PDA

View Full Version : The Bachelor--Season 14

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Jenny
01-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Arrgghhh!!! I haven't been able to watch this week's ep, so finally decided to read this thread and Chris' blog to catch up before Monday, and made the mistake of reading the comments on the blog, in which some IDIOT refers to Reality Steve's spoiler. :wall::wall::wall:

I should have known it would be impossible to avoid the spoilers on this show when they are everywhere, sigh.

Anyhoo, moving on, glad to hear Psycho and Gamer are gone - just not fun for me to watch. But question:

Why do they all hate Vienna now? One of the things I had noticed in the first two eps is that Vienna seems to be hanging out with the other girls and very friendly with them all. Or was that just some of the girls who have left?

A few comments on Chris' blog echoed what was said here - who was Valisha? Also noting that Catherine (??), Corrie and Jesse are getting very little air time. One might think that means there will be more on them later, but Valisha's gone, so maybe not.

bobalina77
01-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Okay so I just watched the episode last night.. holy drama haha! My thoughts..

- Good for Jake for calling Michelle's bluff.. and totally :confused: by her little rant. First of all SHE said she was leaving and he just didn't stop her. He didn't tell her to leave really except to say that if she really felt she should leave then she should. She says she's not desperate but how many times did we hear her say "I really really REALLY want a husband!".. umm.. if that's not desperate..

- Ali did come off as bitchy at times.. but I liked it when she called Vienna on interrupting Jake and Elizabeth. That totally wasn't necessary she already had a rose so she wasn't going anywhere. I thought it was good when Ali said "okay.. you may not realize that you've hurt someone.. but you did and I just thought you should know that." And that could very well be the problem. Some people do things without realizing how it might affect someone else.. and it's totally not intentional. Sometimes that's just the way someone is, and sometimes it's a sign of someone who's still a bit immature. However when Ali and the other blond girl talked to Jake about Vienna I thought that was a little much.. I mean seriously.. how highschool is that? And don't complain about Vienna coming home and "gushing" about how amazing their date was.. they all do the same thing!

- I did feel like the girls were ganging up on Vienna.. it's weird that it's not just one or two girls who don't like her.. it's ALL of them. I think she just rubs them the wrong way. Except Gia apparently, but I think Gia's playing it smart by standing back and letting the girls get caught up in the drama and whine to Jake and trying not to get caught up in it herself (even though she did a bit last night). She seems to be willing to just let the chips fall where they may.

- Elizabeth just did NOT get it.. is she really that dumb? It wasn't about whether Jake needed to kiss her to feel a connection.. it's that nobody likes being played. Whether she realized it or not.. that's what she was doing.

talldrink
01-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Elizabeth was strange, I kept thinking "they planted her on the show". Would ANYBODY really act that way?

Latte
01-23-2010, 12:38 AM
I agree. I really liked Ali in the first week or two but now I just think she's a big bully. Pretty girl, but a bully. She's definitey gone way down on my list.

I didn't like Gia in the first week but she is growing on me. I actually think she's the most mature one in the house.
I had the same opinion of Ali. Liked her best the first week, can't stand her now. Her dislike of V is just so over the top. Jealous anyone?:blah:

Catherine M
01-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Just a reminder that its the Final 9 episode tonight!!

Looking forward to watching the RV Love Bus trip up the California coast. Nothing like a bunch of catty women in a small space like a RV for good TV!!!

Rafter
01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Can't wait for tonight!!! :cheer:

I have to admit that Jake went up a notch or two in my book last week at his perceptiveness of Elizabeth. I think a lot of men would have been blinded by her looks and massive boobs to notice but he did.

4rkidz
01-26-2010, 01:15 AM
anybody else watching right now? I'm trying to catch up as only saw the first week.. he's on a date right now with Gia to a vinyard.. oh he likes her..:hat1:

Cupid
01-26-2010, 02:48 AM
He's sending home a lot of women tonight!:lol:

dbell1
01-26-2010, 02:51 AM
I adore this guy - he doesn't want to keep women around he doesn't like! :lol:

Looks like more burning roses tonight! :D

He seems very taken with Vienna. Reminds me of Aaron and Helene. She got pissed on her season and he sent home the person bothering her.

ETA - Canadian girl can't walk in heels and short skirts.

Oh and :cheer2: to Vienna for getting under everyone else's skin and totally tossing them off their game.

shan
01-26-2010, 03:08 AM
I am :watch: this season b/c I don't care that much for Jake. I don't really have a preference for who wins...

Gia is a puzzle to me. Sometimes I really like her and other times she strikes me as odd. What was with Jake carrying her with her legs wrapped around him?

I am sad that Ashleigh went home, b/c she made me :rofl: with her one on one time taking about girls who come across as desperate.

What on earth was Jessie wearing to the RC? It looked a little trashy to me, maybe it was the black on black....

:cheer2: for Jake getting rid of Ella of the no chemistry and Kathryn who seems a little too sure of herself...

I can't believe I liked Ali the first week or two. She and Tenley are OTT about Vienna. I'm :rofl: every time Jake picks her.

Hometown dates should be interesting, if Vienna makes it, do you think the other girls will spend their time trashing her?

mikemba
01-26-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm getting really irritated at Jake's sloppy and casual appearance. When he met the women for dinner, he was wearing an undershirt as his top underneath that jog-suit jacket. And he must have worn 10 different plaid flannel shirts so far, while these women are wearing dresses and high heels.

I would love it if one of these women said to him "Oh, I'm surprised you're dressed so casually" or "I'm disappointed you didn't shave for our date." They won't of course, but I wish they would.

I don't think he dressed that way on Jillian's season -- I think it is the producers at work here, trying to make the women look even more desperate by swooning over an unkempt looking man.

Freespirit
01-26-2010, 06:07 AM
I can't believe I was convinced after the first episode that Ali was the one for Jake. She has turned into a witch! I may not have cared for Vienna at first, but I sure like an underdog. I hope she's in until the end, but realistically think that he'll end up with Tenley or Gia.

Jenny
01-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Missed the first half hour, so came in right as they arrived at Pismo Beach and the world's tackiest hotel.

Can anyone explain why Ali, Tenley, Jessie and the others hate Vienna so much? I get Jessie's story about crashing cars, but that doesn't seem like enough to have them all gang up on her. I could see them saying, "well, she's a little spoiled, but Jake will see that soon enough," but they are so adamant she must go, and don't seem to see that Jake likes her.

It's such a change from the first two eps, when Vienna seemed to be friendly with many of the girls - or are they all gone?

As for chemistry, I don't see it with any of them. I now see why Jake has had few second dates in his life - the contrast between Jake on paper and Jake in person is too drastic. If he was less attractive, not a pilot etc then his 1950s aw shucks personality might be more appealing and I could see someone liking his simplicity and sincerity. But with abs and a job like that, one hopes he's going to be more of a man, no?

I agree about him dressing sloppily when the girls are always at level 4 makeup, hair, heels and cocktail dresses. I'm also annoyed that he keeps calling them "guys." Sure, many of us refer to our girlfriends as guys casually or as part of a larger group that includes men, but it just sounds so awkward whenever Jake does it, and contributes to the overall impression that he's spent very little time with women before. Chris always says "ladies" and even "girls" would be preferable IMO.

Also, I was :lol: that they were in Big Sur, one of the most beautiful places on earth and with some incredible hotels and restaurants, and they were stuck roasting marshmallows outside an RV in the woods!

Rob
01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I like Jake better and better because he got rid of the producer's picks quickly and is not keeping anyone around if there is no chemistry. That one on one time with Ashleigh was just plain awkward.

Lol Jenny, he really goes have a 1950s aw shucks personality.

Re Vienna, other than the jealousy factor, Corrie said in her comedy routine that Vienna trashes the other girls. And she probably gloated about her individual date with Jake. But Ali didn't?

Cruella
01-26-2010, 03:51 PM
As for chemistry, I don't see it with any of them.

Agree -- he's totally asexual!

Also, I was :lol: that they were in Big Sur, one of the most beautiful places on earth and with some incredible hotels and restaurants, and they were stuck roasting marshmallows outside an RV in the woods!

It's Recession Romance, baby! Last season it was the train and now it's RVs and tents? :watch:

And how much did I love/cringe at the tinkly piano rendering of "On the Wings of Love" as Gia shared her tearful thoughts on emotional vulnerability? Sweet.