PDA

View Full Version : 2011 US Nationals (Greensboro, NC) Information

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

JeffClair1979
09-02-2010, 05:11 PM
So I think I just decided I'm going. It's worth the 3 days off from work and the 10 hour one way drive!! Anyone know why the ticket master prices seem so much higher than the ones you order from the organizers? Or am I reading this wrong? I was using a magic marker a lot today, could be a result of the fumes... :)

Satellitegirl
09-02-2010, 05:23 PM
The ticketmaster prices have a will call fee added to them along with the 15 dollar fee....the prices from the organizers have the 15 dollar fee as well though. As far as I could tell the only difference was the will call fee. And I'm not sure why the ticketmaster tickets were only for international will call....not everyone wants to send in a form and wait. We just said we were from a different country to get the purchase to go through :P

skipaway
09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Individual tickets go on sale Sept. 17th at 10am!

Prices from 10.00-75.00

jlai
09-09-2010, 04:20 AM
2011 U.S. Figure Skating Championship Expected To Bring In The Dough
http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=147643&catid=57

The Figure Skating Championship coming to the Greensboro Coliseum in January is already drawing comparisons to the one held in Spokane, WA earlier this year.

Really?

Jenna
09-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Good news if so! I really want to make it this year, 2012 is obviously out for me.

shan
09-09-2010, 04:27 AM

Really?

I know I'm wondering about that too. The Furniture Market is huge around here as is the ACC tournament and I can't imagine topping both of those events. Plus this being a non Olympic year, I'll be surprised if they can get near Spokane's attendance.

TanithandBenFan
09-09-2010, 02:21 PM

Really?

They've been promoting the heck out of it. I've been impressed with their efforts. I hope there's a great turnout!

museksk8r
09-09-2010, 02:32 PM
I know I'm wondering about that too. The Furniture Market is huge around here as is the ACC tournament and I can't imagine topping both of those events. Plus this being a non Olympic year, I'll be surprised if they can get near Spokane's attendance.

I live in NC, not Greensboro, but I haven't seen that much promotion for it. I can't believe attendance will be anywhere near Spokane either, particularly with Weir, Belbin/Agosto, and Lysacek out, but it would be fantastic if that could happen.

museksk8r
09-09-2010, 02:39 PM

I echo the sentiments of the commenter to this article. It's a shame that tickets to attend Nationals are so high, recession or not! :(

Satellitegirl
09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I think you have to take into consideration that there aren't many competitions in the south, so when one comes a long, skating fans are going to try and get to it.

sk9tingfan
09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Anyone want to weigh in on what the 3 foreign countries are in terms of ticket sales? I go with Canada, Japan for the first two. For the third, I'm not sure. :)

Satellitegirl
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
it's probably people selecting different countries so they can buy them online through ticketmaster, even though they're in the US :rofl:

peibeck
09-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I echo the sentiments of the commenter to this article. It's a shame that tickets to attend Nationals are so high, recession or not! :(

While the tickets aren't "cheap" they certainly are not as expensive as they were a few years ago... or nearly as expensive as seats to a major league baseball game, NFL, or NHL ticket or big name entertainment concerts.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/s...47643&catid=57

I wondered how many of those hotel rooms "booked" are ones they have "blocked out" or if those are actually reserved? I also know some people who make multiple reservations and then cancel if they can transfer later to the host hotel or perhaps even get a better deal someplace else closer to the event.

It does seem like they are doing a good job promoting the event, but I agree with some who think it will be hard to beat Spokane's record.

Debbie S
09-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I thought this quote was interesting:

One place hoping to get a peace of the $30 million economic pie is the Ice House.

"We'll be the early practice rink for the event so that should be very exciting for our young skaters who are up and coming to be on the same ice as championship skaters," said Lance Travis, former professional figure skater turned marketing director for the Ice House.
I thought all practices not at the main arena were going to be in another space at the Coliseum complex. Does this mean that the practice location has changed, or does this mean that the rink will just be around for skaters who want to practice extra on their own (allowed at Nats for the past 5 years or so), or before the event starts (hence the word "early")?

stogba
09-10-2010, 01:37 AM
I would sure like to know the answer about practices. This is my first trip by myself and I did not book a car bought a shuttle pass instead. Staying in an official hotel so that would be available. Would the shuttle go to an alternate rink? I want to go to practices that is why I bought an all event ticket. I'm realizing now that if I waited I could have traveled more cheaply. I booked everything last March.