PDA

View Full Version : 2011 US Nationals (Greensboro, NC) Information

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Debbie S
07-20-2010, 03:46 AM
You have to click where it says to download the form and then the form opens up in PDF. You print out the form, fill it out, and either fax or mail.

ETA: Here is the direct link: http://www.northcarolina2011.com/documents/ShuttleBusOrderForm.pdf

kwanette
07-20-2010, 11:15 AM
You have to click where it says to download the form and then the form opens up in PDF. You print out the form, fill it out, and either fax or mail.

ETA: Here is the direct link: http://www.northcarolina2011.com/documents/ShuttleBusOrderForm.pdf

Thanks so much!

TanithandBenFan
08-02-2010, 02:39 PM
I emailed the LOC to ask when the schedule would be finalized, and Faryn said they expect to release the schedule this week. :cheer2:

Carolla5501
08-02-2010, 03:49 PM
I was thinking about this last night... I am just crossing my fingers that the SkateRadio stuff is back. I LOVED that at Spokane! I would be willing to pay!

Debbie S
08-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I emailed the LOC to ask when the schedule would be finalized, and Faryn said they expect to release the schedule this week. :cheer2:Woohoo! I imagine the schedule will still be tentative, since they can't do the exact timing until they have final numbers after Sectionals, but we should at least know what events are on what days.

Carolla5501
08-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Woohoo! I imagine the schedule will still be tentative, since they can't do the exact timing until they have final numbers after Sectionals, but we should at least know what events are on what days.

Couldn't you do... "longest" case situations.

That's what I would do, just assume that the max number from each sectional will advance, add in some "byes" for the Senior Level and plot from there.

Debbie S
08-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Couldn't you do... "longest" case situations.

That's what I would do, just assume that the max number from each sectional will advance, add in some "byes" for the Senior Level and plot from there.In the past, the exact schedule hasn't come out until late Nov (or later), after Sectionals. The schedule is done by the event referee, not the LOC. USFSA guidelines for referees and scheduling for qual events are pretty rigid. I think all the referee can do at this point is a tentative schedule just giving days, and maybe morning/aftn and event order - all subject to change, of course. :)

But we should know how they're going to schedule the dance events, now that there are 2 phases instead of 3 in Jr and Sr. And whether the Senior Men's final will be Sat or Sun. I'm hoping they'll give an exact start time for the exhibition.

Carolla5501
08-02-2010, 07:58 PM
In the past, the exact schedule hasn't come out until late Nov (or later), after Sectionals. The schedule is done by the event referee, not the LOC. USFSA guidelines for referees and scheduling for qual events are pretty rigid. I think all the referee can do at this point is a tentative schedule just giving days, and maybe morning/aftn and event order - all subject to change, of course. :)

But we should know how they're going to schedule the dance events, now that there are 2 phases instead of 3 in Jr and Sr. And whether the Senior Men's final will be Sat or Sun. I'm hoping they'll give an exact start time for the exhibition.

Well... some of the schedule is done by NBC, ABC, ESPN or whomever USFSA found to broadcast...:lol:

TanithandBenFan
08-02-2010, 08:20 PM
But we should know how they're going to schedule the dance events, now that there are 2 phases instead of 3 in Jr and Sr.

I keep forgetting there won't be a CD. That opens up the schedule on Wednesday. I hope they'll keep the OD on Thursday, so I won't have to worry about rushing from the airport to the arena on Wednesday.

Debbie S
08-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Well... some of the schedule is done by NBC, ABC, ESPN or whomever USFSA found to broadcast...:lol:It's NBC, and yes, for televised events, the broadcast schedule does dictate those parts of the event schedule. It's all in the rulebook. Either way, the referee is likely not going to be able to give an exact schedule right now.

shan
08-03-2010, 12:08 AM
The schedule is out.

http://www.northcarolina2011.com/schedule.html?j=24391449&e=shanon.v@gmail.com&l=16670608_HTML&u=279583309&mid=10046494&jb=0

HisWeirness
08-03-2010, 12:57 AM
Tentative Schedule

Sunday, January 23
SESSION 1:
Novice Compulsory Dance
Novice Ladies Short Program

SESSION 2:
Novice Men's Short Program
Novice Pairs Short Program

SESSION 3:Junior Men's Short Program

Monday, January 24
SESSION 4:
Novice Free Dance
Novice Ladies Free Skate

SESSION 5:
Novice Men's Free Skate
Novice Pairs Free Skate

SESSION 6:Junior Ladies Short Program

Tuesday, January 25
SESSION 7:Junior Short Dance

SESSION 8:Junior Men's Free Skate

Wednesday, January 26
SESSION 9:
Junior Pairs Short Program
Junior Free Dance

SESSION 10:
Junior Ladies Free Skate
Opening Ceremonies

Thursday, January 27
SESSION 11: Championship Pairs Short Program
SESSION 12: Championship Ladies Short Program

Friday, January 28
SESSION 13: Junior Pairs Free Skate
SESSION 14: Championship Short Dance
SESSION 15: Championship Men's Short Program

Saturday, January 29
11:30 a.m. - SESSION 16:
Championship Pairs Free Skate (Groups 1-3)
Championship Free Dance (Groups 1-2)

2:30 p.m. - SESSION 17:
Championship Pairs Free Skate (Groups 4-5)
Championship Free Dance (Groups 3-4)

6:45 p.m. - SESSION 18: Championship Ladies Free Skate

Sunday, January 30
1:30 p.m. - SESSION 19: Championship Men's Free Skate
7:00 p.m. - SESSION 20: U.S. Championships Skating Spectacular

Carolla5501
08-03-2010, 01:59 AM
As I expected... Men's will be ending fairly late Sunday if you want to fly out. Especially if you are flying out of Raleigh (where the cheaper flights tend to be)

But this schedule is SO much nicer then that mess from last year :) If I can't get there early at least I won't miss any of the Senior Events.

TanithandBenFan
08-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Wish they would've left the Junior Free Dance on Thursday. I hope it's late enough on Wednesday afternoon that my flight can get there in time. Bummed that I'm going to miss all of the Junior Men events. :(

HeatherC
08-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Wow, with my volunteer schedule this year, it doesn't look like I'll miss too much during this US Nats. Usually I miss all of the Novice events (and several practices) but with everything going back to a more normal schedule, and there only being two parts for Ice Dancing, I should be able to catch more of the senior practices and competition. I'm so excited to be going to the whole competition again! I loved being in Spokane last year but I hated having to leave halfway through everything and not seeing the whole competition. It's more fun to be there the whole time and really get the 'skating coma' that most fans usually get by the end of the week, LOL :P