PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

PeterG
02-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Will Tenley be eligible for an Emmy nomination for best choreography for her dance of the heart?

icedance21
02-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Will Tenley be eligible for an Emmy nomination for best choreography for her dance of the heart?
I'd give her an Emmy for Outstanding Solo Dance Performance by a College Admissions Officer. I'd also give Jake an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Dating Series for the tears when Ali said she was leaving. And then I'd take it right back for his totally unconvincing rendition of "I want you to stay, Ali."

I wonder if Ali is coming back, judging from the "call that Jake receives on the phone" preview. I never cared for her, so I'm not sorry she's gone (or is she?).

Anyways, out of the three left remaining, I think I like Gia the most. Tenley is just a bit too bubbly and seems extremely fragile. I like Vienna though...

Jenny
02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
What was Vienna's home visit like? Chris doesn't even mention it in his blog.

And back at the Beverly Wilshire I noticed - the Pretty Woman hotel!

Megansmom
02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't watch the show, but I read this article which makes me wish I did. This is a very funny summary of the show: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/the-bachelor-the-parent-trap/?cmpid=FCST_tvnews

marbri
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
Last nights show was pure comic genius. Not sure that was the intention but it was soooooo bad it had me laughing out loud.

bobalina77
02-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Okay seriously.. when Vienna's mom said something about how she's always had problems getting along with other women and how they're always trying to "throw her under the bus" I thought I was going to die laughing. If this is an issue and has been her whole life maybe there's a reason for it!! That right there makes me think that Vienna has never had to take responsibility for anything she's ever done.

As far as Alli goes.. I don't know.. I just don't see in her what you all do. She seems to me to be the only one with a head on her shoulders.

That said last night was pretty humorous. With Tenley doing her little dance ("I never danced for my ex husband.. *sob*), Gia's dorky stepbrother telling Jake that he'd break his legs if he hurt her and Vienna's dad with all the princess this and princess that talk it was an entertaining night!

Rob
02-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I haven't been watching that closely tonight but I must admit I giggled when Ali was sitting in the hallway crying over her "decision". Please, you are just doing what Fleiss is telling you so you can be in contention for the next Bachelorette gig.

That was so lame. Collapse on the floor and maybe Jake will come running out to tell you the rest of the show is just a formality.

So with the phone call preview, don't tell me this is a full Ed repeat. :rolleyes:

I like Gia the best. Hope she gets Bachelorette if this doesn't work out, but I don't know if she is showing enough personality. But I liked that she trashed her sports star boyfriends on TV.

professordeb
02-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Ali and her dramatik breakup had me laughing "but I just need a little more time" and her pointed words in trying to get Jake to tell her that "she's the one". Welllll, he did say that she would have been safe. And don't get me started with her performance on the floor in the hallway. Then when Chris was with all the ladies, I could almost swear I saw Ali looking for her cue to say "Chris, can I speak with you" - just a small look on her face as if she were waiting, got the OK to say her line and then did so. Not sure if I imagined it but it showed more when they came back from the commercial break.
Regardless, I'm glad she's gone but shades of Ed ... I swear if she comes back I'm going to scream. Is this going to be one of their quirks in the journey from now on cause if so, it was dreary with Jillian. To have to go through it yet again ... {sigh}, why do I care about this show? :)

merrywidow
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
I say Bravo Ali for choosing the job she loves over this wimpy Bachelor. He told everyone of those girls/parent that he loves them. I find him very superficial & unsure of himself. Look at the women he has left to choose from. Tenley who is still getting over her ex-husband. How much baggage would she bring to Jake if they married? Gia, who has been used & hurt so many times in her life & will find trusting Jake difficult? Or Vienna, who will make sure he does as she wants & dictates (which is what he needs in a mate, I think) because if he doesn't her father will take care of old Jake. Ali was too normal & can do much better than Jake.

Catherine M
02-09-2010, 04:59 PM
That was so lame. Collapse on the floor and maybe Jake will come running out to tell you the rest of the show is just a formality.

So with the phone call preview, don't tell me this is a full Ed repeat. :rolleyes:

I like Gia the best. Hope she gets Bachelorette if this doesn't work out, but I don't know if she is showing enough personality. But I liked that she trashed her sports star boyfriends on TV.

I like Gia the best too. She's not what I expected when her bio was first released on FORT.

And for me, Ali was totally following the Fleiss script. I bet she was promised final 4 and a shot at the Bachelorette to go along with everything.

PeterG
02-09-2010, 06:16 PM
So people are given a criminal check and psychological check before they can be part of this program, right? AND they are told, it's a "x" week shooting schedule. You MUST have permission from your employer to be away from your job for "x" weeks. If you are NOT able to get that permission, you must withdraw your application to be on this show.

"Oh yes, yes, I have my employer's permission to be away for "x" weeks!!!"

To commit to this show and then back out because of work means you're an a**hole as far as I'm concerned.

Sassafras
02-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Ali ...... I bet she was promised final 4 and a shot at the Bachelorette to go along with everything.
If she couldn't get off work long enough for The Bachelor, how could she get the time off to "star" in The Bachelorette?:confused:

Rob
02-09-2010, 07:02 PM
So people are given a criminal check and psychological check before they can be part of this program, right? AND they are told, it's a "x" week shooting schedule. You MUST have permission from your employer to be away from your job for "x" weeks. If you are NOT able to get that permission, you must withdraw your application to be on this show.

"Oh yes, yes, I have my employer's permission to be away for "x" weeks!!!"

To commit to this show and then back out because of work means you're an a**hole as far as I'm concerned.

They agree to be able to participate for a six month period to occur within a year of their application date. So by applying, they all are saying they can get off work for 6 months during the next year. But Fleiss could have created the whole work conflict because he liked it the last time.

shan
02-11-2010, 04:09 AM
I was alternately laughing and cringing and :rolleyes: during this episode. Thank goodness I recorded so I could fast forward.

Tenley's dance made me cringe a little, especially at first. I feel so mean saying that I :lol: at her when she said "dance of her heart" but I have to admit I did...

And Alli, :rolleyes: at the :drama: She seemed drunk during parts of that whole scene with her legs slung over Jake, sobbing, incoherent at times. I'm all for being real but good grief pull yourself together if this is not a set up. And if it is, get some acting lessons, please!

So what were you all thinking about the clothes seen this week? Alli's "meet my parents" outfit was kind of unflattering, something about the jacket length or the shirt hanging out under it that looked strange. And I for one didn't care for Tenley's green RC dress. I think it's the shoulder pads... :scream:

talldrink
02-16-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh my gosh, I just saw where Gia was voted off. Jake saw videos of Tenley and Vienna who both told him that they loved him and Gia just said "I'm falling for you". I liked Gia and thought Jake liked her too and I was surrprised that she went home!!