PDA

View Full Version : Any Make It or Break It Fans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Theatregirl1122
06-30-2010, 12:52 AM
I assume because the nice girl had been ignoring him for a long time and saying she wanted nothing to do with him (whether or not he deserved it), while the mean girl was giving him a place to stay and being incredibly supportive of him.

Right but I rather think he should have chosen neither of them. Because Lauren is really kind of crazy.

michiruwater
06-30-2010, 01:39 AM
Lauren is completely batshit crazy. Any random nice moments are tempered by a bitchy remark 3 seconds later. Exactly how many relationships and moments and triumphs, etc., did she attempt to ruin over the course of just one season? And how many times did she succeed?

DianeO
06-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Lauren is completely batshit crazy. Any random nice moments are tempered by a bitchy remark 3 seconds later. Exactly how many relationships and moments and triumphs, etc., did she attempt to ruin over the course of just one season? And how many times did she succeed?

This is the part of the show that's really starting to irk me. Especially because you know 1 or 2 episodes down the road there will be a sappy scene where they all talk about 'sticking together'. How many times does Lauren need to throw them all under the bus or ruin their lives (usually in a completely evil manner) before they wake up and refuse to be friends with her anymore.

michiruwater
06-30-2010, 02:32 AM
I'm shocked she hasn't actually been socked in the face yet. If I were Kaylie and she'd tried to ruin my relationship with not only my boyfriend but my parents, my coach, etc., so many times I would have just lost it and kicked her ass. I can't think of a single moment in their relationship where Kaylie has done the wrong thing, but Lauren's treated her absolutely evilly in a completely sociopathic manner.

judiz
07-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Why was it so obvious to everyone but Emily that the reason Lauren wanted her to see Damon was so she would be caught and thrown off the team? Now if Emily would only develop a backbone and tell Biel about Carter and Lauren.

Theatregirl1122
07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
I spent all of the competition portion of this episode screaming for Lauren to fall. Which I don't feel bad about because she's not a real person, she's a very annoying tv character.

ballettmaus
07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I was hoping that Lauren would fall flat on her face - literaly or not, I didn't care. I just hoped she would not be rewarded - but she was with her bronze medal. That sucked.
The other thing I was hoping for was that someone would find the ticket in Lauren's training jacket. Accidentally of course. But that girl deserves to pay for her actions and I think she falls very deep at one point and finds herself alone. She's annoying me.

michiruwater
07-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Lauren isn't an interesting character, really. I mean, yeah, she has some understandable issues and her relationship with Summer was actually interesting to watch develop, but at the end of the day she's just a parasitic, sociopathic bitch. There's very few redeeming qualities to her character. And good riddance, I hope Kaylie never looks at Carter seriously again. She deserves so, so much better.

There's something about Kaylie I really, really like. Her character arc has been the most interesting to watch, for me. I think she's grown the most as a person, no miracle surgeries involved.

dramagrrl
07-07-2010, 01:29 AM
My favourite part of this (admittedly terrible, unintentionally hilarious, but addictive) show is the relationship between Payson and Roz... uh, excuse me, I meant Kim. Payson is the only one of the four girls who has remained consistently likeable to me since the series began and I hope they get over the whole injury storyline and get her back in the competition game hardcore now that she's had miracle surgery and all. ;)

hirshey girl
07-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Why was it so obvious to everyone but Emily that the reason Lauren wanted her to see Damon was so she would be caught and thrown off the team? Now if Emily would only develop a backbone and tell Biel about Carter and Lauren.

I thought that Emily was supposed to be a bit more "street smart" and cynical, being from the wrong side of the tracks. She needs to turn total b*&*^ and let Lauren have it. :angryfire Be a little more like Kaylie.

judiz
07-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Any speculation on why Biel hates Sasha so much? If he is so terrible, why was he allowed to take the job as head coach to begin with? Also, what do you think happened to cause Marty to be put on leave of absence?

jayta
07-07-2010, 05:35 AM
I kind of got hooked on this show a while back. I love gymnastics and it seemed like it was off to a great start. I saw the pilot and loved Emily and Razor. However then Razor got knocked out of contention because he left for another show...the actor that is. So then there was Damon. I am not particularly loving his character S1...I loved the actor and character in a teen show he was on about kids getting stranded on an island, but his character in this show annoys me.

If I can't have Razor (which I did at least for alittle bit :() I have to say I prefer Em with Kaylie's brother. He's normal. And cute and sweet.

I didn't mind Kaylie but she grew on me more and more throughout the season. I don't mind Carter. Yeah he was an idiot for sleeping with Lauren, but he's just kind of likeable.

Lauren was a biatch and it looked like they were trying to redeem her with Summer, trying to make her connect, but I guess she must have lost it by the beginning of S2 it sounds?

I have to say that the gymnastics would be a lot more believeable if they had integrated some real gymnasts in there. It gets old seeing stunt doubles though I gotta say Emily's is almost a mirror image.

As for Peyton, I have to say she's the most likeable character out of the entire cast. I wanted to see her win. It was silly for them to have her injure her back the way they did because it's really cliche that they would have a 'experimental surgery' just so happen to come along.

genevieve
07-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Got to watch last night's ep...unfortunately hulu is only keeping each ep for a few days and they'd already pulled last week's so I missed it :(

Aaargh...we get not only eville conniving Lauren but now her eville conniving dad is back too :wall: I thought they did an ok job last season of making Lauren more 3-dimensional...still incredibly flawed, but I always got the impression that she actually wanted to be a good person and really just did not know how to do anything without screwing someone over to get it. In this ep she's just a flat out bitch and why the others didn't see right through that Paris strategy is beyond me.

Biel sucks too....this season is going to be hard to take if we have Biel, Lauren and Daddy Lauren being jerks 24/7.

Kaylie has grown on me - I didn't like her much for the first half of S1, thought she was an overprivileged whiny princess and a perfect BFF for Lauren. she's much more likable now. I still love Payson and her miracle surgery (and her relationship with Kim) - I'm glad that she isn't automatically "back". but my favorite of the show has always been Emily. She's the most likable and the most interesting. I wish they showed more of her family life, esp her brother. I liked all 3 guy options for her, but once they decided to go the Damon I became a total DamEm 'shipper.

As for Carter...he's really not much to fight over :shuffle:

So it there any backstory on why Marty got bumped again? More fallout from the affair with Kaylie's mom? Or was the actor just not available?

DianeO
07-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Any speculation on why Biel hates Sasha so much? If he is so terrible, why was he allowed to take the job as head coach to begin with? Also, what do you think happened to cause Marty to be put on leave of absence?

Marty was put on leave of absence so he can come back to the Rock when they get Sasha out of there of course! :rolleyes:

asdf334
07-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Got to watch last night's ep...unfortunately hulu is only keeping each ep for a few days and they'd already pulled last week's so I missed it :(

Have you tried the ABCFamily website? They definitely have them up there. I've seen some episodes on Youtube as well.