PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

4rkidz
02-03-2010, 01:33 AM
I guess what I like in a guy is different from everyone here. I don't find Jake a bore at all. I have dated all types, I think in the dating scene, and I hate the over the top, I have to be the center of attention, the I am so funny, everyone laugh at me type, the I am just too handsome for words type, The outdoor type, the muscle bound type. ETC.
I like the laid back, quiet gentle type. Who would rather go to the theater, dancing at a quiet nice resturant, a museum, walk along the beach, or just sit at home and watch a movie type. And of course the type who wants to go see Ice Skating!
Spare me the bar, nascar, boxing, wrestling, drinking type.
If that makes me boring, so be it. I am happy in my own skin.:)

yes that sounds nice in the real world - but this is t.v. - we watch this show like people watch nascar - for the WRECK.. :P ;)

marbri
02-03-2010, 02:14 AM
I guess what I like in a guy is different from everyone here. I don't find Jake a bore at all. I have dated all types, I think in the dating scene, and I hate the over the top, I have to be the center of attention, the I am so funny, everyone laugh at me type, the I am just too handsome for words type, The outdoor type, the muscle bound type. ETC.
I like the laid back, quiet gentle type. Who would rather go to the theater, dancing at a quiet nice resturant, a museum, walk along the beach, or just sit at home and watch a movie type. And of course the type who wants to go see Ice Skating!
Spare me the bar, nascar, boxing, wrestling, drinking type.
If that makes me boring, so be it. I am happy in my own skin.:)

It's about personality, or it is for me. I find Jake lacks one and find him scripted and insincere. I can't imagine any conversation with that man that would be interesting and hold my attention. That is what makes him boring to me. Not whether he prefers boxing or walks along the beach.

Tinami Amori
02-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Why are these girls knocking themselves over this guy? Jake Pavelka works (worked) for ASA (feeder vessle carier for Delta for connections ex hubs to smaller airports).
He flys a WHOLE BIG AIRCRAFT….. CRJ-200….. a Bombardier’s 50-seater… :lol:….(which is one step up from the DASH-8-100 which flys a whole 28 minutes between Honolulu and Maui, for example).

He is a FO (First Officer, right seat, which means Co-pilot, and not a Captain) and makes $64K per year….. One does not need much brain to do initial training for CRJ-200, less than a month in training…. It’s not a Boeing or an Airbus……:D

Those girls are silly not to ask him about his job… 3 questions, and it’s clear .. he is a commuter aircraft pilot with very low salary, and does not fly to any exciting “new lands”…. There is no way he has a girl “in every airport”, in his situation if he flys into “crew change” at destination outside his hub, he’ll hop back “jump seat” on an extra seat in the cock-pit. Yeah, he’ll make a nice decent middle-class husband, I am sure….. but he is not that special to make a TV show….

I don’t understand why these girls who know he is a pilot won’t ask him simple questions about his work, where he works, what aircraft he flys, where he flys to….. You can’t transfer from CRJ to Boeing or Airbus that easily…. So he is stuck flying commuter routes on a regional small aircraft, and that’s his life …….

I swear all of them go on TV just to be on TV….. because none of the girls act responsibly to find out “who they are chasing after and killing each other for”.

CRJ-200……. Big Pilot……. Gee..….. :D

Bostonfan
02-03-2010, 02:02 PM

What - guys like this don't deserve to find love too? So in your world, only guys who make 100k+ and are at the top of their field are worthy of women's attention?

There's a lot of women who'll take a nice, non-cheating, romantic WORKING guy that has a steady middle-income paycheck.

Jenny
02-03-2010, 02:04 PM
In theory, even a guy who flies a two-seater is more attractive and exciting than a guy who works in an office or on an assembly line. Jake is also unusual in another regard in that he is good looking and has a great body, but doesn't seem to be that into himself, the way most men who look like that seem to be.

But as I said, looks good on paper, but has little to back it up.

Cupid
02-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I don’t understand why these girls who know he is a pilot won’t ask him simple questions about his work, where he works, what aircraft he flys, where he flys to….. You can’t transfer from CRJ to Boeing or Airbus that easily…. So he is stuck flying commuter routes on a regional small aircraft, and that’s his life …….

I swear all of them go on TV just to be on TV….. because none of the girls act responsibly to find out “who they are chasing after and killing each other for”.

We don't know whether they DID ask about his job, maybe the network doesn't want to air that personal information. Maybe the girls DO know all that information and don't care - hey, they get to be on TV, hone their looks/acting skills, and who knows? Maybe they'll get "lucky" in some other regard, i.e., acting, modeling, some other reality show. Gia and Tenley are both very attractive and I can see them getting offers maybe from sponsors for whatever.

I don't think Jake has the greatest body, and why did he keep such immature girls? Maybe it's their age (baby-popping capabilities), who knows.

It's just entertainment for me, something to pass the time before I retire to bed on Monday nights. :respec:

PeterG
02-03-2010, 05:36 PM
entire post

She take my money when I'm in need

Get down girl go head get down...

:lol:

dbell1
02-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Bumping for tonight's 2 hour dramatic family visits. :watch:

Liked the Ali visit, dead grandmom reminded me of Merideath in Bob's season. Gia's family doesn't seem too impressed with her track record.

ETA - Tenley's certifiable. :scream: She's showing Jake the 'dance of her heart'? They're saving Vienna and daddy for last? Hmmm...

Catherine M
02-09-2010, 02:37 AM
I haven't been watching that closely tonight but I must admit I giggled when Ali was sitting in the hallway crying over her "decision". Please, you are just doing what Fleiss is telling you so you can be in contention for the next Bachelorette gig.

Really like Gia and Vienna. Yeah, Vienna. For some reason, she doesn't bug me.

dbell1
02-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Ali really looked like Career Barbie tonight in that outfit.

How long did the other 3 stand downstairs while that drama fest went on? :lol:

Jake freaking recovered too quickly with his other 3 soulmates. :scream:

Cupid
02-09-2010, 03:23 AM
I totally did NOT believe Ali's story about being torn about choosing beween Jake or her job! I think she was calling his bluff.

mikemba
02-09-2010, 04:22 AM
I guess what I like in a guy is different from everyone here. I like the laid back, quiet gentle type.

I do too! :)

I actually think Jake is very nice, the main thing that bugs me about him is that I am not so sure he wants an equal partner for his wife.

Freespirit
02-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Which three did he keep?

mikemba
02-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Which three did he keep?

Gia, Vienna, and Tenley.

Ali left on her own.

Freespirit
02-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Thanks, she was my least favorite of the final four.