PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

marbri
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM
I think Reality Steve, and what an idiot that guy is ( as whorish and ridiculous as the show he ridicules), took an ego hit last season when it was obvious his information stopped when Wes was booted. He gets his info from Texas. The star plank this season is from Texas. If he's kind to Jake in his reviews then I would guess his info comes from Jake. I don't go to his site to give him the hits so I can't judge anymore.

soxxy
Yeah that whole set up was a little weird. They made it seem like she's been telling her son all about Jake and how they're gonna fall madly in love and all live happily ever after. The kid wants to be a pilot (how convenient) and he supposedly gave Jake his favourite plane. It doesn't seem like a very healthy situation.

That's it! That's the one (although I could swear someone else has a kid). Pu-hleez don't bring the kid(s) on the show.

ETA: Three? Thanks, Catherine M.

Jenny
So, I do see the parallel with Jake: I think impressing women with his pilot status is too much a part of his identity to risk losing with a woman who flies planes, or even one who rides Harleys and wants to take over the controls of his plane for a few minutes.

Sadly I agree with you and marbri - I'm just disappointed in him for being so weak.

mikemba
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm just disappointed in him for being so weak.

Me too!

marbri
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Good point! I actually thought there was a similar reason why Deanna jumped Jeremy although they seemed an ideal match on paper: both were attractive, seemingly nice people; she was a realtor and he, a real estate attorney; both knew the sorrow of losing at least one parent.

But Deanna made the fact that she had lost a parent the defining thing about her. In retrospect, it now seems obvious that she wouldn't choose someone who had a similar tragedy because she would have lost the thing that she seemed to consider made her most unique.

So, I do see the parallel with Jake: I think impressing women with his pilot status is too much a part of his identity to risk losing with a woman who flies planes, or even one who rides Harleys and wants to take over the controls of his plane for a few minutes.

Yes. Those two very much attention whores who like to play the poor me card. Was never going to work ;)

soxxy
01-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Given this talk about Jake's "pilot hangup," from where did the "good guys finish last/good guys finish first" lines originate? It wasn't due to Deanna's rejection, was it? Didn't he come into her season already with that attitude?

Rob
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
I think he had that mantra long before Jillian rejected him.

soxxy
01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
I think he had that mantra long before Jillian rejected him.

Okay, I'm going to have to stop with this show soon, and it's a good thing the Olympics will NECESSARILY prevent me from watching it....because I'm beginning to imagine that someone once told him he's bad in bed, and he's going to confess it through tears, and that airplaines have sticks (ugh),and I dont want to think about that at all! :scream:

marbri
01-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Pretty girls and boys with little to no personality that they resort to spouting insincere lines they think they should be saying are often told "it's not you, it's me, you are wonderful, nice and sweet and someday some lucky girl or boy is going to snatch you up and I'll be kicking myself" because no one likes to kick puppies.

I suspect this has happened a lot to Jake in his life and it probably didn't help dispell the myth (in his case) that nice guys finish last when Jillian's Ed turned out to have a messy closet and she stuck by him. Jake will read that one way whereas the reality is Jillian was bored to death by pretty, insincere Jake.

Jenny
01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I think he's sincere - I just think that Jillian wanted more of a bad boy (thus her attraction to the cowboy singer), and that under it all, her own insecurities made her scared of a seemingly perfect guy. Note that she eliminated him before she'd have to meet his family.

As for the nice guys lines, that's likely coming from his mother, soothing him after all those first dates.

bobalina77
01-06-2010, 05:45 PM
The "affair" is confirmed:

'Bachelor producer sleeps with contestant (http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/100105_bachelor_producer_affair_MH)

Rob
01-06-2010, 06:12 PM
And like Reality Steve predicted, he never uses the 3-letter word!

Cruella
01-06-2010, 06:50 PM
If Reality Steve's prediction of the winner is correct, I don't think I can :scream: fast enough!

bobalina77
01-06-2010, 06:54 PM
If Reality Steve's prediction of the winner is correct, I don't think I can :scream: fast enough!

As long as it's not crazy Michelle..

So are we taking bets on who slept with the producer? My guess is Miss "I was a virgin till I got married and I haven't kissed anyone in a looooong time" Tenley. Only cause it would be funny :P

marbri
01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I think he's sincere - I just think that Jillian wanted more of a bad boy (thus her attraction to the cowboy singer), and that under it all, her own insecurities made her scared of a seemingly perfect guy. Note that she eliminated him before she'd have to meet his family.

As for the nice guys lines, that's likely coming from his mother, soothing him after all those first dates.

I disagree. Not that Jillian doesn't like her boys with an edge , Jillian has an edge herself so she needs the banter and challenge. I don't think Jake scared her, I think he bored her. The bit about her own insecurities might apply to Reid but imo no way does it apply to Jake. Jake was never and will never be her type.

IŽll even say here and now that I am totally open to the probability that Jake's main thing on that series was trying to become the next bachelor. I think that is what the producers might have dangled to Jillian to convince her to keep him around (because Jillian I thought was pretty decent about dumping the nice guys she had no interest in whatsoever quickly) .

I don't think Jake is a bad boy, I think he's probably nice enough but I don't find him very sincere. Now that could just be because he's so inept that he needed the producers to provide him his lines last night as it looked very much like his brain was churning trying to recall his next line.

But I know that there are black and white opinions on Jake. I guess I'm on the black side.