PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Catherine M
02-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Next week looks good.

Hope its not all hype and some actual fireworks does happen!!

dbell1
02-02-2010, 03:18 AM
The most dramatic NOT rose ceremony ever? :lol:

Latte
02-02-2010, 03:48 AM
I figured Corrie was going as soon as she said she was a virgin.
All the guys kick off the virgins.
I think it will be down to Tenley and Ali.
Tenley is my fav right now unless she goes completely bonkers next week.
Ali and Vienna are way to immature for a thirty year old man.
I don't see what he sees in Vienna at all. She had better look better in person, cause IMO on tv she looks like a big nosed man.:eek:
I know, I know, I am mean, Can't seem to help it tonight.:biggrinbo

shan
02-02-2010, 04:34 AM
There is something unappealing about each of the remaining women.

Ali annoys me for all of the drama she's caused and for her general attitude. She reminds of someone and I can't figure out who.

Tenley talks to Jake (and the other women) like she's a first grade teacher.

There's something odd about Gia. She seems different from the others and I wonder why she's there.

Vienna is super annoying. She's just so fake looking, for all that Jake says about how honest she is with him. She went looking for Gia and Jake during their alone time? (I'm sure it was producer driven -- I just wanted her to get lost in one of those dark corners...) I was immediately reminded of obnoxious Robin and how she interrupted lots of people during her season with Matt....

Cupid
02-02-2010, 12:12 PM
I think Tenley is the one he will choose, and thought so from the beginning of the show. There's something so natural and innocent about her.

Gia is by far the prettiest of the bunch, and he does seem very attracted to her.

Depending on what happens next week (the person who was traumatically leaving I thought had darker hair who would be Gia), I do that Gia and Tenley will be in the final two.

Bostonfan
02-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Vienna doesn't get it. When he asked how she views marriage and she said something like it should always be like being teenagers in love - and that it shouldn't have to die down - I thought how can he keep her any longer? She's 23 and that's what she thinks? She's in for a shock when she finally does marry and learns that what she envisions is impossible. The first disagreement will send her into a tailspin.

professordeb
02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Alli gets on my last nerve and it's not doing too well to begin with. I was also a bit saddened/disgusted that this "trip" ends where she lives. HuH??? How does she rate such a thing and then gets to be the one that determines how the date goes. Are we being set up for something - like either having her given the opportunity to push big time to the front or maybe as a "thanks for the time" kiss-off? I wasn't sure what to make of it last night. When they showed Jake looking at her photo, and coupling it with her getting the final date before the rose ceremony - I made the leap to thinking she was going. Too bad she didn't cause I don't enjoy her drama.
Vienna - a bit too youngish in some of her thinking that life is just one big fun ride. There are worse things. I did wonder when Jake asked her what her idea of marriage was like, it some creative editing took place and we saw only part of what she said ... but then again she does seem to be doing things that reinforce the "princess" label she seems to be carrying with her.
Gia - not sure what game she's playing. A bit coy so she draws Jake into her comfort zone and once there she's all over him like the others. Hmmmm ...
Tenley - her voice sometimes drives me crazy. It sometimes seems like she's using her "little girl who has been hurt and you're not going to do that to me too" voice. Annoys me to the skies.
Corrie - sorry to see her go. She seemed real to me and the fact that she took a while to open up is something I can totally relate to ... not all of us want to spill everything about ourselves in the first throes of a relationship. Given that she seems to have a high standard of morality with regard to marriage, I can understand that she would take her time to try and actually get to know Jake before kissing him. That she probably didn't get a lot of one-on-one time probably did little to help that relationship move along if she is someone who needs to spend time getting to know them before she lets down her guard. Sounds a lot like someone I know. Then again, knowing how this show goes, it seems if you're not ready to drop all inhibitions and get the kissing going, you are likely doomed to go - and earlier than later.

Rob
02-02-2010, 04:01 PM
The only one I like is Gia, but I can't figure out why a NY bikini model who has done all kinds of :eek: :o work and dates high profile sports stars would be portrayed as so shy and wallflowery.

Catherine M
02-02-2010, 04:07 PM
The only one I like is Gia, but I can't figure out why a NY bikini model who has done all kinds of :eek: :o work and dates high profile sports stars would be portrayed as so shy and wallflowery.

Maybe her edit is to get her past the ABC powers that be for the next Bachelorette gig?????

I just can't get past her former boyfriends to even think she's a viable option but then none of these girls are viable options for Jake.

bobalina77
02-02-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't know.. I called Gia's insecurity from the beginning. Alot of people are fine when they're in their element but as soon as they step out of it they are completely insecure. I still think she hides behind her looks (her hair mostly) and maybe even "high powered boyfriends" because deep down she doesn't think she's good enough just being herself. Like no one is going to listen to what she says or something. It goes beyond what she says.. it's her whole body language.. she's just awkward to watch sometimes.

It was obvious on the double date that Jake is WAY more attracted to Gia than Vienna. He actually at times seemed to be getting annoyed that Vienna was even there especially when she climbed into bed with him :lol: I know he said he was all like she looked sexy as hell blah blah but he looked freakin annoyed. I think she's there because the producers are keeping her there and they're making Jake play along. And he's not doing a very good job of it :lol:

I think that when he goes and meets Vienna's family (especially her dad.. I was hearing the word "princess" thrown around a lot in the preview) he's going to get a good look at what her life has been like and he's gonna need to figure out if he can continue that.

I was a little choked that he got rid of Corrie and only because he made this big production about how her saving herself for marriage wasn't an issue for him. Their date was awfully awkward but it seemed to get better toward the end when she explained why she was taking it so slow.

I know I'm totally in the minority here.. but I like Ali. I think if I were stuck in a house with someone who totally annoyed me I probably wouldn't be very nice either. If I really don't like someone it's hard for me to hide it.

Jenny
02-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Didn't see it yet, but have gone ahead and spoiled. This is only my second Bachelor season, but it's already wearing thin. At this point last summer, Jillian had some real options, and while I didn't agree with her final choice, at least each man had something to offer and was different from one another, and of course the dramz with Wes and Ed.

Jake's choices all seem immature and needy and lacking in personality. But then again he doesn't have much either - the 1-1 conversations this season are positively painful. At least Jillian seemed to have a brain and some spirit, as did most of her finalists. It's like Jake has gotten rid of anyone remotely interesting, and I'm not impressed that his ideal wife material seems to be someone that he perceives as inferior to him (ie getting rid of all the women who had real careers and normal lives and confidence in themselves before they got here).

Maybe we're in for a good ending? Maybe the hometown visits will add some dimension to them all (girls next week, Jake the week after?) and I was looking forward to St Lucia as I have been there a couple of times so it's familiar to me.

bobalina77
02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Ali has a real career.. she's in accounting or something. Seems like her life was pretty normal pre bachelor as well. I think she's pretty interesting.. at least she has a backbone.

Rob
02-02-2010, 05:03 PM
She's an advertising account manager. If I were her, I am not sure I'd want to leave SF for Dallas. But I need the ocean.

love skating
02-02-2010, 05:42 PM
My take the final four...

Gia - I like her. I think Jake is the most physically attracted to her, but I'm not sure if they have enough emotional connection or friendship there.

Vienna - I don't like her. She's so immature. She's 23, but acts like she's 13. I think he likes her for the fun for now, but that won't last. Am I the only one who finds her physically unattractive? I feel bad saying that, but from the beginning I found her so homely looking.

Ali - I think he's the most comfortable with her. It seems easy between them. They seem most like boyfriend and girlfriend to me. Her cattiness wasn't pleasant the previous episodes, but I still think we didn't get to see what made the girls all turn on Vienna, so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Tenley - I think he sees her as the ideal wife, the sweetest girl who shares his "values". But he may be more physically attracted to Gia and Ali which could hurt Tenley in the end. But if he's really looking for wifey material he could pick her in the end.

I'm unspoiled and can't decide who the final pick is - except that I'm pretty positive it isn't Vienna.

Jenny
02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
She's an advertising account manager.

Has she talked about it at all? Because I'm skeptical about those bios anyway, and frankly that's the type of job description that could mean anything from serious career to junior meaningless job she's just killing time with until she becomes famous.

I feel like the only thing we really know about her at this point is that she's afraid to fly (which could have been a ploy all along). Maybe there was something more on the SF date, but I don't remember much from the Palm Springs date.