PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

merrywidow
01-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I'm not a big fan of Jake. He strikes me from being on Bachelorette as being obsessive & possessive. Now, he just doesn't strike me as knowing much about women other than to say, "You look beautiful!" I wish Ali & the other 3 (Gia, Corrie & Tenley?) would all tell him they don't want to introduce him to their families & walk off the show, leaving him with his precious Vienna. I think she could whip him into shape. :kickass:

Rob
01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Article re more drama to come on the Bachelor - nothing specific:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/news/jake-pavelka-expect-horrible-event-worse-than-rozlyn-scandal-2010211

Jenny
01-26-2010, 08:50 PM
The lowest point "is yet to come," the single stud tells ET. "It won't be any secret," he adds cryptically.

"Horrible. Awful. On a scale of one to 10, it nears a 10." Pavelka admits that the to-be-revealed event created "devastation" for him.

The article is dated last week - I wonder if he just meant sending home more people than he had to this week?

Rob
01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
If that was a 10 on the devastation scale, he lives a charmed life.

Jenny
01-26-2010, 09:15 PM
If that was a 10 on the devastation scale, he lives a charmed life.

Speaking of - the family I'm most looking forward to getting a look at is his, not any of the girls'.

Rafter
01-26-2010, 09:22 PM
I doubt that article had much to do with last night's episode. There wasn't really anything earthshattering that happened last night.

I bet he's referring to something coming up in the next episode or two.

Rob
01-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Speaking of - the family I'm most looking forward to getting a look at is his, not any of the girls'.

Me too! Should we play an "aw shucks, golly, gee willikers" drinking game?

Jenny
01-26-2010, 09:38 PM
I think we need to pay close attention to Mother Pavelka, as she likely has a big influence on her son's life, and possibly his final decision.

dbell1
01-27-2010, 12:58 AM
I think his family all dresses in plaid. :P

Too bad they didn't go all out on the "wings of love" theme and drop the dumped 'rettes from a plane at the 'most dramatic rose ceremony ever'. Could have handed out parachutes instead of roses. Losers get rocks. That I would pay to see. :D

professordeb
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
I think his family all dresses in plaid. :P

Too bad they didn't go all out on the "wings of love" theme and drop the dumped 'rettes from a plane at the 'most dramatic rose ceremony ever'. Could have handed out parachutes instead of roses. Losers get rocks. That I would pay to see. :D
Thanks sooooo much for that chuckle!!! :lol: :biggrinbo

bobalina77
01-27-2010, 07:25 PM
I still think there has to be something about Vienna as it doesn't just seem to be one or two of the girls who don't like her.. it's pretty much ALL of them. I think Jesse's story about Vienna the car crashes was kind of telling as to the life she's accustomed to and her maturity level. I totally got that vibe from her right from the beginning. She comes across as a Paris Hilton wannabe. I can see why that would get old and annoying to the other girls cause it would definitely get on my nerves if I had to live with it 24/7. I think Jesse pretty much knew she had no chance in hell of staying (did she really get ANY one on one time with Jake aside from the very end the other night?), so she didn't have to tell Jake anything but she did anyway.

I think they're just trying to make people feel sorry for Vienna in order to drop some big bomb and make people go.. Ooooooh.. now it all makes sense!

I thought his date with Gia was kinda cute. You can kind of tell she was not part of the popular crowd in school.. she has an awkwardness about her that still comes through once in a while. It's like her confidence isn't quite where it should be even though she's gorgeous.. which explains the hiding behind her hair.

I like that he's letting the girls he's really not interested in or isn't sure about go early. At least he's not stringing them along just because he can.

Cupid
01-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Still, it's embarrassing and humuliating to be sent home early like that. He's heartless. You're playing a game here, play by the rules and don't be rude. He's heartless and rude.

Jenny
01-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm also of two minds on this whole "send them home early out of respect for them and the other girls" thing too. On the one hand it makes some sense, but really, how much time has he really given each of these girls?

I guess you often do know that it's not going to work on the first date or even first meeting, but at the same time, just as often, it takes a bit more time to get to know someone, especially in this bizarre competitive environment with forced romance and production people all over the place recording it all for America to see. And certainly, first impressions do not always hold - either bad or good. Look at Alli for example.

At the same time, I'm recalling last season - didn't Jake whine a bit that Jillian let him go too early, for the wrong reasons, without really getting to know him? Our Jake is a bit hypocritical it seems.

bobalina77
01-27-2010, 10:08 PM
The one thing I can say about Ali is at least she's not one way with the girls and completely different with Jake. She speaks her mind equally to all of them :lol:

Latte
01-28-2010, 12:12 AM
I don't really get what he sees in Vienna. But, it is his choice, not mine.
I think he is really into Ali, bitchyness or not. She may win. I like Tenely, so does he I think. It is between the three of them I think so the others will go home next week.
I can't wait to see the blowup. Probably will be Ali and Vienna.