PDA

View Full Version : "V" - the new 2009 tv series...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

Twilight1
11-26-2009, 02:31 AM
I can't wait to see the plan for stupidson. Also sooooooooo looking forward to the disclosure of their 'plan' for the rest of earth. Wheeeeeeee!

allezfred
11-26-2009, 11:17 PM
The first series very clearly had the Nazi parallel.

The first series literally hit us over the head with it.

This new series is much more sinister. :yikes:

BigB08822
11-28-2009, 04:25 AM
So I know that no one can really answer this for me but maybe someone can give me a good guess. My boyfriend said he and his sister loved this show when they were little. I had never heard of it until now so I don't know anything of it. I have learned that there was a Miniseries, a movie called Final Battle and then a television series that lasted only one season. I believe in that order. I am thinking my boyfriend is talking about the television series because he was born in 1982, I think the miniseries was in 1983? But he also seems quite young to have watched the tv series which was probably around 1985? The reason I am asking is because Amazon has all 3 of these on sale for $10 a piece. I could easily get him one and meet our stocking budget of $20 for Christmas. I just don't have a clue as to which one. I asked him and he doesn't know either. LOL! Anyone remember which was more popular? What do you all remember the most, the series or the mini series?

Buzz
11-28-2009, 04:34 AM
My personal favourite was the mini series but unless I am mistake the tv series picked up where the mini series left off.

PrincessLeppard
11-28-2009, 05:42 AM
I think "Final Battle" is the series condensed down to like three hours, making it even crappier. :P I'd get the mini-series.

Bostonfan
11-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Definitely get the TWO miniseries. The 1st (I don't recall how long it is) is the original miniseries that ends with the resistance coming together. Then it spawned the 2nd miniseries "The Final Battle" that provided a conclusion as to how the humans oust the Visitors. Those are worth purchasing.

I never followed the TV series that came out after "The Final Battle", but from what I heard it was pretty lame.

Twilight1
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
I loved the character Elizabeth and did watch the series on TV. I bought both sets, but don't have the actual series. Would love to get that sometime.

Buzz
11-28-2009, 05:12 PM
In some ways the original series was pretty good maybe even better than the revamped new series. It most certainly had it's own charm. But kinda lost it's way towards the end. I remember there were two brothers in the last series, one was a doctor, while the other was the "black sheep" of the family. I loved what the original series did with these two, and I loved the family of scientist whose daughter bratyson was crazy for. Too bad those characters are not in this show but I am sooo looking forward to seeing what the creators of the new series has instore for us come April next year. :D Get the original mini-series if you can, it will help you to understand the series better.

Spiralgraph
11-28-2009, 05:17 PM
I bought the original miniseries and the second miniseries last year from Amazon. Loved both of them. By the time they tried to make V a regular weekly TV series it went downhill very fast. I still prefer Jane Badler's Diana to this new Anna...

To show how lame the TV series V had gotten and how campy, they had Diana have a "love" interest called Charles. I think she killed him soon thereafter! (This was barely a year or two after THE Diana and Charles had wed in the UK)

Stick to the original two miniseries and you and your BF won't be disappointed.

BigB08822
11-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

HeatherC
11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
*makes a note to visit Amazon and put the V miniseries DVDs on her wish list* :D

BigB08822
11-29-2009, 07:03 AM
I saw the V mini series and stuff at Walmart for $10 as well! So if you want this and don't want to pay shipping or wait, check out your local Walmart. They had the mini series, the Final Battle and the tv series. One of them was around $13 (I think the TV series) but the other two were only $10.

laurenjm
11-29-2009, 04:33 PM
I was somewhat hooked on the first V series, but to rewind again! NO

HeatherC
03-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Did anyone else catch the recap episode tonight? It really laid things out very clearly for anyone to get caught up on the show so far and definitely helped refresh my memory as someone who watched the first four episodes. I'm now way excited for this show to be coming back next week. I wondered if I would still be ready to see the show after I heard about how long it was going to be off the air last fall but that recap episode lit my fire again. I LOVE this show and I can't wait to see what's next! :biggrinbo

BTW-They're airing two episodes of V on ABC this weekend (I think they're on from 8-10 PM EST) just in case anyone wants to get caught up on the show. :D

BaileyCatts
03-24-2010, 03:27 AM
I was taping Lost to watch later and luckily I checked the onscreen guide to see what was on at 10p (and woulda missed that Lost ran over by 6 minutes!) so I got it taped. I was half paying attention since I knew I would be watching later and boy I don't remember half of that stuff! Its a good thing they have been running these recap shows for V and FlashForward so I can get caught up! And I hope they never do this freaking "split season" ever again! Way to hard trying to stay fresh with what's going on.

Thanks for the heads up about Saturday! Will definitely catch those also.