PDA

View Full Version : 2011 US Nationals (Greensboro, NC) Information

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

HisWeirness
10-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Great now they post this, I wouldn't have bought a ticket for the Men's SP and well as the weekend package, as they have never included SPs in the weekend package before, regardless of what night the event took place. :wall:
Yes, it was annoying that they did not post this on the NC2011 website or on Ticketmaster back when they split the schedule into sessions. I think they got "stuck" having to give the weekend package the Mens SP because they promised a Friday evening event in that package. The Friday evening event wound up being Mens SP.

I had to call them to find out. It was not posted anywhere when individual tickets went on sale (Sept. 17 and earlier).

I contacted the ticket folks and they told me that the "weekend package" includes the last 6 sessions, so sessions 15-20 (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2833936&postcount=57), starting with the Men's SP. You should definitely call them (http://www.northcarolina2011.com/contact.html) to confirm this before purchasing individual tickets to fill-out your package.

The main website (http://www.northcarolina2011.com/schedule.html) has prices up and says the individual event tickets go on sale September 17, but as flutzilla1 pointed out, ticketmaster has a pre-sale date listed of August 27.

Satellitegirl
10-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Great now they post this, I wouldn't have bought a ticket for the Men's SP and well as the weekend package, as they have never included SPs in the weekend package before, regardless of what night the event took place. :wall:

Ebay :)

DORISPULASKI
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know when the all event tickets will be mailed out, roughly?

TanithandBenFan
10-04-2010, 04:13 PM

They usually come no earlier than late November. Most years I've gotten them in December.

DORISPULASKI
10-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Thank you TanithandBenFan.

peibeck
10-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Ebay :)

I'll probably try on here first. No extra fee to have to pay ;), plus it might be easier to sell a single ticket here than on ebay.

HisWeirness
10-27-2010, 03:59 PM

Just got an email from NC2011 folks regarding when package tickets will be mailed:

Tickets purchased as part of a Ticket Package will be mailed in late December. In this regard, it is imperative that you contact us if your mailing address changes between now and December 15.

Tickets will be shipped to your attention in late December using US Postal Service delivery.

An All-Session Parking Pass in now available for purchase through Ticketmaster.com.

Applicable service fees apply.

FanFest and Practices

A one-of-a-kind FanFest will be held at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex from January 25th-30th. This event, which is free and open to the public, will be your chance to interact with the sport that you love.

Practices will also take place at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex and are free to the public. Package purchasers will receive preferred seating at the practice venue by showing their tickets.

JamieElena
10-27-2010, 04:01 PM
They usually come no earlier than late November. Most years I've gotten them in December.

just got this email from 2011 U.S. Figure Skating Championships:

Tickets will be shipped to your attention in late December using US Postal Service delivery.

Also there was this about Fanfest, free practices and preferred seating for all-event ticket holders:

A one-of-a-kind FanFest will be held at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex from January 25th-30th. This event, which is free and open to the public, will be your chance to interact with the sport that you love.
Practices will also take place at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex and are free to the public. Package purchasers will receive preferred seating at the practice venue by showing their tickets.
We look forward to seeing you at the Greensboro Coliseum in January!

Satellitegirl
10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
I wonder if my tickets will be shipped as well....I bought them International Will Call as that's the only way I could get them online at the time, but I got an email saying they would be mailed as well. I may call them.

HisWeirness
10-27-2010, 05:16 PM
For those of you that have not booked flights to Greensboro (GSO) or Raleigh-Durham (RDU) yet, there are some great airfare sales going on right now on the east coast for the Jan 23-31 period. ;)
American, Delta, US Airways, Southwest (RDU only), Jet Blue (RDU only), etc.

http://www.travelzoo.com/airfare/north-america/

maureenfarone
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Just got an email from NC2011 folks regarding when package tickets will be mailed:

FanFest and Practices

Anyone know what the LOC is getting at with the comments about preferred seating at the practice venue? All the Nationals I've attended had open seating at practices for all event ticket holders. This seems like it must be a change but I'm not sure if its good or bad:confused:

skipaway
11-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Anyone know what the LOC is getting at with the comments about preferred seating at the practice venue? All the Nationals I've attended had open seating at practices for all event ticket holders. This seems like it must be a change but I'm not sure if its good or bad:confused:

"All event ticket" holders get preferred seating over the "general public" who don't have tickets but want to come and view a practice.

acraven
11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I imagine they will have temporary bleachers in the practice facility, likely on only one side of the rink. Perhaps they are going to restrict the most central seats to all-event ticket holders?

It's annoying when you've purchased an expensive all-event ticket and can't find a place to sit at the secondary venue (which happened for the novice events at the Winterhurst rink in Cleveland in 2000, and for some events at the Convention Center in Spokane in 2007), or get stuck back in Row 15 nowhere near the middle of the rink because seating is limited to one side of the rink and the best seats (in the middle, behind the judges) are blocked off.

The problems I cited above involved actual competitive sessions, though, not practices. Perhaps Greensboro is just being very cautious, or they expect a lot of school groups to attend practices.

DORISPULASKI
11-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe it just means that if you want to sit in your regular seat in the main arena, you have the right to evict a member of the general public squatting in your seat?

TanithandBenFan
11-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Maybe it just means that if you want to sit in your regular seat in the main arena, you have the right to evict a member of the general public squatting in your seat?

I hope not. I've had this happen on a few occasions over the years where people tried to tell me I had to move from their seat during practices. But the practice passes always clearly state "General Admission" - a fact some people liked to ignore and chose instead to cop an attitude. The beauty of practices is being able to sit wherever you want.