PDA

View Full Version : "V" - the new 2009 tv series...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

genevieve
11-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Just got caught up. I'm still very into the show, although it is definitely a bit cheesy. Knew the minute we saw him that the healer working with Erica's partner would be in the resistance, and also knew that the would-be assassin was a V set-up. But I'm ok with that, as I like how the show is unfolding. They're definitely demonstrating how confusing it is to not be able to trust ANYONE. I still hate Tyler, but will learn to live with him I guess. Very nice setting up the meeting of the core 4 of the resistance at the end of the epi.

I kind of wonder what happened in the meeting with Anna and Ms Faulkner. We saw Anna practice a speech, but I kind of wonder if she pulled some sort of V mind meld or "connection" that cause the woman to change her story. It was too creepy that she got led away into a stairwell and then came out all pro-V.

rfisher
11-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Resistance is futile.

Twilight1
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM
I know Diana pulled all kinds of stunts (on the Original show) on the resistance and they are so into experiments that I could see them using a form of hypnosis (V-style) for her to change her story in this version. I told my husband to not even bother watching the show yet as it isn't coming back on for a couple months. We have them all, so far, saved on our DVR though so we will watch them through again when it restarts up.

HeatherC
11-25-2009, 02:15 AM
We need an EMT to the church STAT to save the hot priest!! :yikes: :fragile:

OK, that was the one moment that took me by surprise tonight because I didn't see it coming and I'm SO BUMMED out that we don't get this show again until March. I've enjoyed the journey and I'm not that patient to see what's coming next. *sigh* :( Anyway, here's a few other thoughts I have from tonight's ep. I saw that pregnancy coming for Ryan and his woman before she went to the healing center but that has mad potential to lead to another great birth scene like the one from the first series so I don't mind this at all. ;) Finding out Jack was in Iraq as some kind of combat chaplain explains a little of how he can take care of himself in fights so well. Erica is still all kinds of :kickass: although her son Tyler is still a bit of a tool. Teenagers in love...what can you do?! That boy is toast on the ship though, LOL ;) I love the high ranking medic guy as part of the Fifth Column and I hope he has more to do when the show comes back. I'm VERY glad they didn't show the 'skinning' punishment. :yikes: Loved the twist of the V's putting whatever they want to use on humans in the flu shot instead of in their vitamin shot and Erica is right....humans won't think anything of the flu shot but will be all freaked out over some random vitamin shot from the Visitors. Did the original have that Bliss thing that all the V's and their followers enjoyed at the end of tonight's ep? I don't remember that and I assume it's something new. It was really odd but I can see how Anna asserts her power over everyone through it. And for the record, she has definitely moved into the more creepy vein which just makes me even more anxious for this show to come back in the spring. I'm going to panic for three months while we wait to find out if the priest makes it! :yikes:

ssminnow
11-25-2009, 02:19 AM
I didn't see this very clearly around when Father Jack was stabbed...is it confirmed that the older priest is a V? I heard his name being called or something.

HeatherC
11-25-2009, 02:28 AM
I didn't see this very clearly around when Father Jack was stabbed...is it confirmed that the older priest is a V? I heard his name being called or something.

I think Jack thought the older priest had come back to the church. He heard that noise and thought someone else was there with him. He assumed it was the older priest but it turned out to be the guy who stabbed him. I don't know about everyone else but I'm about 90% sure that the older priest is a V but that hasn't been confirmed or really implied at all yet.

Orable
11-25-2009, 02:30 AM
I think Jack will be fine. I was mourning the hot, skinned 5th Column V. What a horrific way to go :yikes:

PrincessLeppard
11-25-2009, 02:33 AM
So, did anyone else think the V doctor and the guy who got skinned were a couple? Too bad we couldn't see more of that. They were both kinda pretty. :)

Buzz
11-25-2009, 03:33 AM
Yeah, we absolutely cannot lose the hottie priest! And those two V doctors were not bad either. :hat1: I am gonna miss this show. :(

Orable
11-25-2009, 04:09 AM
I totally got a homoerotic subtext with them. And it was hot. :grope: Tragic that Main Doctor had to off his lover/friend/second-in-command/son :wuzrobbed

So, did anyone else think the V doctor and the guy who got skinned were a couple? Too bad we couldn't see more of that. They were both kinda pretty. :)

BaileyCatts
11-26-2009, 01:25 AM
:shuffle: uhm .... if they aren't really humans, and they are like wearing the human skins as like a costume, what would skinning them really do if they peel off the human skin? Aren't they appearing like humans cause that's why the inhabitants of Earth look like? :confused: Oh, and what the hell was with the 10,000 ships out in outer space at the very end! I was still too shocked about hottie priest getting stabbed to pay attention.

rfisher
11-26-2009, 01:27 AM
That was the reason Anna told stupidhumankid it was just the beginning.

BaileyCatts
11-26-2009, 01:29 AM
^^ oooohhhhhhh. Now I get it. I'm slow. :P

Buzz
11-26-2009, 01:40 AM
This show opens up soooo many possibilities! If you replace the V with the Germans, think WW2, Germany invaded neighbouring small states at first. It was the beginning of something much bigger. I am thinking Earth as one of those small states, and just the first of many worlds they plan on conquering. LOL But why experiment on us? I have not figured that one out just yet. hehehehe

PrincessLeppard
11-26-2009, 01:42 AM
The first series very clearly had the Nazi parallel. And as for what they are up to...if you didn't see the original, I won't spoil it for you. ;)