PDA

View Full Version : "V" - the new 2009 tv series...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Twilight1
11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm giving it a chance because I LOVED the original so much. I also miss Jane Badler's Diana. She sizzled on that show IMO. After Elizabeth, she was my favourite character.

genevieve
11-08-2009, 06:40 AM
I loved the original. I really did. But I'm glad they're using that as a departure point, because 1) it's already well known and 2) it was incredibly cheesy. Yes, the pilot was a bit rushed and there was too much crammed in there - but was there ANYONE who tuned in to the show who hadn't already heard that the Visitors are lizards? Even the promo materials for the show have Anna with lizard eyes. The cat's already out of the bag, so I'm glad they didn't try to pretend otherwise for several episodes.

Elizabeth Mitchell and the young priest are obviously the focus of the show, and that's fine with me. We'll get Scott Wolf and his relationship with the Vs, and Erica's son Tyler (who's the only real misstep here - I found nothing likeable or even sympathetic about the kid at all) with the cross-species love triangle. Very intrigued by Ryan (Morris Chestnut) and his role in the resistance. And how he will balance that with his life w/ his fiancee.

Aside from Tyler, I think the show has stellar casting. I even like Scott Wolf - I think he's kinda perfect as the tv newscaster who struggles between being the Vs' lapdog and being a real journalist. And Morena Baccarin looks FAB. I swear she managed to look very lizardlike with some of those camera angles and her face is annoyingly flawless :lol:

allezfred
11-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I loved the original. I really did. But I'm glad they're using that as a departure point, because 1) it's already well known and 2) it was incredibly cheesy.

Yeah, I watched some of the original on Youtube again just to make sure I hadn't watched something different to those who were saying how brilliant the script had been. And umm, can I say "rose-coloured glasses"? ;)

Twilight1
11-08-2009, 02:54 PM
All I can say is thank gawd Marc Singer isn't in this remake of the show...

I am also completely annoyed by how flawless Anna's face is... ;)

Fergus
11-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I am also completely annoyed by how flawless Anna's face is... ;)

She really is exquisite.

I love the V's constant "I know you're the one who farted, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone" look on their faces.

Hmmm, Scott Wolf is married to Kelley from MTV's "Real World: New Orleans". The only person I remember from that show was the cutie pie gay boy with the military boyfriend. She must have been the perky blonde.

susan6
11-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I love the V's constant "I know you're the one who farted, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone" look on their faces.

:lol:
I've been trying to think about how to describe the serene and secretive look they have, and yeah....you nailed it. Of course, now I won't be able to watch the show without laughing.....

Buzz
11-11-2009, 01:05 AM
The invasion is here again. LOL I love the fact that in Joel Gretsch I have a sexy actor I can lust after without feeling like a dirty old woman. hehehehe

rfisher
11-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Odds that the old priest is a lizard?

HeatherC
11-11-2009, 01:26 AM
I've all ready jumped twice tonight and we're only a half hour in, LOL :lol: (And I think the senior priest is an alien too along with a few of those FBI people.)

I love this show. :D

"You're a freaking priest?!!" -Line of the night :rofl:

Buzz
11-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I've all ready jumped twice tonight and we're only a half hour in, LOL :lol: (And I think the senior priest is an alien too along with a few of those FBI people.)

I love this show. :D

"You're a freaking priest?!!" -Line of the night :rofl:

My thoughts exactly! :respec:

CDANN1013
11-11-2009, 02:08 AM
I agree with everyone who thinks the old priest is a lizard. Will I get kicked out of the Catholic Church if I want the priest and the FBI agent to get together? Sorry I don't know the names yet.

Carol

HeatherC
11-11-2009, 02:14 AM
I agree with everyone who thinks the old priest is a lizard. Will I get kicked out of the Catholic Church if I want the priest and the FBI agent to get together? Sorry I don't know the names yet.

Carol

I don't think so. ;) I also don't think you're the only one who likes Jack and Erica together. They have a great chemistry and I love how they play off one another. Joel Grietsh and Elizabeth Mitchell are all kinds of awesome. :kickass:

I liked tonight's episode almost more than last week's because it was a little slower paced but at the same time, it kept up the intensity and action from the premiere. I seriously jumped about three times at different points (the shower scene got me good! :yikes: ) and you really don't know who you can trust. I love that about this version. It keeps you guessing and everyone is a suspect. I'm enjoying this show so much and I can't wait for next week's episode! :rollin:

jayta
11-11-2009, 07:11 AM
I can't say I want any pairings just yet. I think it was hilarious that there was 4400 on the wall (shoutout to JG's time on that show that shouldn't have been cancelled :() But alas, only my sci-fi geekiness would allow that.

Anyways, I'm TOTALLY in agreement over TYLER! OMGOSH! I want him to die. I want one of those scaly lizards to wipe that stupid arrogant look on his face when talking to his mother who has taken care of him whilst his father took off, and the only other second look on his face where he is googly eyed at the blonde lizard person!

I swears I wanted him dead the moment he opened his mouth. He's not even hot! :rolleyes:

Overall I'm enjoying the show. I never saw the original so I don't know a lot about it. But they've cast well. And I like the mix of action and creepy sci-finess.

Not a huge fan of SW. But I'm sure I can live with it.

I mean the whole show you're wondering who the heck ISN'T a lizard! I too am thinking that the old priest guy is a lizard!

I don't think I want Erica and the priest to hook up though. Just doesn't work for me. I'd love it if his 'ex partner' from The 4400 were to show up or something...that would slay me! :lol:

Fergus
11-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Tyler, you brat, the planet has been invaded by aliens and your mom says "I love you" - SAY IT BACK!!! Brainwashed by alien flirting......

Old priest has got to be a V....or else its a very obvious set-up for no reason.

But I suppose you're also supposed to be wondering about Erica's boss (Paul?) and her curly-haired co-worker.

In or out of church drag, Father Jack is :swoon:

By the way its situated against the Empire State Building, the mother-ship is definitely supposed to be over my apartment. Dammit, I already don't get enough natural light in my bathroom!!!! :mad:

Wyliefan
11-11-2009, 03:50 PM
By the way its situated against the Empire State Building, the mother-ship is definitely supposed to be over my apartment. Dammit, I already don't get enough natural light in my bathroom!!!! :mad:

:lol:

Had to go out last night and missed all but the last five minutes, but these mini-recaps are almost as good as actually watching the show!