PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25

Catherine M
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
It all worked out really well for Reid. So he got dumped on national TV (twice) but Jillian was so not for him and he passed up the chance to meet lovlies like Vienna, Beth the tease, and needy Tenley. His reward: Miss USA.

So Take note Miss Ali suitors. Not being the one can do wonders for your dating life. Well as long as you aren't the "alpha male" ala Dave!! Gah, that guy just bugs.

Jenny
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Would have been very interesting to see how that would have played out and who would have made the final 4/6 cut. Surely not Vienna.

I think the outcome would have been entirely different - but then again, Jake turned out to be very different than what I thought in Jillian's season.

I'm sure a lot of the cast would have been the same, but there did seem to be a few planted just for Jake in that crowd.

Jenny
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
So Take note Miss Ali suitors. Not being the one can do wonders for your dating life. Well as long as you aren't the "alpha male" ala Dave!! Gah, that guy just bugs.

One does wonder how many of the "contestants" are really there for an extended audition for the following season.

Rob
03-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I think the outcome would have been entirely different - but then again, Jake turned out to be very different than what I thought in Jillian's season.

I'm sure a lot of the cast would have been the same, but there did seem to be a few planted just for Jake in that crowd.

Yes, some of the entertainment press reported that a few of the ladies chosen for Reid dropped out when they found out that it was Jake instead. So I imagine they had room for pilots etc.

Catherine M
03-16-2010, 03:35 PM
One does wonder how many of the "contestants" are really there for an extended audition for the following season.

Fleiss said last night that about half of the 25 are their to find love, while the other 12-13 are there for other reasons: career (Wes), fame, fill a role (Dave as the Alpha Male), next bachelor, etc.

I'm guessing that one guy has been cast in Ali's season with him being the next bachelor in mind but that could change. Reid wasn't suppose to be the next bachelor but he came out as the fan favorite by the end of the season so when it was time for Fleiss to pick, Reid was number one over Kip (the guy who was cast to be the bachelor but ended up not wanting the job after all) and Jake (the guy who really wanted to be the bachelor so he got it by default).

I'm glad that Reid didn't do the Bachelor as I probably would have ended up hating him and I want to remember my TV boyfriend better than that!:D

Cruella
03-16-2010, 04:26 PM
The 20/20 special was fasctinating and trashtastic. Fleiss is even creepier than I ever dared to imagine! :scream:

Rob
03-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm glad that Reid didn't do the Bachelor as I probably would have ended up hating him and I want to remember my TV boyfriend better than that!:D

Definitely, too many more featured quirks and he might have become annoying.

love skating
03-16-2010, 05:48 PM
The 20/20 special was fasctinating and trashtastic. Fleiss is even creepier than I ever dared to imagine! :scream:

I just watched bits and pieces of the special, but the one thing I came away with it is that Fleiss is very smarmy (is that the right word?). He just comes off very poorly and his "scary look" fits. I think he'll do anything for ratings.

Some things I found interesting: Melissa admitting that she and Jason were over before they ever began, Brad having to convince them to allow his decision not to pick anyone (I always thought the producers influenced that decision, but he says they really pressured him to pick someone), and Mary saying she wishes she married Bryan. I always liked Mary, but she does seem to be a train wreck. Loved seeing Andrew Firestone at the end - and his fairy tale ending. He's still my favorite bachelor!

Rafter
03-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Fleiss said last night that about half of the 25 are their to find love, while the other 12-13 are there for other reasons: career (Wes), fame, fill a role (Dave as the Alpha Male), next bachelor, etc.

I'm thinking Ali did not go on the Bachelor to find love or for Jake but for fame. That is just the sense I get from her.

I saw the part where they interviewed Melissa and I think a lot of what she was saying was "saving face".

skatesindreams
03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
It seems as though it may have taken being on the show for some of these people to realize that they could have a better chance of finding "Ms/Mr. Right" on their own.

Catherine M
03-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Some things I found interesting: Melissa admitting that she and Jason were over before they ever began, Brad having to convince them to allow his decision not to pick anyone (I always thought the producers influenced that decision, but he says they really pressured him to pick someone), and Mary saying she wishes she married Bryan. I always liked Mary, but she does seem to be a train wreck. Loved seeing Andrew Firestone at the end - and his fairy tale ending. He's still my favorite bachelor!

Seeing Andrew Firestone and family was a nice way to end the show. The only part I had trouble watching was Byron & Mary's rehashing their mess of a relationship and breakup. Kinda sad.

Interesting they pointed out that even though Travis, Jesse and PLo's seasons were a "failure" when you factor in the fact that they all ended their relationships within 20 seconds of the cameras being turned off, that all three used their time on the show to better their careers and maybe that's not a bad thing, after the fact. Jesse is by far the best College football analyst on ESPN but I'm not sure he gets the gig if he's not the Bachelor since breaking into TV Sports announcing is so difficult. And PLo hawking his doggie shampoo is always amusing. Never seen Travis being "TV Doctor" but he must be decent at it.

Only person I was surprised that we didn't see was Lt. Andy. I guess he isn't that highly thought of after all.

Rob
03-16-2010, 07:22 PM
I hope I can watch this on the website. I missed it.

PeterG
03-16-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking Ali did not go on the Bachelor to find love or for Jake but for fame. That is just the sense I get from her.

I read an article online a while back that said Ali had been auditioning for reality TV shows for a few years and getting on one of these shows was a major goal for her.

So to me, her being the next Bachelorette is just a career move. I don't think the guy she picks will be with her for long. The only good thing about her show will be seeing all the hot guys. Can't wait!! :D

dbell1
03-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I missed the update on Meredith - how's she doing?

Fleiss scared me - he looked 'dark alley' shady. :scream:

Catherine M
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Meredith is living in L.A. They showed her cooking and mentioned that she had authored a cookbook on how to cook for two while dating or something like that. The title didn't register with me. Dating some guy who she met in cooking class but no ring yet from him. No mention at all about her ex-Ian.

Edited to add, Here's a review of the 20/20 show from I-village:

http://www.ivillage.com/bachelor-revelations-2020/1-d-124036

Warning, it comes with a pic of Jake & Vienna making out.