PDA

View Full Version : 2011 US Nationals (Greensboro, NC) Information

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Debbie S
08-03-2010, 03:32 AM
I wish they could at least give the start times for the first events of the day, but I imagine that's determined by the amount of practice and warm-up time (dependent on number of entrants), plus they probably also work back from the end of the day to determine when they need to start in order to finish by 10:30-11 pm. I haven't made my flight res yet, but the option I'm looking at is a 7 am flight on Monday that would get us to Greensboro at 10:45 (1 layover), assuming everything takes off on time (which would be rare, lol). The 2 Novice events I care about the most are Dance and Ladies, and they are both in the early session. IIRC, in Cleveland, the Novice finals started around 11 or 11:30, but b/c they've split the events into more sessions this time, they may build in more time for entry/clearing.

And on that note, I love how the LOC newsletter says that all-event tickets (and packages) are now worth more b/c they have more sessions. Uh, no, unless the number of events at Nats has increased, you're talking about the same amount of skating, just divided into more meaningless "sessions." Do they really not get that or are they hoping we're stupid and will believe them? :rolleyes: :lol:

TanithandBenFan
08-03-2010, 03:41 AM
And on that note, I love how the LOC newsletter says that all-event tickets (and packages) are now worth more b/c they have more sessions. Uh, no, unless the number of events at Nats has increased, you're talking about the same amount of skating, just divided into more meaningless "sessions." Do they really not get that or are they hoping we're stupid and will believe them? :rolleyes: :lol:

I know, we're actually getting less skating since the CD has been eliminated. Don't know what kind of fuzzy math they're using. :huh:

shan
08-03-2010, 04:13 AM
I wish I could take the week off, but I'm so excited to be able to drive to this!!!

Carolla5501
08-03-2010, 02:44 PM

We have a winner..... (And I don't think the LOC came up with this idea all on their own :rolleyes:)

maureenfarone
08-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I know, we're actually getting less skating since the CD has been eliminated. Don't know what kind of fuzzy math they're using. :huh:

I'm going to use this method with my checking acct....Let me see the balance appears to be less, but I know it is really more! :huh:

I just recently began watching the CDs and actually enjoyed them so I'm sorry to see them go.

mindy74
08-04-2010, 04:07 AM
I made my hotel reservations at the Proximity Hotel. I'm arriving on Wednesday and was going to leave on Sunday evening, but my mother said she'd pay for the extra night so I wouldn't have to drive at night. Still have to get my tickets too.

Now I have to decide if I'm driving or taking the train from South Jersey.

Debbie S
08-04-2010, 04:13 AM
Now I have to decide if I'm driving or taking the train from South Jersey.It would probably be quicker to drive. Seriously, outside of the DC-NYC corridor, trains tend to take a long time, b/c they have tons of stops.

Carolla5501
08-04-2010, 02:01 PM
I made my hotel reservations at the Proximity Hotel. I'm arriving on Wednesday and was going to leave on Sunday evening, but my mother said she'd pay for the extra night so I wouldn't have to drive at night. Still have to get my tickets too.

Now I have to decide if I'm driving or taking the train from South Jersey.

It's a nice hotel. I stayed there several years ago... Have fun.

mindy74
08-05-2010, 01:31 AM
It would probably be quicker to drive. Seriously, outside of the DC-NYC corridor, trains tend to take a long time, b/c they have tons of stops.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that. Thanks for the confirmation.

mindy74
08-05-2010, 01:32 AM
It's a nice hotel. I stayed there several years ago... Have fun.

It looks amazing on the website. Looking forward to it!

Debbie S
08-05-2010, 09:05 PM
For anyone who wants to stay at the Sheraton and hasn't made a res yet - I just went to the main hotel website to see how far it was from the airport (20 min) to get an idea of how long it would take to get there when we arrive (hey, I don't want to miss too much of the Novice FD ;)) and out of curiosity, I entered the dates of Nats week to see what it would say, and lo and behold, there are rooms available. Not at the LOC rate, but only $146/night, compared to $129 - not much difference.

Carolla5501
08-05-2010, 09:59 PM
For anyone who wants to stay at the Sheraton and hasn't made a res yet - I just went to the main hotel website to see how far it was from the airport (20 min) to get an idea of how long it would take to get there when we arrive (hey, I don't want to miss too much of the Novice FD ;)) and out of curiosity, I entered the dates of Nats week to see what it would say, and lo and behold, there are rooms available. Not at the LOC rate, but only $146/night, compared to $129 - not much difference.

That's early for them to "give up" the rooms. I have often gotten the offical hotel late, but not this early. (Still think I will stick to my $69 Marriott room)

TwizzlerS
08-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Has anyone figured out how you can know what seats you are purchasing?

Or, has anyone gone to the box office in person and purchased tickets. And, if so, could you specify the seats you wanted to buy?

Thanks!

Carolla5501
08-07-2010, 07:18 PM
I purchased at last year's Nationals and they showed you what seat you are getting. Are they on Ticketmaster yet? While I hate them they will show you what's you get. However, my expereince (with non skating events) is that the box office can often give you "options" (where with Ticketmaster it's "We will keep showing you the same seat over and over again hoping you will buy it" ) Plus you can avoid the horrid fees!

shan
08-08-2010, 04:01 AM
I was in Winston Salem (45 min. from G'boro) and saw a billboard advertising Nationals!