PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastics news

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Allen
07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Just because Komova is the only one to put the Amanar out on the floor in competition this year doesn't mean she's the only person who has one. It's been fairly well substantiated that Sloan and Raisman have landed Amanar's at the training camps. A lot of people practice them and can do them, but just don't put them out in competition. Let's face, very few people have put them out in competition and consistently landed them well. Amanar herself didn't do the vault all that well in competition.

Fridge_Break
07-19-2010, 06:10 AM
I seriously hope Danell Leyva has a strong meet at the Visa Championships. He's my dream National AA Champ! :swoon:

Is he the one with the really obnoxious dad?

As far as Wieber, :sekret: tells me she still has the Amanar. She wasn't allowed to perform it at the Pac Rim Championships because she was competing as a junior and the junior athletes were restricted with some of the difficult skills.

Domshabfan
07-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Just because Komova is the only one to put the Amanar out on the floor in competition this year doesn't mean she's the only person who has one. It's been fairly well substantiated that Sloan and Raisman have landed Amanar's at the training camps. A lot of people practice them and can do them, but just don't put them out in competition. Let's face, very few people have put them out in competition and consistently landed them well. Amanar herself didn't do the vault all that well in competition.

I agree with you that a lot of people may have landed them in pratice, but landing them in competition is also important. If we giving skills to people even before they have done it in a competition, then it will become a game of speculation. It is good to known Weiber still has an amanar, but i will wait to see what Raisman and Sloan are capable to do.

Most people give nabieva only credit for 2dty but we do know she has over rotated her Amanar... after the back injury, i am not sure she is capable of doing it (though she still get a lot power of the horse)... same thing goes for her Baradwaj, i will wait for it to be done at competition even though there some practice videos of her doing it.

millyskate
07-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Don't worry! Every single girl from level 10 up is training an Amanar, didn't you know! :lol:

Judging from the above discussion, am I the only one who got the joke? :o

HisWeirness
07-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Yes.

BigB08822
07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Judging from the above discussion, am I the only one who got the joke? :o

Apparently!! :lol: :shuffle:

museksk8r
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM

Yes, but I don't hold that against him. He is SO talented and gorgeous. :swoon::cheer2:

chipso1
07-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Paul Hamm is back to full-training and plans on returning to competition in about six months at the 2011 Winter Cup.

http://www.intlgymnast.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1725:stretching-out-welcome-back-paul-hamm&catid=8:stretching-out&Itemid=130

Hamm recently quit his job at Breakwater Trading in Chicago and has been training a bit at his old gym, Swiss Turners, in West Allis, Wis., where coach Andrei Kan has been "just kind of busting my butt [laughs]." He's also reconciled with his old coach, Stacy Maloney, whom he left after the 2003 worlds. Hamm says he will train full-time at either Swiss Turners or the USOTC in Colorado Springs.

Hamm told me his goals for 2012 are to help the team and to contend in the all-around and on high bar. He's also aware of Uchimura's current dominance.

"He's one of the people that is motivating me right now, because I see him and I realize how darn good he is," Hamm told IG. "And it makes me want to beat him, because of what an accomplishment that truly would be. But he is very good. He's an awesome gymnast."

----------------

When I spoke with Paul at length about his comeback, his voice revealed an enthusiasm that was missing after 2004. Time seems to have healed a few wounds.

caseyedwards
07-21-2010, 08:18 PM
His gold in the all around left such a bad taste in my mouth! It seriously damaged and harmed the South Korean gymnastics program. It was such a massive highway robbery of the South Korean. It was so unfair. Horrible judges were to blame but the persons who were harmed by the bad judging I felt so sorry for. That gold was not something that could be celebrated. It was just so unfortunate.

chipso1
07-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Oh please. :rolleyes: Can we NOT turn this thread into a rehash of the 2004 Men's Olympic AA? Please start a new thread and discuss it there...

figsrus
07-21-2010, 10:40 PM
some new interviews http://www.universalsports.com/gymnastics/index.html

Karina1974
07-22-2010, 12:41 AM
Sloan has used her downtime so far this season to work on new skills... So we’ve made a few small changes, but bars are the most dramatic.

Hopefully, one of those changes is learning how not to flex her feet on her release skills.

BigB08822
07-22-2010, 12:58 AM
Hopefully, one of those changes is learning how not to flex her feet on her release skills.

You would think a few weeks of focusing on her feet would fix this problem. It really aggravates me to see gymnasts without pointed toes. I can forgive slightly been knees on really difficult skills since it keeps the gymnasts off their butts but why can't you point your damn toes!?!?

vesperholly
07-22-2010, 01:44 AM
You would think a few weeks of focusing on her feet would fix this problem. It really aggravates me to see gymnasts without pointed toes. I can forgive slightly been knees on really difficult skills since it keeps the gymnasts off their butts but why can't you point your damn toes!?!?

Agreed, and it's especially glaring on bars. I'm even willing to overlook it on toe-on releases, but on a regular tkachev? POINT! :mad:

Can someone explain to me if breaking the body line for piked-in stalders is really the right technique? Ksenia Semenova does this like mad she breaks the handstand with a 90 degree angle in her shoulders, and arches her back for the pike. It looks really ugly to me, and I don't understand if it's ubiquitous poor technique a la flutzing, or that's the way they're done. I've seen piked/toe-on moves from the 80s where there is no line break, so clearly it can be done.

BigB08822
07-22-2010, 03:25 AM
I see a lot of women doing what you describe, versperholly. It is really aggravating but seems to be the "new" way to do this move. I prefer it being done with clean straight lines. I don't know if it is seen as a glaring deduction but it is definitely not correct technique.