PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

FunnyBut
01-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I liked Jake last season until his infamous 'balconey crying scene' which looked like something out of a bad soap opera. Then we come to find out that he once was a soap opera actor, and I became skeptical that his purpose for being on the show was to get back into showbiz. One of the other bachelors last season even called him out on it.

Pilots are often thought to be dashing, but the truth is that many pilots are paid very low wage , its a system that requires a long seniority to get to a good place. It wouldn't be surprised if those lady pilots outranked Jake, and he didn't want them to threaten his status as the all desirable bachelor.

I do think he is :grope:, so I'll continue to watch.

Rob
01-07-2010, 01:39 AM
I liked Jake last season until his infamous 'balconey crying scene' which looked like something out of a bad soap opera.

I read that as "baloney crying scene" - which also works.

PeterG
01-07-2010, 05:39 AM
I think he's sincere...

I think Jake thinks that he's sincere.

And I agree with you both in that Jake is sincere much in the way that a Ken doll is sincere. And very constant in that sincerity...

P.S. Please give us more of that life-long very well-rehearsed sincerity in shirtless form. Much thanks.

icedance21
01-07-2010, 07:55 AM

And I agree with you both in that Jake is sincere much in the way that a Ken doll is sincere. And very constant in that sincerity...

P.S. Please give us more of that life-long very well-rehearsed sincerity in shirtless form. Much thanks.
He seems somewhat sincere to me. I didn't watch the Bachelorette last season until way after Jake was eliminated. I just can't figure it out...how is it that a man with his looks has never had luck with the ladies (or so he claims)? He must either be extremely picky or there's some characteristic about him not yet revealed on television that scares potential future wives away.

marbri
01-07-2010, 01:36 PM

I think I can settle here, very good description of him. A Ken doll, very plastic, nice chest, no balls ;)

Rob
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM

That hits the nail on the head.

professordeb
01-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I thought that perhaps he didn't keep the female pilots for a totally different reason. It seems to me that he's kind of old-fashioned in his thinking and would prefer to have a wife that would be home more often than someone who is continually flying. I would think that having two pilots in the family would make for very little home time together and if Jake wants a wife, family and all that goes with it ... you kind of need some quality time together to have that take place. Just my loonie's worth :)

PeterG
01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
It's interesting how after reading everyone's posts, I am about to both defend AND slam Jake... :lol:

I just can't figure it out...how is it that a man with his looks has never had luck with the ladies (or so he claims)? He must either be extremely picky or there's some characteristic about him not yet revealed on television that scares potential future wives away.

Jake is unlucky in that he has yet to get... EXACTLY. WHAT. HE. WANTS. ...in a woman. My guess is that he has left a lot of INCREDIBLE women along the way that most men would have KILLED for.

That hits the nail on the head.

So you agree with Jake's delusion-ness, or my request for more shirtlessness? :P :D

I thought that perhaps he didn't keep the female pilots for a totally different reason. It seems to me that he's kind of old-fashioned in his thinking and would prefer to have a wife that would be home more often than someone who is continually flying. I would think that having two pilots in the family would make for very little home time together and if Jake wants a wife, family and all that goes with it ... you kind of need some quality time together to have that take place. Just my loonie's worth :)

And here's where I defend our sweet ol' beefy Ken-doll.

Perhaps Jake did not keep either of the pilots around because:

- he did not have anything in common with them (other than sharing a love of aviation)
- they did not share similar long-term life goals
- they were not as assertive as other women in trying to get to know him
- they were not as interesting or intelligent or as __________ as the other women
- he was not physically attracted to them (as he was with some of the other ladies)
- he saw how they related to other women that night and didnít like what he saw
- who knows how many other reason Jake might have had (the producers said that other than being pilots, they were boring and told him to drop them?? ;))

I also donít think that because he happened to not select the two pilots means that he does not like strong women. Weíve only seen the first episode, after all.

I now return you to your regular Jake-bashing program. :D

merrywidow
01-07-2010, 06:53 PM
My guess for Jake not keeping the women pilots around is much simpler than some offered. I see him as very possessive & he wouldn't be able to stand having a wife who was traveling around the country or the world without him right beside & monitoring her every move.

Jenny
01-07-2010, 09:03 PM

My guess for Jake not keeping the women pilots around is much simpler than some offered. I see him as very possessive & he wouldn't be able to stand having a wife who was traveling around the country or the world without him right beside & monitoring her every move.

Neither of these reasons do him much credit.

If I was one of the other bachelorettes, I would be taking it as a bad indicator of what he wants in a relationship.

bobalina77
01-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I lost a bit of respect for him when he said that he would give up flying if he had to for the woman he loved. I thought that was kinda sad. If flying is supposedly his passion then he shouldn't be willing to give it up for anyone cause if he does he's gonna end up resenting them eventually. That's just silly to me.

Jenny
01-08-2010, 03:09 PM
btw, for those who haven't read Chris' blog - Jake does not drive a motorcycle, and was actually a bit uncomfortable doing it. Guess they had to get their Top Gun moment!

Rob
01-08-2010, 03:19 PM
So you agree with Jake's delusion-ness, or my request for more shirtlessness? :P :D

Both.

PeterG
01-08-2010, 06:09 PM
btw, for those who haven't read Chris' blog - Jake does not drive a motorcycle, and was actually a bit uncomfortable doing it. Guess they had to get their Top Gun moment!

Interesting. He appeared to be a natural straddler to me.

:)

mikemba
01-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Perhaps Jake did not keep either of the pilots around because:

- he did not have anything in common with them (other than sharing a love of aviation)
- they did not share similar long-term life goals

I agree that just because a woman is a pilot doesn't necessarily mean that she and Jake are a good match. If there had been only one pilot it simply could have been a lack of chemistry, etc. But what I find to be more than coincidence is that --

- there were three women who were pilots (two professionals and one who may just be recreational) and he kept none of them.

-he kept women who displayed very little-girlish qualities: Tenley (1st impression rose recipient who had a little girl's voice and demeanor), Kathryn, the flight attendant who wore a pre-schooler's dance recital costume to the meet-and-greet, Vienna who repeatedly came off as an airhead, etc.

:blah: Jake