanning. And she was really great in Don't Say A Word with Michael Douglas.

While I'm in this thread, I just want to join the camp of those who wish people would keep rumours and stories to themselves in regards to someone who has just lost their life when the hospital/medical staff haven't even made any statements in regards to the cause of death.

At least wait until a person is buried before the gossip-mongering begins. The poor lady just died! :(

Aussie Willy
12-20-2009, 09:50 PM
She was great in "Don't say a word". A friend and I watched that movie on DVD didn't know who she was but were incredibly impressed with her talent.

Very sad.

Badams
12-20-2009, 09:58 PM
wow! :( completely unexpected to me. she was such a cute, tiny little thing. and so very talented. what a loss. R.I.P

overedge
12-20-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure if what you are objecting to is discussion of how she may have died. I don't like to see other's misfortunes and people's passing turned into entertainment. But if she did die from an eating disorder and/or drug use, one can hope that maybe she could save someone else, in her situation.

Well, if she died because of drug abuse and/or eating disorders, I'd like to see some confirmation of that before using her sad story as an example. But what I was also objecting to was using someone's passing as an excuse to rant about the differences between US and Canadian drug laws.

maggylyn
12-20-2009, 10:04 PM
How sad. I loved her in 'Clueless', too. RIP.

Me too.

:(

WindSpirit
12-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Sad, very sad.
I've heard rumors of her drug use for years now....wish someone had been able to reach out to her. Poor thing. What a waste. I heard about it, too. So when I saw the news on Yahoo, I thought it was either that or an eating disorder. And she was only 32. Very sad. Even sadder after they brought up the interview she gave on Dec 3, where she said she'd like to have a child next year.

R.I.P., Brittany.

Rex
12-20-2009, 10:10 PM
I heard about it, too. So when I saw the news on Yahoo, I thought it was either that or an eating disorder. And she was only 32. Very sad. Even sadder after they brought up the interview she gave on Dec 3, where she said she'd like to have a child next year.

R.I.P., Brittany.

That is heartbreaking....she was thinking of starting her family. :(

ArtisticFan
12-20-2009, 10:14 PM
It is very sad news. Whatever the reason medically, it feels very sudden and way too soon for her to be gone. She was quite talented and from all accounts a very nice young woman.

I loved her in Don't Say a Word and I enjoyed her with Drew Barrymore in Riding in Cars with Boys. The scene at the wedding where she and Drew are left alone as the guys party and the adults all act upset that the wedding is taking place cracks me up.

dbell1
12-20-2009, 10:15 PM
:( Wow. Loved her in Clueless.

Will hold off on commenting on the cause, but when I saw her in a 'too thin' spread in a magazine recently (with the upthread photo used), I was stunned at how bony she was. :(

WindSpirit
12-20-2009, 10:34 PM
From a link on Yahoo about what about other celebrities said about her death:

Kathy Najimy, Brittany's co-star in the FOX animated series "King of The Hill" had a strong reaction.

"wrked w/& knew Brittany 4 14 years (& plyed her mom once as well) sweetst most talnted angel who got hked up w/ wrng people. we love u brit," Kathy reportedly wrote on Sunday.

"so sad this is truly a waste. feeling regret we didnt' do more. i love you so much Brittany and always will," she added. The text speak is horrible, but she does say something about hooking up with the wrong people. That may have started all Brittany's problems. I remember reading some time ago about how much she changed and in a very bad way. I was hoping she'd find her way eventually. Never expected her to die so young.

vesperholly
12-20-2009, 10:35 PM
They probably quoted her twitter. The press has an awful habit of doing that lately. :wall: