PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NCAA Gymnastics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

HeatherC
02-22-2010, 04:56 AM
Yes, they are! March 27th at 2pm. I'm planning on going as well! :)

Cool! Maybe I'll see you there! :cheer:

I got to watch the Florida-Alabama meet today while I was at lunch and it was really great. Alabama did a phenomenal job and Florida looked pretty solid too. I forgot that ESPN sometimes shows random college gymnastics on Saturday and Sunday afternoons in between all their basketball games at this time of the year. I need to pay attention to my TV Guide better, LOL :lol:

Fridge_Break
02-27-2010, 05:27 AM
Oklahoma was at Michigan State tonight... it was Senior night, sad to see the State seniors compete for the last time in their regular venue. :( MSU counted an 8.95 for the second meet in a row... they're really banged up right now. They've only vaulted 5 girls for the last month or so, and they have one person as the anchor spot on beam and bars who goes just in case there's a mistake before them, but they're hoping that they don't have to compete them at all. Floor's allright, though. :)

One of the Oklahoma girls, Sara Stone, got a perfect 10 on vault! It was excellent.

I got to see Hollie Vise compete tonight as well. She was excellent on beam and floor, and had a nice routine on bars. I got video of her bars & beam and I'll try to get them on YouTube within the next few days. I'll link them here once I do. :) She's so nice, too. After the meet a young girl asked for her autograph and she was more than happy to do so, and she also gave the girl one of her awards flowers.

redonthehead
03-06-2010, 04:45 AM
Last week Auburn barely beat Kentucky and I mean barely. It was the closest meet we've ever been to.

This week they beat Denver and not just barely. Denver has lots of problems. I wasn't impressed with their coach at all. The harder they tried, the more problems they had and by the end of the meet she wasn't even talking to the girls.She was just standing there with her arms crossed. One of the seniors was the one talking to all of them and encouraging them etc.

I was happy for our seniors, Krissy Voss and Karmen Nelms that they won. Also, I was proud of them not only for how they performed tonight but that they won the last ever event in the Collisum.

BigB08822
03-06-2010, 08:37 AM
LSU beat #6 Oregon State. LSU posted a season high of 196.925! Susan Jackson wins the all around for the 8th time (out of 9 meets) this year with a 39.650 Great effort for LSU. They are looking better and better to return to Nationals. SEC's is going to an amazing competition if all teams hit.

BigB08822
03-13-2010, 07:51 PM
LSU posted a new season high last night, 197.150! I finally made it to a home meet and picked a good one. It was senior night for 4 of our girls, sad that I won't see them any more. Susan Jackson won another AA, scoring 9.950 on her last routine at home. If she had not slightly hopped back on her double pike dismount it was an easy 10.000 She threw her double layout effortlessly, I hope she keeps it through out the rest of the season. She has to be one of the favs for the AA title at SEC's and NCAA's.

Fridge_Break
03-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Interesting to note that Michigan took down Georgia on Friday, along with Ohio State besting Auburn... Michigan State is at UCLA today at 5pm EST (free video here (http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ucla&media=160624))... another Big 10 upset today? One (ie: me) can dream... this meet would be the most unlikely.

CEPool
03-15-2010, 05:43 AM
1 <3 Susan Jackson... she looks great this year. Summer's bars blow my mind. Dont blink, or you will miss it.

My girls didnt go to the LSU Purple and Gold gymnastics meet this year, but I know that the optionals are excited about going to the LSU /Centenary meet next weekend. Seeing them will take some of the sting out of having to drive to Shreveport.

Fridge_Break
03-16-2010, 07:38 AM
<Michigan State fan-tard excited rant ahead>

UCLA just edged out Michigan State by about 6 tenths of a point on Sunday.. the Bruins had 3 falls on beam and actually were only 3 tenths ahead going into the final rotation... anyone who could have predicted that, they had better have bought a powerball ticket immediately afterward! :lol: Glad to see my Spartans FINALLY have a meet where they've put it all together! All season long they've had the potential to be one of the top 15 teams in the nation, if not to challenge for a top-12 spot to Nationals, but a series of injuries and simply just bad luck has hindered them. They've had one talented freshman (who's capable of 9.8+ on every apparatus) out all season because of an elbow injury, not to mention one of their most consistent beam performers & their best FX worker out all season with an ankle injury, along with 3 gymnasts who have sustained injuries since the season began that has pulled them from the competitive lineups. As a result they'd been competing only 5 vaulters for a month, as well as adding people into the lineups that they never had planned on going into the season... resulting in numerous meets where they had to count 8.95's and 9.1's, etc.. finally after a weekend off of competition, they FINALLY have been able to rest athletes and get re-focused.. scored a 195.950 this weekend, and they have one more meet at home before the Big Ten Championships. Looks like they are finally, finally getting things together, and all at the right time! I'll be in Columbus for said championships, and with the event being so up in the air, it's potentially going to be one of the most exciting sporting event's I've been to!

</MSU fan-tard excited rant>

Karpenko
03-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Super Six hasn't been this up for grabs in at least 10 years. I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma took it to be honest! UCLA or Oklahoma, yeah that sounds pretty good right about now.

Georiga is still a great team even with the rough season, but I'll be annoyed if they still manage to win again. I'm getting bored with the same team winning every freakin year.

BigB08822
03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
I am going to predict that Oklahoma will not even make Super 6, if they do they will finish outside of the top 4. They have been hugely overscored this season and so has anyone who had the luck (or foresight) to schedule an away meet with them. Not sure the reasoning behind it but they will NOT receive the same scores at NCAA's as they have all season for the same hit routines. The question will be how do they handle that? They still have what it takes to make it if they hit but it becomes hard to continue hitting when your routine was scoring 9.925 and now the judges say it is only worth a 9.800

BigB08822
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Conference championships are this weekend! My parents are in town so I can't follow the ladies skating or the meets but oh well, I will have fun reading about all of them.

HeatherC
03-27-2010, 01:58 AM
I was hoping to go to the Big Ten championships tomorrow but something came up and I won't be able to be there now. I'm so bummed out but hopefully everyone competes well and has a great time. Go Buckeyes! :cheer2:

Fridge_Break
03-27-2010, 05:05 AM
I was hoping to go to the Big Ten championships tomorrow but something came up and I won't be able to be there now. I'm so bummed out but hopefully everyone competes well and has a great time. Go Buckeyes! :cheer2:

Aww, that stinks! We're heading out tomorrow morning for Columbus... it's going to be a blast! The meet will be aired LIVE on the Big Ten Network tomorrow starting at 2pm EST for anyone who wants to watch!

BigB08822
03-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Aww, that stinks! We're heading out tomorrow morning for Columbus... it's going to be a blast! The meet will be aired LIVE on the Big Ten Network tomorrow starting at 2pm EST for anyone who wants to watch!

Amazing it is being aired Live. I know it is hard to do that for the SEC Championships because it is 7 teams competing which means more rotations but it would be nice if they could find a way to make it work.

HeatherC
03-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Hope you have a great time! It's probably for the best that I have other things going on today. I'm suffering with a cold right now and it's making me not want to be around a ton of other people. I think being in a packed gymnasium at a gymnastics meet probably wouldn't be that good for my health (or anyone else's, LOL). I won't get to watch the meet live unless I decide to stay home from the family thing but hopefully everyone does well and makes it hard on the judges. :cheer: