PDA

View Full Version : Any Make It or Break It Fans?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Ageless
09-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Wasn't it mentioned in a previous episode that Kelly Parker got injured (I think she sprained her ankle in France) and was out for the rest of the season?

Or am I totally making that up? :lol:

No, she didn't do the competition in France because of a wrist injury, but she was back after that for the tryout where the top National team gymnasts were selected for the final Worlds tryouts. She was named the #2 gymnast, so I thought it odd she wasn't even mentioned in the finale.

TreSk8sAZ
09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
No, she didn't do the competition in France because of a wrist injury, but she was back after that for the tryout where the top National team gymnasts were selected for the final Worlds tryouts. She was named the #2 gymnast, so I thought it odd she wasn't even mentioned in the finale.

Apparently she reinjured the ankle for the finale after France. However, it would have been nice to have been mentioned in the episode.

ross_hy
09-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Here's Entertainment Weekly's take on things:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/01/make-it-or-break-it-finale-too-much/

genevieve
09-04-2010, 06:55 AM
OMG, just watched the finale and, while this is definitely a guilty pleasure show to begin with, that was just cringe-worthy :lol:

The first half started out like a normal episode - and then halfway through, the writers realized this is the season FINALE and they need to step it up. And so, after the halfway mark we get:

- Bela Karolyi. Seriously, was he THAT terrible at his line readings that they couldn't bring him in at the beginning of trials? It was seriously weird for him to waltz in after the first round and start asking all these nubile "teenage" girls for hugs. And I have my doubts as to the effectiveness of the following advice: "I've never seen any of you before, but my son says your technique is all great and that's good enough for me. You've all just got mental problems. Cheer for each other during this test where you've been told not to make any noise! Come give each other (and me) hugs! Closer, closer!!"

- Austin at the Cruz's house. W.T.F. was that speech. I don't blame Papa Cruz for tossing the guy out - that was the lousiest line ever!!!

- Summer in the church. :huh: How is it that Sasha respecting Summer's lame-o lapsed virginity pact translates into him being someone she can't have? Sasha was right - if he had let her betray her own morals she would have held it against him, but then she apparently held it against him anyway :confused: It was kind of worth it for the big reveal after she asked god who to love. Summer doesn't looks very happy with the answer - but then I guess she is just god's little servant, since she's all back at the Tanner table at the end.

Lauren's continuity problems - she's her normal meh self, then she's basking in the love of the strange old foreign dude, which makes her stick up for Sasha (I was actually hoping for Ellen Beals to bust her for tattling), and then 20 seconds later he had a total meltdown about her mom right as she's about to do her routine. In real life, I know that can happen, but this actress was not able to carry off the gravitas.

ANOREXIA CAM ON THE BEAM!!!!!!!!!!!! - omfg that was hilarious. And the second Austin got up I though no fcuking way - if he gets there in time to catch Kaylie I will fall out. Sadly, I didn't have some pushy stud to catch me. :drama:

Payson's Level 12 eye shadow and stunning artistry. Oh, and that arial at the end was pretty top-notch too. While we're at it, considering that her coach was just accused of an improper relationship with one of his gymnasts, the two of them were mighty handsy. Also dig that Papa Keeler apologized for being a responsible parent.

Poor, barefoot, leotard-clad Emily getting carted off to jail :wuzrobbed

It was a tiny bit satisfying seeing the committee :rolleyes: at Ellen Beals but I still want to know what her big problem is.

Where the hell was Kelly Parker?!?!?! FAIL.

er...how long until Season 3? :saint:

Flatfoote
09-04-2010, 07:11 AM
I have the answer on Kelly Parker. Someone earlier mentioned a wrist injury. Clearly, she re-injured it during one of her bitch-slaps at the other girls! Karma!

genevieve
09-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh, and apparently no men will be going to Worlds, since their big star was in the audience instead of competing! :lol:

Theatregirl1122
09-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Oh, and apparently no men will be going to Worlds, since their big star was in the audience instead of competing! :lol:

It's just like real gymnastics! They decide the men's team at nationals and take months of bs to decide the women's team.

genevieve
09-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Hey MIOBI fans! If you need a fix during the off-season, check out the CW show Hellcats. It is 12 kinds of awesome! Imagine original recipe Bring It On with a touch of Buffy, minus anything supernatural.

Garden Kitty
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I finally got around to watching my tivo'd copy of the MIOBI finale, and as cheesey as it was, there were some parts of it that I loved. Yes, it was totally unreal to have this old man they've never met before and come in and suddenly motivate all the girls with a few well said words. But I'm old enough to remember Bela with Nadia and his first days with US Gymnastics, and I loved seeing him (no matter how cheesey and borderline creepy). It would be like seeing Tatiana Tarasova show up on some silly show, completely absurd and wonderful at the same time.

mkats
09-10-2010, 01:52 AM
Agreed, I loved Bela's appearance. He was hilarious :rofl:

The continuity in this show is really horrendously bad though. Lauren is the one responsible for offing Sasha, and now she's all "he's our coach, we have to have him back" :confused:

Bostonfan
09-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Agreed, I loved Bela's appearance. He was hilarious :rofl:

ITA! I forget the exact line, but the best quote in the entire finale was Bela's, "Lady, get lost!" to Ellen Beals. You could tell the actress that plays Lauren was having a hard time staying in character. Bela's enthusiasm was infectious, and she was clearly smiling as the actress, not "Lauren".

TreSk8sAZ
09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Hey MIOBI fans! If you need a fix during the off-season, check out the CW show Hellcats. It is 12 kinds of awesome! Imagine original recipe Bring It On with a touch of Buffy, minus anything supernatural.

I really liked the pilot, thought it was really well done. Plus it is the competitive side of cheering, with full out gymnastics, and not some cutesy-type show. Not sure how the drunk-mom story is going to play out, but hopefully it won't go down a typical path.