PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Catherine M
03-02-2010, 04:10 AM
word is that Ali quit her job to be the bachelorette. She's been wanting to be a reality tv star for awhile (applied for numerous other shows including real world) so she's hit the jackpot with being the Bachelorette.

Freespirit
03-02-2010, 04:46 AM
So it wasn't Jake that she really wanted, but her own reality tv.

PeterG
03-02-2010, 06:10 AM

So dreams DO come true!!!

:batseyesinnocently:

Bostonfan
03-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I thought Tenley handled his rejection pretty well all things considered. She really tried to make him feel better about it, which of course sent him into more guilt tears. But all in all, I was impressed with her responses to him and her comments in the SUV afterward.

Catherine M
03-02-2010, 02:04 PM

Yep, and Fleiss really helped her out.

This is just a guess but my gut feeling is that Fleiss and company went to Ali around final 6 and said "hey, you look great on camera and we really think you could carry the Bachelorette. But you need a story line to complete the package". So they reused Ed's work story from the previous season but instead of having Ali be the returnee, she left, then sorta asked to come back but by then, Jake had been given the script to dump her over the phone. So poor "broken hearted" Ali is now the Bachelorette who was dump over Vienna of all people. Lots of people will tune in to see her be the one doing the dumping and viola, Fleiss has his ratings for next season.

BTW, he has said that he is done with picking new people to be the Bachelor/ette. So look for recycled people from now on, as long as this stupid show stays on the air. Thanks Brad!!:P

And for the record, I can't stand Ali but plan on tuning in to see what Fleiss comes up for her and her men! Plus there is always the eye candy!

Jenny
03-02-2010, 02:14 PM
BTW, he has said that he is done with picking new people to be the Bachelor/ette. So look for recycled people from now on, as long as this stupid show stays on the air. Thanks Brad!!:P

Makes sense actually - each season is like a lengthy audition for the next, in which they get to know the candidates, they screen test and audience test them, and see who will be the most cooperative for what they need.

Jenny
03-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Just thinking further on this - at the beginning of the season, we (well me at least!) criticized Jake for rejecting the career achievers out of the gate, and focusing on the girls he could take care of/rescue/be the big man with. Some pointed to Ali as the career girl with the big job, and later that storyline played out with her choosing career over Jake.

Well now it looks like we have reality, and not just in a tv show way: Ali is giving up her career for reality fame, and Jake is now going into his third reality show in a year. Neither is interested in their off camera careers after all!

Which is fine of course, this is America after all. Just makes the whole thing less about real people though when you consider that just about everyone is on these shows just so they can get on more shows. The head spins.

rudi
03-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Double Ugh!

Triple ugh from me.

Jake seems like a nice guy, but superficial. Best of luck to the two of them, but I will be pretty surprised if they actually get married.

On another note, Vienna looked way different on ATFR. Did she have work done on her nose, or am I crazy?

I was not happy (although not surprised of course) to see Ali as the next bachelorette. We had a taste of her hysterics when she said good-bye to Jake in the hotel, and I don't feel like watching a season of her drama and nonsense.

Then, I was even more disgusted with ABC about Kate Gosslein on DWTS.:blah:

I think I am officially over ABC, and it feels liberating...LOL!

Cupid
03-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Tenley's better off without Jake. He still seems like he needs to grow up.

She has got to be the nicest girl they've ever had on the show. So sweet and innocent. I hope she find her true love.

I wonder if we'll see Vienna sausage sitting in the audience of DWTS!

bobalina77
03-02-2010, 05:20 PM
I don't think Jake's mom will be impressed. Even though she said she changed her mind about Vienna I think she liked Tenley better. She didn't seem overly sincere when she was talking about Vienna.. you could see in her face that it was more of a "well.. she not as bad as I thought she was gonna be.." than a "oh I really like her!!!" the way it was with Tenley.

I did feel bad for Tenley. Having been in a similar position not so long ago of falling head over heels for a guy and thinking he felt the same way only to have him say he's just not feeling it for some reason that he can't put in to words. Glad to hear she's possibly moved on.. things do happen for a reason!

Freespirit
03-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Am really glad he chose Vienna. I've liked her from week two (after Ali showed her true spirit). I think they make a good match. He went for "chemistry" after all, as it should be in the beginning. Now we'll see if it sticks. Best of luck to both of them. Quite an enjoyable season.

icedance21
03-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Tenley's better off without Jake. He still seems like he needs to grow up.

Grow up because he picked Vienna? :P Tenley seems like a nice girl, but she's so extremely sensitive and fragile (due to her divorce) I personally would have stayed far, far away from her. He was very honest with her on the last date and she was very hurt. He always had to be walking on pins and needles around Tenley, and so they didn't have that natural chemistry, that "freedom" that he had with Vienna. Vienna was by far the better choice of the two.

Catherine M
03-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Makes sense actually - each season is like a lengthy audition for the next, in which they get to know the candidates, they screen test and audience test them, and see who will be the most cooperative for what they need.

It does make sense and Its def working for Fleiss and ABC to have changed to this model of having the leads audition now for their place.

Back when "new" people were getting cast like Lt. Andy and Dr. Travis Dork and PLo, the ratings weren't very good. Last night, 15 million souls tuned in to see Vienna get her rock! And even though Ali's edit wasn't that sweetheart-ish, I'm sure her ratings will be solid too, especially if they cast some guys with looks and sob stories. And the resident meatheads!

EW article on the high ratings:

Ratings: 'The Bachelor' finale woos 15 million viewers | EW.com (http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/03/02/ratings-the-bachelor-finale-woos-15-million-viewers/)

bobalina77
03-02-2010, 08:59 PM
It does make sense and Its def working for Fleiss and ABC to have changed to this model of having the leads audition now for their place.

Back when "new" people were getting cast like Lt. Andy and Dr. Travis Dork and PLo, the ratings weren't very good. Last night, 15 million souls tuned in to see Vienna get her rock!

And what a pretty rock it was! Is this the first time the bachelor has picked someone who was so universally disliked?

Catherine M
03-02-2010, 11:57 PM
And what a pretty rock it was! Is this the first time the bachelor has picked someone who was so universally disliked?

I would think DeAnna picking snowboarder Jesse over Jason was pretty bad. Lots of hate in Bachelorette land over that choice. But Jesse didn't have the tabloid press after him like Vienna but that's about the only difference. The beloved choice went out at final 2 and everyone was like "WTF".

Granted DeAnna's real choice was Graham but he was in love with some chick back in NYC so he bailed at final 4 so DeAnna just picked Jesse as a "business" arrangement. I actually think Vienna was Jake's final 1 from the very beginning.