PDA

View Full Version : Brittany Murphy died

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

cruisin
12-24-2009, 01:47 AM
It could be a mix for bi-polar disorder. Abilify is the preferred drug, but can raise blood sugar. If she is, in fact diabetic, Abilify would not work for her.

Lacey
12-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Um, are you a doctor?

ArtisticFan
12-24-2009, 02:57 AM
:) I'm only 45 and had the surgeries spread out between the ages of 34 and 45. Not an elite athlete for sure, but a former ballet dancer and (most recently) former adult Silver level skater. The date on the most recent pain killer prescription would match up to the date of my last surgery. All of this stuff would be easily explainable, but not initially if someone just went through the medicine bin and wondered why a seemingly healthy 45 year old woman died. It's just weird to ponder what people would think if they went through my stuff trying to figure out why I died suddenly. Of course, I'm not famous, so chances are good that you won't be talking about me. :slinkaway

My husband and I have been cleaning the house for upcoming guests and started laughing when we saw all the prescriptions. Given my anti-anxiety meds, thyroid meds, birth control, and pain meds for an ankle issue (6 surgeries and I'm 34) and his depression medication, diabetes related medication, and migraine meds, we have tons of prescription bottles.

A lot of it comes from trying to find the right meds that work. We get a prescription for one and then get changed to another that works better. I guess I'm a pack rat because I always save the other meds in case there is a major problem with the new ones. With no children, I don't worry about someone swiping them.

It just reminds me of being single again. My best friend in college and I had a deal to go clean out the questionable stuff in case of an unexpected death. We weren't talking drugs or guns. It was more like go hide the half eaten tub of cookie dough, sappy romance novels, unmailed letters to that unrequited crush, embarrassing pictures, etc.

nubka
12-24-2009, 03:24 AM
So if one of us dropped dead, the authorities would find a variety of hardcore pain killers, anti-depressants, sleep aids, anxiety medication, etc. If we were famous, what would you guys be saying about us? :eek:

No worries. Even if they did talk - we're dead! :D

cruisin
12-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Um, are you a doctor?

NO, but I have a family member who has gone through this with bi-polar. Because diabetes runs in the family, they were taken off it. And my Dad was put on Abilify, he was a brittle diabetic. Not sure why they put him on Abilify, except he had some depression, anxiety, and anger issues, and he was more docile on it. I called his psychiatrist as soon as I found out and they took him off it right away. I don't know why his primary care doctor didn't question what the psychiatrist put him on. And I have been on some anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. I have had extended discussions with my doctor about all of these drugs, what they are for, and side effects. I don't like medication, so any time something was prescribed for me, we went through the: What about...? No, I don't like the sound of that. What else is there...? I also had to be my Dad's advocate, so I had to know about every drug he took.

laurenjm
12-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Um, are you a doctor?

Sometimes experience with meds and illness if a far better "Doc" than the Doc themselves. Doc's practice medicine and many Doc's just don't pay attention to the other med's another Doc may have prescribed.

IceAlisa
12-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Sometimes experience with meds and illness if a far better "Doc" than the Doc themselves. Doc's practice medicine and many Doc's just don't pay attention to the other med's another Doc may have prescribed.

Polypharmacy is one of my pet peeves.

mrr50
12-24-2009, 05:08 PM

Sometimes patients forget to mention other meds too. Things can really get complicated. Even when a patient is told to bring all their meds to an appointment sometimes something important gets left in a draw.

laurenjm
12-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Sometimes patients forget to mention other meds too. Things can really get complicated. Even when a patient is told to bring all their meds to an appointment sometimes something important gets left in a draw.

Yes, I realize this and it happens quite often. Many people do not say anything on purpose also.

My former supervisor at my former place of employment was on all kinds of meds for pain, for anxiety, for this and that. Besides trading her meds with another employee like candy she didn't tell her other Doc's what she was taking so she could get more of the same.

It was like working with a flame thrower! :eek:

Rafter
02-04-2010, 06:41 PM
This report says that Murphy died of pneumonia, drug intoxication and iron-deficiency amenia.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/760556--actor-brittany-murphy-died-of-pneumonia-and-drug-intoxication-coroner?bn=1

BigB08822
02-04-2010, 07:21 PM
The drugs seem to all have been prescribed. Just putting that out there.

Cupid
02-04-2010, 07:26 PM
The drugs seem to all have been prescribed. Just putting that out there.

I believe Michael Jackson's were all prescribed, too.:rolleyes:

BigB08822
02-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I believe Michael Jackson's were all prescribed, too.:rolleyes:

The word "drug" tends to have an illegal connotation with it. I just didn't want people to read that and think she died of a cocaine overdose or heroin overdose since she was rumored to be a user in the past, regardless of whether that was true. No need to roll eyes at people.

overedge
02-04-2010, 08:00 PM
The interview with her husband and mom in PEOPLE a few weeks ago was mega-creepy.

The husband of course denied all the stories that he was a nasty control freak, and said that Hollywood should be ashamed for spreading lies about her. However, the majority of the story was him talking - the mom just got a few comments in a sidebar. But he and the mom are still living in the house where Murphy died - and the story mentioned that there are something like 350 pictures of her displayed in the house (that were there before she passed away).

BigB08822
02-04-2010, 08:02 PM
There are too many stories from too many different sources. He is creepy! It is a shame he has her mom on his side because apparently Britney's money was left to her mom. No wonder he wants her close.