PDA

View Full Version : 2011 US Nationals (Greensboro, NC) Information

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Nan
11-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Would I regret not having a car in that town which is not pedestrian friendly???

That's my question, too. :confused:

Carolla5501
11-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah, it's close enough for me to drive, but the truth is I am "working" while in Greensboro and the hours on the road would be hard to cover. (I work from my home when not at my company's office in California. So I am just going to make Greensboro "home" that week. I probably won't do many practices, but....)

peibeck
11-02-2010, 06:22 PM
When are you flying in?

I am flying in on Wednesday. The baggage fee on my airline is $25. :rolleyes: I am thinking of taking the metro-link to save on airport parking though.

Southwest actually had a slightly lower rate for airfare out of St. Louis, but a rental car would be necessary because they don't fly into Greensboro (it was $184 into Raleigh/Durham). Plus, all their connections were in northern locales. I managed to try and get my connections more southernly, in case of poor weather. (Another reason I hate flying, especially in winter!) :drama:

I will be renting a car when I get there as I'm not staying at one of the "official" hotels. I got a much better rate for a hotel months and months ago. :cheer: Plus between either AAA or my Entertainment coupon book, I anticipate I should be able to save some money on a rental car. When I was planning on driving I would have needed a nightly pit-stop too, but since I don't have family that way, it would probably have been about $200 in additional hotels and another $200 in gas, so between the airfare and car rental it is still costing me about the same, but I am saving a lot more time (plus wear-and-tear on my car).

YukiNieve
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed, but is weekend package sold out?
I cannot find the link for the tickets.

Carolla5501
11-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Did the math.. cheap hotel, rental car and flying into Raleigh comes up to about $200 cheaper then flying into GSO and staying at an "offical" hotel so.... Raleigh here I come :) (I have the Fairfield on an extended stay rate of around $69 a night)

sk9tingfan
11-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, it's close enough for me to drive, but the truth is I am "working" while in Greensboro and the hours on the road would be hard to cover. (I work from my home when not at my company's office in California. So I am just going to make Greensboro "home" that week. I probably won't do many practices, but....)

I'll be doing the same thing, so when you are slaving away, know that you'll have company! :P

Nan
11-02-2010, 07:32 PM
It's a two-and-a-half hour drive for me to St. Louis and a three hour drive to my daughter's house in Nashville, so I decided to look at flying out from Nashville. I got a flight for $176, get to leave my car at the kid's house, a ride to and from the airport in Nashville and some face time with the kid. AND I don't have to worry about driving cross-country in January, also less wear-and-tear on me and the car. The plane connects in Charlotte, so as long as there are no ice storms, I should be all right.

I will be renting a car when I get there as I'm not staying at one of the "official" hotels.

Which means I can tap you if I want a ride somewhere (like the Grove Winery, maybe), right????? ;) I'll buy dinner!

YukiNieve
11-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed, but is weekend package sold out?
I cannot find the link for the tickets.

I found it. :)

peibeck
11-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Which means I can tap you if I want a ride somewhere (like the Grove Winery, maybe), right????? ;) I'll buy dinner!

I think I can be talked into that. ;)

Nan
11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I think I can be talked into that. ;)

:D