PDA

View Full Version : "V" - the new 2009 tv series...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

genevieve
11-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Older Priest is being so clearly set up as a V that I'm thinking he won't end up being one :P

I can't shake the feeling that "Mal", the female FBI agent who questions Father Jack, is a V, only because that actress was one of the final 5 on Battlestar Galactica (and the bitchiest one). I can't picture her being on the side of humans. :P

Love the interactions between Erica and Father Jack, but my main emotional investment in the show is about Ryan. I so want him to find the other rebel lizards and help the resistance. And I want his hottie fiancee to be ok!

I continue to be impressed by how much Morena Baccarin can convey in one serene expression. and how lizard-like her flawless face can appear.

Tyler is a complete loser. Not interesting and not good looking either. Even his goofball friend is more compelling. Also don't care about his would-be gf Lisa. And I'm wondering what makes him think that underneath his mattress is a good hiding place for his V-Cadet uniform, as I'm guessing his mom makes his bed (teenage boys do not make their beds that nicely with sheets out of a Pottery Barn catalog).

Buzz
11-18-2009, 01:36 AM
Is everyone on this episode speaking alien or is there something wrong with the audio?

rfisher
11-18-2009, 01:59 AM
A couple of big plot holes. How would you walk into a strange room with aliens all around and stand there without worrying someone would walk in? And a room with all the alien technology and an ordinary light switch on the wall? :lol:

HeatherC
11-18-2009, 02:10 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who had a few jaw dropping moments tonight. :yikes: I was surprised to find out that guy who was supposedly helping Dale heal from his injuries is part of that Fifth Column resistance group of V's and I was also surprised that Lisa is Anna's daughter. I had read that Lisa had a bigger role on the show than had been implied so far but I didn't see that one coming! And what do they actually want with Tyler? Not that he's my fave character or anything but it sounds sinister and that's just good fun. ;)

I'm probably the only one who'll say this but I'm still very into this show and can't wait for next week. I think they're placing things plot wise for the next 'pod' of shows in the spring and I'm very intrigued with what the V's are up to with the testing we saw in the promo. I bet next week is some sort of cliffhanger and hopefully it's awesome. I REALLY hope people are willing to come back to the show when it returns in March. That's my biggest worry with this show and I'm tired of seeing shows that I really enjoy fade off into the sunset, especially ones that have a ton of potential. :yikes:

And I enjoyed the light switch. Hey, I guess aliens need light too, LOL :rofl: That screen with all the various scenes on it that Erica saw was all kinds of :kickass: though. Wow! Can you imagine looking at that?! I got dizzy watching it on my TV, LOL :lol:

rfisher
11-18-2009, 02:21 AM
And what do they actually want with Tyler? Not that he's my fave character or anything but it sounds sinister and that's just good fun. ;)

:

Did you not see the original series? If not, I won't tell you. :sekret:

Buzz
11-18-2009, 02:25 AM
I loved it and disappointed that next week will be the last episode for months and not sure how that will impact the show's chances of success. Especially given tvland's unwillingness to spend money on non reality based tv shows.

rfisher
11-18-2009, 02:28 AM
I loved it and disappointed that next week will be the last episode for months and not sure how that will impact the show's chances of success. Especially given tvland's unwillingness to spend money on non reality based tv shows.

They didn't plan to compete with the Olympics and will bring it back during spring sweeps.

HeatherC
11-18-2009, 02:48 AM

Oh I did and I LOVED the original series but I don't remember all the details because I was pretty young and I didn't get to watch the entire marathon that SyFy ran a couple weeks ago although I wanted to VERY badly, LOL ;) Don't tell me though because I definitely want to be surprised by whatever happens next! :biggrinbo

I'm glad I'm not the only one still enjoying this show and hopefully ABC puts out the massive promo attack like they did prior to the debut a few weeks ago so it keeps the series in everyone's minds. I think they'll promo the heck out of this show during Lost and Flashforward and hopefully that helps. This show deserves a chance. :respec: And IIRC, the original plan was to DEBUT the show as a midseason replacement in 2010 but the pilot got such great reviews that they moved the debut up to November 2009. I consider these four episodes a nice sneak peak before they get to the really awesome stuff in the spring. :D

manhn
11-18-2009, 04:13 AM
The pizza place where the annoying son and the blonde alien met was filmed in one of my fave coffeeshops in Vancouver. It is in Gastown if you are in the area.

The priest and Juliet from Lost are smoking hot.

annie44
11-18-2009, 04:39 AM
Is everyone on this episode speaking alien or is there something wrong with the audio?

I'm having the same problem, watching on CTV Edmonton.

Twilight1
11-18-2009, 12:31 PM

But this a role reversal is it not? I don't quite remember it like 'this'...:lol:

rfisher
11-18-2009, 01:22 PM
But this a role reversal is it not? I don't quite remember it like 'this'...:lol:

It would appear. They like changing things around. :lol:

HeatherC
11-18-2009, 02:27 PM
It would appear. They like changing things around. :lol:

They're definitely keeping us on our toes with this show, LOL :lol: :rollin: :watch:

Twilight1
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Well I am glad they aren't staying to the old storyline, in the grand scheme of things it really was crap. Good crap, but crap nonetheless... ;)

Editted to add, if he has to deal with what we think he has to deal with then it is great comeuppance for being an idiot... :lol:

Skate Talker
11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Aw - he's too valuable as a cameraman to meet that fate.