PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

shan
01-06-2010, 03:15 AM
Michelle has to be the token crazy of the season. Who is the girl who got the first impression rose? She's kind of emotional too...

mikemba
01-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Michelle has to be the token crazy of the season. Who is the girl who got the first impression rose? She's kind of emotional too...

How could a figure skating fan forget -- she was Tenley, as in Albright!!! :)

I skimmed a few boards last night and I have to say that my favorite -- Elizabeth the pilot -- was the most unanimously liked 1st round dumpee since Blob didn't pick Shae the gorgeous fire fighter. So many people really liked her, but alas, no rose from Jake.

Although I do like Jake a lot and think his intentions here are sincere, I was disappointed that none of the 3 women who shared his more adventurous sides, the two pilots and the woman who said she'd let him drive her Harley if he let her fly his plane, got a rose. I think this means that Jake is sincerely looking for marriage, but not with an equal partner. Bummer.

And I think Channy wins the award for the earliest inappropriate comment ever. Even "man code Dave" waited until the about the 3rd episode before complimenting Jillian on her "ass" and reaching to pull up her bra strap.

Oh, and speaking of Jillian, why does Ed simply refuse to wear clothes that fit him?

heckles
01-06-2010, 04:33 AM
Everyone take a drink when Jake's on without his shirt this season!!!

Take a sip when you see:

Contestants in bikinis

A couple's massage designed to show greased, half-naked bodies

Speculation whether a contestant is there "for the right reasons"

Bachelor claiming that he still hasn't made up his mind

Take a gulp when you see:

Sweeping scenic shots

Contestants sitting contemplatively in limo

Close-ups of bachelor buttoning his cuffs

Jenny
01-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I skimmed a few boards last night and I have to say that my favorite -- Elizabeth the pilot -- was the most unanimously liked 1st round dumpee since Blob didn't pick Shae the gorgeous fire fighter. So many people really liked her, but alas, no rose from Jake.

I'm still :huh: over the two pilots. First, I'm wondering why on earth with 15 openings, Jake didn't keep either of the two people he clearly has something in common with, who are the only ones who can really understand his (supposed) passion for flying. I can see if they didn't hit it off or made a bad impression, but we barely saw either of them, and you'd think that most men would keep them around at least past the first night.

Second, I'm surprised the producers went to all the trouble of finding two gorgeous female pilots, and then let them go. So many opportunities for fantasy dates.

Honestly not that this really matters to me of course it takes Jake down a few notches in my mind.

Rob
01-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Take a sip when you see:

Contestants in bikinis

A couple's massage designed to show greased, half-naked bodies

Speculation whether a contestant is there "for the right reasons"

Bachelor claiming that he still hasn't made up his mind

Take a gulp when you see:

Sweeping scenic shots

Contestants sitting contemplatively in limo

Close-ups of bachelor buttoning his cuffs

Guzzle the bottle when you hear the words "connection" or "journey"

Rob
01-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Second, I'm surprised the producers went to all the trouble of finding two gorgeous female pilots, and then let them go. So many opportunities for fantasy dates.

It puzzles me that Jake didn't keep them, but my guess is that he's gone ga-ga for 3 or 4 women and the 2 pilots were too normal for the producers to choose as train wreck filler.

marbri
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
I think it's obvious. Jake is as dull and dumb as a plank of wood. He has to cling onto the fantasy some women have about pilots, it's all he has to impress them with so he was never going to keep around a couple of female pilots who could take the shine off his one selling point. He wants to take the girls up in his plane and have them swoon thinking he is a god defying gravity as they fly on the wings of love. Not going to work with a woman he might tell him to fix them some coffee as she takes over the controls :lol:

I remember some people all aghast when Jillian dumped flyboy. Jillian pegged him for what he was early on, pretty wallpaper ( or maybe just wallpaper).

bobalina77
01-06-2010, 04:20 PM
I think it's obvious. Jake is as dull and dumb as a plank of wood. He has to cling onto the fantasy some women have about pilots, it's all he has to impress them with so he was never going to keep around a couple of female pilots who could take the shine off his one selling point. He wants to take the girls up in his plane and have them swoon thinking he is a god defying gravity as they fly on the wings of love. Not going to work with a woman he might tell him to fix them some coffee as she takes over the controls :lol:

I think you could be right. How many times did he say that he wanted a "traditional" marriage. Maybe his idea of a traditional marriage doesn't include someone who can take control?

Catherine M
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Just a warning, Reality Steve blabbed everything he knows about the season on his blog this morning so who wins is out there.

Its going to be really hard not to see the spoilers as there is a good chance the mainstream press will pick up with what he has to say. They did so last year when Steve broke the story on Jason dumping Melissa for Molly.

soxxy
01-06-2010, 04:35 PM
At least one of these women said she has a child. Now, did I hear her talk to the camera about her child and ponder about a family life with Jake?? I hope not. Please, no dates where the little one shares an outing with Jake and mommy a la Jason and the tall Texas (?) chick. It's weird.

Rob
01-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I suppose its possible that Fleiss decided to plant the story with Steve to get him back. Who knows. That could be kind of fun though. Reality Show espionage.

bobalina77
01-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah that whole set up was a little weird. They made it seem like she's been telling her son all about Jake and how they're gonna fall madly in love and all live happily ever after. The kid wants to be a pilot (how convenient) and he supposedly gave Jake his favourite plane. It doesn't seem like a very healthy situation.

Catherine M
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
At least one of these women said she has a child. Now, did I hear her talk to the camera about her child and ponder about a family life with Jake?? I hope not. Please, no dates where the little one shares an outing with Jake and mommy a la Jason and the tall Texas (?) chick. It's weird.

Ella was the one whose intro showed her with her son and yakking about how great of a guy Jake is and how he should be her husband or some other nonsense.

There are actually two other moms on the show-- Rozlyn & Valishia.

Jenny
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
I suppose its possible that Fleiss decided to plant the story with Steve to get him back. Who knows. That could be kind of fun though. Reality Show espionage.

I hope so. Last season I dipped into one of the Bachelor boards and was amazed at the level of sleuthing - the CIA should hire these fans to find Bin Laden!

Smart producers realize that element is out there and use them to their advantage - planting hints to get buzz going, throwing out a few red herrings, etc. Lost is the best example - you can spoil all you want, but the producers control it all, so when you finally do see the episode, it always blows your mind.

With any luck the extensive teaser this week is an indicator that they've decided to play ball, on their own terms.

mikemba
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
he was never going to keep around a couple of female pilots who could take the shine off his one selling point.

Good point! I actually thought there was a similar reason why Deanna jumped Jeremy although they seemed an ideal match on paper: both were attractive, seemingly nice people; she was a realtor and he, a real estate attorney; both knew the sorrow of losing at least one parent.

But Deanna made the fact that she had lost a parent the defining thing about her. In retrospect, it now seems obvious that she wouldn't choose someone who had a similar tragedy because she would have lost the thing that she seemed to consider made her most unique.

So, I do see the parallel with Jake: I think impressing women with his pilot status is too much a part of his identity to risk losing with a woman who flies planes, or even one who rides Harleys and wants to take over the controls of his plane for a few minutes.