PDA

View Full Version : Any Make It or Break It Fans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

ross_hy
07-29-2010, 03:03 AM
Anybody see last night's episode? Isn't it strange that Emily's mom would pay $2000 to have choreography created for basically a parents show? Maybe it could be translated into her competitive routine...

Hannahclear
07-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I thought the dance routines were to be integrated into the new floor routines. They just haven't added the tumbling yet. Something like that. I really liked this weeks' episode. It was just mindless good fun. :rollin:

michiruwater
07-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Why would they need new floor routines??? Don't gymnasts normally keep the same one for two seasons?

I love how these last few episodes have all had Lauren get verbally bitchslapped by someone she loves, but I want her to get actually slapped at some point. That would make me feel good.

judiz
08-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Can't believe no one is talking about last week's episode, the last scene!

Theatregirl1122
08-08-2010, 04:30 AM
Why would they need new floor routines??? Don't gymnasts normally keep the same one for two seasons?

Well, Sasha said they were working out the choreography for their new floor routines for Nationals and then they'd add tumbling. So I guess in ABCfamily land you get a new floor routine just before nationals.

I'm seriously disliking the "OMG We can't show our girls that we are having premarital sex!" meme. I get that summer is into that, but if someone had criticized my mother for having her boyfriend spend the night when I was a kid, she'd have laughed at them and told them that she's perfectly fine with me getting the message that it is okay for two consenting adults to have premarital sex. I mean, I get that this is ABC Family's message. But I don't think that Chloe bowing to Summer's propaganda seems very realistic.

michiruwater
08-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Did anyone else catch the Evan Lysacek name drop?

Theatregirl1122
08-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Did anyone else catch the Evan Lysacek name drop?

Lol! I totally did. "Shaun White! Evan Lysacek!" I guess you know you've made it when ABC Family shows name drop you and assume the tweens will get the reference.

dramagrrl
08-09-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm seriously disliking the "OMG We can't show our girls that we are having premarital sex!" meme. I get that summer is into that, but if someone had criticized my mother for having her boyfriend spend the night when I was a kid, she'd have laughed at them and told them that she's perfectly fine with me getting the message that it is okay for two consenting adults to have premarital sex. I mean, I get that this is ABC Family's message. But I don't think that Chloe bowing to Summer's propaganda seems very realistic.
Now, I usually wouldn't defend anything the writers of this show seem to be doing, because most of the time, it seems like they're just pulling storylines out of the air and have no idea what the words "coherence" or "consistency" mean, but I do have to say that Chloe's reaction to Summer's judgement did seem realistic for her character. Chloe is presented as a "strong woman", but she is also clearly very insecure about her parenting decisions and regretful about some of the mistakes she has made in the past, and looks to the other Rock parents for reassurance that she's doing the right thing. Being told by Summer that she was presenting "slutty" behaviour to her children (and to Lauren) by sleeping with Steve would easily shake her, and it would be in character, too. Of course, it would also be in character (as the writers have formed Chloe) for her to just as easily change her mind in the next episode, having actually given the matter some thought and realizing she was right in the first place. She's done that several times before when it has come to major decisions.

Hannahclear
08-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Please tell me they aren't planning to have Payson start carrying a torch for her coach? I mean, he's yummy and all, but she's not 12! Other than that, I loved this week's cheesy goodness. When is the season finale?

Bostonfan
08-11-2010, 05:42 PM
Please tell me they aren't planning to have Payson start carrying a torch for her coach? I mean, he's yummy and all, but she's not 12! Other than that, I loved this week's cheesy goodness. When is the season finale?

Well, they showed him with a camera set up, then she kisses him later in the same scene, no doubt captured on film. So cue Summer finding it and being all worked up, or Lauren finding it and doing something devious with it.

There are 2 episodes left.

judiz
08-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Well, they showed him with a camera set up, then she kisses him later in the same scene, no doubt captured on film. So cue Summer finding it and being all worked up, or Lauren finding it and doing something devious with it.
There are 2 episodes left.

Like giving it to Mrs Beale so she can have Sasha removed as coach.

judiz
08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Any guesses why Ellen Beale has it out so bad for Emily? I don't buy the reasons she gave Marty at the gym.

Any guesses why Marty had been suspended before?

Why was Kelly Parker able to notice the weight loss in Kaylee but no one else does? I know those who see her everyday may not notice it but you'd think the other members of the national committee would see how thin she was looking.

Stormy
08-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I'm actually surprised they're going for the Payson/Sasha kiss. The tension has been there for a while but I didn't think the show would actually go there. I know Sasha likes Summer, but he is also very close to Payson; they do seem to have more than a coach/student relationship. I mean, he went to her ballet class! I wonder if he does have feelings for Payson as well? If he doesn't, I would certainly say he's been sending her a lot of mixed messages.

I think Ellen has it out for Emily just because of what she said....Emily does break the rules and Ellen needs to control everyone and everything around her....and she feels she can't control Emily. Good for Emily for believing in herself and putting great routines out there. The National Committee must have overruled Ellen on the decision to put Emily on the team. Ellen's a real biotch. There's got to be an episode where she really gets taken down and I can't wait for that.

I like Candace Cameron Bure, but Summer is really starting to annoy me. I liked her at first but now she could go away completely and I wouldn't care.

MIOBI is so my guilty pleasure. That and Pretty Little Liars are the only shows I watch....what am I going to do without them all fall??

michiruwater
08-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh, finally someone admits to watching Pretty Little Liars! I've seen every episode :shuffle:

KikiSashaFan
08-12-2010, 12:31 AM
Oh, finally someone admits to watching Pretty Little Liars! I've seen every episode :shuffle:

I have too and I'm already impatient for January to come. I debated starting a thread, but I figured I might be the only one...:shuffle: