PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

IceAlisa
02-04-2010, 08:19 PM
“It sounds more like it’s a drug-related than a natural pulmonary pneumonia,” said Baden, who did not work on the Murphy case but has served as an expert witness in numerous high-profile deaths.

He said the quantities and types of drugs Murphy was taking is key to understanding how she died, as well as how recently she saw a doctor.

“One doesn’t die of pneumonia, usually, that quickly,” Baden said. He also downplayed the role anemia may have played in Murphy’s death.
That's the story. Rx meds are just as dangerous when used improperly or abused.

BigB08822
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I was under the impression that people died of pneumonia all the time and quite quickly, actually. Maybe I have heard wrong or remember wrong about the "quick" part.

IceAlisa
02-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I was under the impression that people died of pneumonia all the time and quite quickly, actually.

That's pretty unusual actually, especially in young otherwise healthy people, anemia or not. Your impression is wrong, let me assure you.

milanessa
02-04-2010, 09:17 PM
The interview with her husband and mom in PEOPLE a few weeks ago was mega-creepy.

The husband of course denied all the stories that he was a nasty control freak, and said that Hollywood should be ashamed for spreading lies about her. However, the majority of the story was him talking - the mom just got a few comments in a sidebar. But he and the mom are still living in the house where Murphy died - and the story mentioned that there are something like 350 pictures of her displayed in the house (that were there before she passed away).

They're both on Larry King tonight.

IceAlisa
02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
The interview with her husband and mom in PEOPLE a few weeks ago was mega-creepy.

The husband of course denied all the stories that he was a nasty control freak, and said that Hollywood should be ashamed for spreading lies about her. However, the majority of the story was him talking - the mom just got a few comments in a sidebar. But he and the mom are still living in the house where Murphy died - and the story mentioned that there are something like 350 pictures of her displayed in the house (that were there before she passed away).

I happen to come across this People issue at work in the waiting room (intended for patients) and borrowed it. The interview really IS creepy.

talldrink
02-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Gosh, her prescriptions were for, amongst other things, Klonopin and Ativan? Both of those drugs are Benzodiaepines and VERY addictive. They're dangerious to take, IMO. The data show that the amount of accidental overdoses that are occurring from prescriptions drugs like these is very high!!

MOIJTO
02-06-2010, 11:58 PM
She had quite a list of drugs and although the autopsy showed that is was accidental over use of OTC drugs and pneumonia. The main factor is that she was severly compromised by anorexia which caused a whole host of other things, weakened aummune system, which could have caused the pneumonia and the anorexia that could have caused the anemia and these things all compromised by to many OTC and inproper use of both those and her Dr. prescribed medications.

Bottomline there was more to it than a simple death by untreated or unrecognized pneumonia.

canbelto
02-07-2010, 12:59 AM
It amazes me that if Brittany was as sick as she was the days before her death, no one thought to bring her to the hospital. It seems as if she was simply not receiving the proper medical care at all.

Cupid
02-07-2010, 03:06 AM
It amazes me that if Brittany was as sick as she was the days before her death, no one thought to bring her to the hospital. It seems as if she was simply not receiving the proper medical care at all.

I thought I heard on TV or radio that she actually had a doctor's appointment already scheduled a day or two after her death occurred. Maybe she should have gone to ER.

cruisin
02-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Sometimes you can have pneumonia for a bit and not really feel as sick as you are. If she did have an eating disorder, that on top of being sick, she could have dehydrated pretty quickly. Mix all of that up with the meds she was taking and maybe some alcohol - deadly. Ambien, alone, and alcohol is very, very dangerous.

MOIJTO
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Sometimes you can have pneumonia for a bit and not really feel as sick as you are. If she did have an eating disorder, that on top of being sick, she could have dehydrated pretty quickly. Mix all of that up with the meds she was taking and maybe some alcohol - deadly. Ambien, alone, and alcohol is very, very dangerous.

This is so very true, I walked around with pneumonia for 3 weeks and didn't know I had it. When I took a breath it sounded like I had pop rocks in my mouth. I ran a fever at night but not during the day and although I felt tired I didn't really feel sick, I coughed but it was dry and hacking. Finally when I was dragged to the Dr. my lungs were 1/2 full of fluid and I was very close to crisis. Thank goodness I was in good health with no other compromising issues, or it could have been far worse.

vesperholly
05-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Brittany's widower, Simon Monjack, was found dead last night :(

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/05/husband-of-actress-brittany-murphy-found-dead-at-home-.html

Angelskates
05-24-2010, 10:52 AM
:( Tragic all round.

Rex
05-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Devastating and tragic.

KHenry14
05-24-2010, 10:00 PM
By coincidence, today I happened to read the Feb 1st People Magazine article on Simon and how he was coping with Brittany's passing. And he wasn't coping well at all. In fact, he basically stated that he life was over because she passed. While so far there isn't indications of suicide, he may just have died of a broken heart.